U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 07:07 PM

10 posts, read 35,271 times

Advertisements

Can anyone give me the name of the newspaper most commonly read by personnel at Ft. Monmouth Military base or surrounding area. I find when moving to a new area I can get more information from the newspaper than any other source - provided I know the name and can get something online.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2007, 07:08 PM

3,858 posts, read 8,058,900 times
Asbury Park Press and the Star Ledger.

Old 10-04-2007, 06:21 AM

2,689 posts, read 2,852,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfish740 View Post
Asbury Park Press and the Star Ledger.
the star ledger is not too popular in monmouth county, the only people who read it are transplants from north jersey, the ledger doesn't even cover mnmouth county stories, stick with the APP or the local weeklies

Old 10-04-2007, 07:13 AM

10 posts, read 35,271 times
Default Newspaper in Ft. Monmouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
the star ledger is not too popular in monmouth county, the only people who read it are transplants from north jersey, the ledger doesn't even cover mnmouth county stories, stick with the APP or the local weeklies
Thanks for the help. Do you know the names of the "local weeklies" Thank You

Old 10-04-2007, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn56 View Post
Thanks for the help. Do you know the names of the "local weeklies" Thank You
the one that cover the ares is the altanticville from long branch

Old 10-04-2007, 08:21 AM

329 posts, read 1,312,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
You're right. Being a transpant I craved the Star Ledger, but what I found out is in Monmouth County you can only get what's called the "state edition". I didn't want the news about New Brunswick or obituaries from Trenton. I wanted the good ole Newark Star Ledger. I called them and the best they can do is offer it on-line to me at the subscription price. Somehow that's not the same when you're having your morning coffee.

Old 10-04-2007, 08:34 AM

3,314 posts, read 12,266,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn56 View Post
Can anyone give me the name of the newspaper most commonly read by personnel at Ft. Monmouth Military base or surrounding area. I find when moving to a new area I can get more information from the newspaper than any other source - provided I know the name and can get something online.
I would agree with others and say the Asbury Park Press, the press also puts out a weekly publication called the Transcript which is centered on local NJ topics.

Old 10-04-2007, 09:22 AM

222 posts, read 912,120 times
In case you didn't know... Ft Monmouth is closing and that area is going to be a ghost town.

Old 10-04-2007, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krusher View Post
In case you didn't know... Ft Monmouth is closing and that area is going to be a ghost town.

the fort may be closing, still years away and the area will hardly be a ghost town, what exactly are your predictions based on?

Old 10-04-2007, 10:52 AM

329 posts, read 1,312,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krusher View Post
I think there is still a glimmer of hope left on it not closing. And rest assured, that precious Monmouth Cty. land will in no way go to waste and become a "ghost town". Does anyone know how much acreage is involved?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or