U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-02-2007, 02:39 PM
 
10 posts, read 29,360 times
Reputation: 11

Advertisements

retarded

you see a store and you gotta go around the block and take 2 roads to get to it

who's the moron that mapped out your state?

LOL @ entrances not bein off left or right turns

get your stuff together NJ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-02-2007, 02:51 PM
 
Location: High Bridge, NJ
3,858 posts, read 8,052,117 times
Reputation: 3317
Troll?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2007, 02:59 PM
 
Location: NJ
329 posts, read 1,312,215 times
Reputation: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe neckbone View Post
retarded

you see a store and you gotta go around the block and take 2 roads to get to it

who's the moron that mapped out your state?

LOL @ entrances not bein off left or right turns

get your stuff together NJ
NJ : Land of the jug-handle if that's what you're talking about. My friend from Az. near lost his mind here. You should see all the commotion over at Brookdale College over the newly completed."round-about", which I understand is not quite the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2007, 03:28 PM
 
Location: 3219'03.7"N 10643'55.9"W
7,962 posts, read 16,772,619 times
Reputation: 6912
You know what's funny, was I could tell all the time who an out of state driver was (usually New York) when the driver was attempting to make a left turn at a busy interchange, and other cars were furiously honking, in a vain attempt to let the driver know what he was attempting was highly illegal. I know some people who moved to NJ from other places and found these designs preferrable. But I can see how they'd be confounding to most out of state motorists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2007, 04:12 PM
 
Location: NJ
12,284 posts, read 30,939,609 times
Reputation: 5190
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
You know what's funny, was I could tell all the time who an out of state driver was (usually New York) when the driver was attempting to make a left turn at a busy interchange, and other cars were furiously honking, in a vain attempt to let the driver know what he was attempting was highly illegal. I know some people who moved to NJ from other places and found these designs preferrable. But I can see how they'd be confounding to most out of state motorists.
i think it was houston - they have the WEIRDEST turning lanes. you turn from the left lane into the far left, where you have oncoming traffic on your right! it freaked me out at first. hard to describe, hopefully that made sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2007, 05:31 PM
 
2,541 posts, read 10,189,375 times
Reputation: 946
Actually it is not all like that.

And it is better for traffic, things go faster. You get less red light time for the going straight traffic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2007, 07:09 PM
 
Location: Missouri
6,044 posts, read 21,128,367 times
Reputation: 5033
You have to use the jughandles.
After living in NJ for so many years, I have lost the ability to make left turns. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2007, 09:33 PM
 
299 posts, read 1,194,048 times
Reputation: 121
I can navigate "round abouts" , jug handles,etc. - I even know how to get out of parking garages in Atlantic City( that's fun) but I have never had to pump my own gas. I feel a bit deficient.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2007, 11:26 PM
 
Location: Southern California
25,346 posts, read 24,141,953 times
Reputation: 23732
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v115/Melsie/troll_2.jpg (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2007, 12:03 AM
 
Location: Nashville, TN
2,866 posts, read 8,280,755 times
Reputation: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJTina View Post
NJ : Land of the jug-handle if that's what you're talking about. My friend from Az. near lost his mind here. You should see all the commotion over at Brookdale College over the newly completed."round-about", which I understand is not quite the same.
When was that put in? Brookdale is where I went for Tourism and Travel. My son went there also.
Why are they wasting money mailing ads to my home in TN to my daughter? They kept asking her to go there, which would not have been an option even if we still lived in NJ. I would not send a student with a 3.8 average on 4.0 scale to a community college. She worked hard for those grades so deserved better.
Diane
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top