Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 12:23 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,516,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
my wife says culebra is much nicer for a beach place in puerto rico. the familia wanted to get together there for a vacation. i have been hesitant to go to puerto rico for vacations though. probably not gonna happen now since most of the remaining puerto rican familia of mine will be moving to florida soon.
My dad is a real jersey shore guy tried and true and absolutely loved visiting Puerto Rico. I'm pretty sure he flew into SJU, but I'm almost positive he visited the rainforest area of the country. I'll have to ask him.

Unfortunately I've never visited Puerto Rico -- only the airport SJU once connecting to and from (drum roll please) ARUBA!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2013, 12:25 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,915,122 times
Quote:
so what do you suppose is better about an nj beach than an aruba beach? aside from being closer to where you live.
You can sit on the NJ beach without the wind blowing sand at your face hard enough that you feel like you are in front of a sandblaster.

Old 02-27-2013, 12:28 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,580,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshflakes757 View Post
My dad is a real jersey shore guy tried and true and absolutely loved visiting Puerto Rico. I'm pretty sure he flew into SJU, but I'm almost positive he visited the rainforest area of the country. I'll have to ask him.

Unfortunately I've never visited Puerto Rico -- only the airport SJU once connecting to and from (drum roll please) ARUBA!
i got to visit it as a local since my wife's family lives there. i wasnt too thrilled. you have armed security cards at strip malls. the extra security doesnt really make you feel safer, it makes you feel that you are in a place that needs extra security. last time my wife went there was for her grandma's funeral, i babysat my daughter with me here. im glad the familia is moving out of there.

i have had some good vacations there growing up, but really its not a cheap place so there really are better options for a tropical place. one of which is aruba of course but there are many others that beat PR. ive never been to culebra so maybe that would be better than the mainland.

Old 02-27-2013, 12:28 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,869,309 times
Quote:
so what do you suppose is better about an nj beach than an aruba beach? aside from being closer to where you live.
I like the boardwalk and the beaches....is that a.crime? I do not like tropical climates. I prefer the Jersey beaches.....again, my preference, my opinion.

Old 02-27-2013, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
You can sit on the NJ beach without the wind blowing sand at your face hard enough that you feel like you are in front of a sandblaster.
ive been to aruba plenty and i know its a windy place but i really have no memories of issues with sand blowing on me at the beach. not that it doesnt happen, but it must not happen enough to really bother me or anyone ive gone with.

i remember i stayed once at the tierra del sol golf club since a friend's grandparents had a house there. i remember noticing wind on that trip.

Old 02-27-2013, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrsygrl51 View Post
I like the boardwalk and the beaches....is that a.crime? I do not like tropical climates. I prefer the Jersey beaches.....again, my preference, my opinion.
im not really sure if its a crime, ill submit your response to the appropriate authorities and let them figure it out. no need to get nuts and defensive. i figured the boardwalk was going to be a response. "the beaches" is the part of your response that doesnt really mean anything.

Old 02-27-2013, 12:36 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,633,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
thank you.

Old 02-27-2013, 12:38 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,633,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshflakes757 View Post

you've never been to PR and proceeded to tell me I need my head examined that I prefer NJ over PR, where I've been 4 times. You are hilarious.

Old 02-27-2013, 12:40 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,869,309 times
Quote:
im not really sure if its a crime, ill submit your response to the appropriate authorities and let them figure it out. no need to get nuts and defensive. i figured the boardwalk was going to be a response. "the beaches" is the part of your response that doesnt really mean anything.
Ahhh.....there is that Jersey attitude we all know and love. I wasnt getting NUTS sweetie. You want defensive? Keep it up, you will see it.

Old 02-27-2013, 12:52 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,516,157 times
I'm sorry, but when are beaches in general not windy? Anywhere there is a body of water, there will be a wind currents associated with that area.

That's why I fail to understand this claim about Aruba beaches being overly windy compared to NJ? Every time I've been to an NJ beach, there has always been a ton of wind regardless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrsygrl51 View Post
It's not a crime but it just doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I suppose I can understand the cheese ball love for NJ boardwalks. I personally don't approve as they are generally associated with teenage drips, trashy families, excessive fluorescent lighting and noise, poor construction (dare I bring up the devastation to various shore boardwalks because of Sandy), and some locations even have a lot of crime on and around the boardwalks.

Another thing -- what is there not to like about tropical climates? It's pretty awesome to have access to the beach year round. I kind of find NJ shore in the winter to be pretty depressing, like that Asbury Park ballroom scene in "The Wrester."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey