Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 10:17 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,677,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshflakes757 View Post
I'm on my last legs here. I'm moving to CA in the summer for grad school.
enjoy those WARM pacific waters!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2013, 10:22 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrsygrl51 View Post
I personally dont care about Aruba. I grew up in NJ. USED to be a great place. I will still come back to visit and stay in Wildwood for vacation, but traveling outside US, not for me.
you dont have to care about aruba, but to suggest nj beaches are better than aruba's seems pretty dumb to me.

Old 02-27-2013, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
I said I like St. Thomas, Bermuda, Tortola better so chill out. Barbados was too rocky, San Juan was a sh**hole (Humacao was better), Bahamas was horrible - women accosting you constantly and beggars galore, and Grenada - have you been there? Ugh.

You're too funny, I don't need my head examined, I just happen to have a different opinion than you. Your reaction speaks volumes.

BTW - I won't ski out East, only West, Utah is much much better than PA. happy now?

And btw, you DID say you were offended.
my wife says culebra is much nicer for a beach place in puerto rico. the familia wanted to get together there for a vacation. i have been hesitant to go to puerto rico for vacations though. probably not gonna happen now since most of the remaining puerto rican familia of mine will be moving to florida soon.

Old 02-27-2013, 10:33 AM

2,098 posts, read 3,523,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
enjoy those WARM pacific waters!
Oh I will because you can actually go in them in January when everyone here is freezing their asses off.

Old 02-27-2013, 10:33 AM

2,449 posts, read 2,875,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
you dont have to care about aruba, but to suggest nj beaches are better than aruba's seems pretty dumb to me.
I never compared Aruba to Jersey. I simply said I prefer Jersey beaches. I have been to FLA beaches, and the Carribean.

Old 02-27-2013, 10:43 AM

79 posts, read 185,936 times
Just and new outside view here.. My Grandparents-Sister and Mother could not wait to leave jersey, My Grandparents left in 1972 for Florida and the rest of the flock followed over the years and in 1994 I followed and the weather here is great the beaches the sand and the water is nice and you don't have to pay to be on it but their version of a Boardwalk is not like ours and that's what I don't like..

When I visited here over the years I loved it, but living here is different and there is a side of Florida they do not show you.. After almost 20 years here I can't wait to move back, I'll still stay in Fla for a few months at a time but Jersey is home to me no matter how corrupt and bad the state is run I remember the 70s and 80s when life was simple here even the early 90s.. In my early 20s I complained how bad it was here and this and that, then I left and saw what is out there and I come home twice a year now sometimes I stay a few months..

I guess what I'm trying to say is , there are other places out there nicer weather.. Cheaper and if you wanna go .. Go..Hopefully it works out for you and you find what you are looking for.. But you can't slam people for the places they love, everybody has different opinions on certain experiences they have encountered and some have one sided opinions on their experiences because they just haven't seen enough yet That used to be me.. There is good and bad everywhere, but the people here in Jersey have a clue, voice their opinions an no one Nooo One scams us or pulls the wool over our eyes.. When people leave here they see the difference on what I am talking about the others well you are just gonna have to see what I am talking about but you will..

My Sister even misses it but would never move back because its just not her she is just the small percentage that was born here but is not your typical Jersey Girl none the least and well her destiny is to be in South Florida.. No harm No Foul

For me I left at the age 23 and can't wait to live up here a few months outta the year hey I just can't take below 0 weather for that long anymore.. I Lived-Listened and Learned we will just leave it at that

Old 02-27-2013, 10:54 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,677,666 times
Quote:
Oh I will because you can actually go in them in January when everyone here is freezing their asses off.
Jesus, January? You need a freaking dry/wet suit in July, cannot imagine January. But more power to you.

Old 02-27-2013, 11:09 AM

9,375 posts, read 20,787,825 times
Quote:
I'm on my last legs here. I'm moving to CA in the summer for grad school.
You lucky dog....

May I suggest a drive from Monterey to Morro Bay while you are there?

Driving Pacific Coast Highway Big Sur Coastline 2010 - YouTube

Old 02-27-2013, 12:09 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,523,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
You lucky dog....

May I suggest a drive from Monterey to Morro Bay while you are there?

Driving Pacific Coast Highway Big Sur Coastline 2010 - YouTube
Oh yeahhhhhh!! I'll definitely do that, perhaps Memorial Day weekend. I used to live out there but never made it up to Monterrey -- only San Luis Obispo and a few trips to SF (although I flew United instead of driving )

Old 02-27-2013, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrsygrl51 View Post
I never compared Aruba to Jersey. I simply said I prefer Jersey beaches. I have been to FLA beaches, and the Carribean.
so what do you suppose is better about an nj beach than an aruba beach? aside from being closer to where you live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey