Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 01:34 PM

13,403 posts, read 28,723,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothis View Post
LOL<puzzled look> you mean he was kiddin?
come on. mine was typed with the same amount of sarcasim.
Well then welcome to our "You better not bash Jersey" threads....if anything they are entertaining

check this out

Do Not Move To New Jersey!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2007, 01:45 PM

185 posts, read 583,206 times
[quote=njkate;1642657]Well then welcome to our "You better not bash Jersey" threads....if anything they are entertaining

check this out

Do Not Move To New Jersey!!![/

Thanks for the welcome!
sometimes you just need a good laugh.

Old 10-03-2007, 01:49 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,365,864 times
They are building to many stores and restaurants all over the country so I'm not knocking JERSEY for that, its eveywhere.
One point I will say though is that the Khovarion homes on Tennent Road in Manalapan were supposed to be part of protected space and some politician pushed them though. Good Luck as they are built on Wetlands, could sink.You could barely drive up that road now.

Diane

Last edited by Diane Giam; 10-03-2007 at 01:50 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 10-03-2007, 02:01 PM

[quote=newtothis;1642781]
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Well then welcome to our "You better not bash Jersey" threads....if anything they are entertaining

check this out

Do Not Move To New Jersey!!![/

Thanks for the welcome!
sometimes you just need a good laugh.
there is also a good thread on Jersey food
http://www.city-data.com/forum/new-j...-me-north.html

C'mon & join us if you're a wee bit homesick..we understand

Old 10-03-2007, 02:04 PM

522 posts, read 1,584,627 times
Truthfully, I don't think we have enough Dunkin Donuts in NJ. I know Howell has only 3 D&Ds in a 2 mile radius.

Old 10-03-2007, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseynj View Post
Truthfully, I don't think we have enough Dunkin Donuts in NJ. I know Howell has only 3 D&Ds in a 2 mile radius.
I tell you when I was up in the Boston Area visiting the FIL..small town outside of Boston, there was at least 5 of them
They must be headquartered up there..good grief 5 of them in like a 10 mile radius

Old 10-03-2007, 02:11 PM

522 posts, read 1,584,627 times
Oh yeah...Mass has a ton of D&D's which is good for someone who loves their coffee.

Old 10-03-2007, 02:15 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,977,196 times
Are there no Howard Stern fans here? Quivers, Norris, Florentine...

Old 10-03-2007, 02:52 PM

311 posts, read 1,376,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseynj View Post
Newton can beat that. We have a Dunkin Donuts on Route 206 just north of the town. Another one opened up inside the Walmart down the road. A recent newspaper article mentioned that the town approved some type of development near the Home Depot for Kohls, Wachovia and, guess what, a Dunkin Donuts. Just what we need, 3 of them within a couple hundred yards. I'm surprised that a town of 8,000 people has managed to get by this long with only 3 supermarkets, 7 banks, 10 car dealerships, 2 hardware chains, 8 pizzarias, 4 pharmacies (2 of them Rite Aid) and just about anything else you would find in the yellow pages (except a bookstore for some reason).

The OP made a good point about the skylands region. Developers up here are fuming that the lake at Swartswood state park has not been drained yet to make room for 500 mansions to be crammed into lots the size of a baseball diamond. If they ever fly in an airplane and see an aerial view, it's a constant reminder that there are still trees to be eliminated in favor of that next diner that will get NJ into the record books.

Old 10-03-2007, 03:04 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,977,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolfan View Post
The OP made a good point about the skylands region. Developers up here are fuming that the lake at Swartswood state park has not been drained yet to make room for 500 mansions to be crammed into lots the size of a baseball diamond. If they ever fly in an airplane and see an aerial view, it's a constant reminder that there are still trees to be eliminated in favor of that next diner that will get NJ into the record books.
I'm glad you saw the grain of seriousness in my post as well. It's funny-in another post I was accused of being some PC-bleeding-heart because I advocated for redeveloping our cities. I'll freely admit that my desire to preserve the natural beauty and wild lands of this state trumps my desire to make the cities a nice place to live, but they go hand in hand. My fiancee grew up in Hampton, just outside of Newton, and her parents can't believe how much the area has changed since they first settled there close to 30 years ago.

Likewise, I grew up in Hamilton in a rural area where when my father was a kid, they used to go down the hill behind the house (my parents' home sits next to my grandparents' home in what used to be their horse paddock) and pattern their shotguns. If you did that much firing now the police would be knocking on the door. These days if my father sees a groundhog near the garden he either has to trap it or use a .22 to dispatch it for fear of violating the firearms discharge ordinance imposed upon us by yuppies who can't bear the thought of animals being killed.

So, apvman and John, I'm no bleeding heart, I'm a person who loves rural and wild New Jersey and wants to keep yuppies from developing anymore of it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey