U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-12-2012, 02:37 PM

2 posts, read 896 times

Advertisements

I have been relocated to the city from Florida. We are in desperate need of a rental and zeroed in on Little Silver, Shrewsbury, Oceanport area. We have a house for sale in Florida and need to sell so we are renting for now. Need Is for atleast a 3 br...anyone, please help. Would like to stay under 3k. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2012, 03:01 PM

28,096 posts, read 22,379,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citimike View Post
I have been relocated to the city from Florida. We are in desperate need of a rental and zeroed in on Little Silver, Shrewsbury, Oceanport area. We have a house for sale in Florida and need to sell so we are renting for now. Need Is for atleast a 3 br...anyone, please help. Would like to stay under 3k. Thanks
What do you want people to help you with exactly? Do you have any specific questions?

And can you provide some details, such as whether your are looking at a sf or a townhouse or what?

They are all nice towns. I catch the train from Little Silver, and so do coworkers who live in Shrewsbury and Oceanport.

Have you looked at Realtor.com with your criteria to see what is available?

Old 08-12-2012, 03:23 PM

2 posts, read 896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
What do you want people to help you with exactly? Do you have any specific questions?

And can you provide some details, such as whether your are looking at a sf or a townhouse or what?

They are all nice towns. I catch the train from Little Silver, and so do coworkers who live in Shrewsbury and Oceanport.

Have you looked at Realtor.com with your criteria to see what is available?
At this point, any help or guidance would be appreciated. The inventory in these areas are non existent. I am using this forum as a channel for the possibilities of "home networking". I am looking for a sf. Maybe someone knows somebody, who knows somebody.

Old 08-12-2012, 07:53 PM

I will keep my ears open. I just did the search myself, and there are no rentals listed AT ALL Shrewsbury or Oceanport. There was one in Little Silver for about $4500. They really aren't rental towns, and the houses are generally large and therefore more expensive to begin with.

But I pulled up a few in Red Bank: http://www.realtor.com/homesforrent/...baths-1h#/pg-1

Great commuter town (has a train station, which only Little Silver does of your other choices) and has the downtown/restaurants/theater/art that none of the other towns have. Plus the riverfront.

You also might want to look at Tinton Falls for sf homes that are more affordable. It's a nice town, lots of wooded areas.

Old 08-14-2012, 07:04 AM

9 posts, read 20,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I will keep my ears open. I just did the search myself, and there are no rentals listed AT ALL Shrewsbury or Oceanport. There was one in Little Silver for about $4500. They really aren't rental towns, and the houses are generally large and therefore more expensive to begin with.

But I pulled up a few in Red Bank: http://www.realtor.com/homesforrent/...baths-1h#/pg-1

Great commuter town (has a train station, which only Little Silver does of your other choices) and has the downtown/restaurants/theater/art that none of the other towns have. Plus the riverfront.

You also might want to look at Tinton Falls for sf homes that are more affordable. It's a nice town, lots of wooded areas.

Thank you for your help. It looks like we are going to do Fair Haven if it all works out.

Old 08-14-2012, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citimike111 View Post
Thank you for your help. It looks like we are going to do Fair Haven if it all works out.
Good luck. I have lived in this part of Monmouth County myself for almost three years now, and I really like it here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey