Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 12:10 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,525,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rscalzo View Post
Statute of limitations is 30 days. They can simply mail one is they wanted. Or now knowing the vehicle is unregistered simply wait until they see you again. If uninsured, that will add a mandatory suspension. As the area seems to be a frequent area of enforcement, you probably just starting the clock ticking.
Yeah I'll get on this one. I don't want to mess with this anymore. Thanks for the advice everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2012, 03:20 PM

3,377 posts, read 14,628,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshflakes757 View Post
My plates are expired from another state But I don't think he had the reaction time to do that. It all happened so quickly.

Yeah, been meaning to fix that one.
What will be even funnier is if a Warren Police Officer reads this post, puts 2 and 2 together starts poking his nose around streets that have an address #22 and looks for an out of state plate and bags you for having an unregistered vehicle

Old 08-17-2012, 10:21 PM

1,221 posts, read 2,111,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exhdo1 View Post
What will be even funnier is if a Warren Police Officer reads this post, puts 2 and 2 together starts poking his nose around streets that have an address XX and looks for an out of state plate and bags you for having an unregistered vehicle
Yeah, I'll actually suggest that OP should remove the description, I know exactly where he lives from it.

Old 08-18-2012, 07:19 AM

2,105 posts, read 6,662,922 times
Or just get the car registered. The plate can be run in seconds and more than likely it already has been that night. Out of state reg late at night in a quiet neighborhood. It's no secret. At this point you would only be saving yourself the aggravation of the car being impounded and the summons which might result in a license suspension. really not worth it to wait.

Old 08-18-2012, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exhdo1 View Post
What will be even funnier is if a Warren Police Officer reads this post, puts 2 and 2 together starts poking his nose around streets that have an address #22 and looks for an out of state plate and bags you for having an unregistered vehicle
hah, now that's paranoia.

Old 08-18-2012, 08:06 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,144,871 times
Quote:

Warren Cops are vicious. They give tickets out like candy.
Apparently not if they ignored your expired plates.

Old 08-18-2012, 08:18 AM

5,818 posts, read 12,626,350 times
Whats that address again. I love these forums. Someone that apparently drives daily with expired out of state plates(most likely out of state license, illegal also if they live here for a certain period of time) calling the police vicious after they let them go. He most likely was checking you out because your vehicle was driving suspiciously by pulling into someone elses driveway and quickly backing out and then when you parked and went into your house he assumed you lived there. It's not rocket science.

Old 08-18-2012, 09:43 AM

Yes, I got lucky. I'll admit that. As I said however, there was NOT enough time to run the plates as this event happened in less than 30 seconds. As a sidebar I mentioned how Warren cops are vicious -- based on word of mouth prior experience. Although they are not nearly as bad as Basking Ridge cops. One incident in 2001 my mom got a ticket inside her house for speeding up a road about 5 minutes prior. She called the municipality and got the cop in trouble for doing something like that.

It's amazing how pro municipal cop some NJer's are. Growing up in the 'burbs I always found they had nothing to do but just sit in speed trap areas and hand out tickets. Either that or pull over people for "driving while black." Never had a whole lot of respect for cops in rich NJ towns that sit around making 100K (funding their inflated salaries with tax dollars) in brand new police cars and handing out tickets. Just sayin'.

Old 08-18-2012, 09:52 AM

6,175 posts, read 12,939,084 times
Quote:
Yes, I got lucky. I'll admit that. As I said however, there was NOT enough time to run the plates as this event happened in less than 30 seconds. As a sidebar I mentioned how Warren cops are vicious -- based on word of mouth prior experience. Although they are not nearly as bad as Basking Ridge cops. One incident in 2001 my mom got a ticket inside her house for speeding up a road about 5 minutes prior. She called the municipality and got the cop in trouble for doing something like that.

It's amazing how pro municipal cop some NJer's are. Growing up in the 'burbs I always found they had nothing to do but just sit in speed trap areas and hand out tickets. Either that or pull over people for "driving while black." Never had a whole lot of respect for cops in rich NJ towns that sit around making 100K (funding their inflated salaries with tax dollars) in brand new police cars and handing out tickets. Just sayin'.
I have to admit, I was wondering why someone would come to a forum to complain about cops who had done nothing wrong or in any way harassing, while he got away with a clear violation. Now I understand. You don't like the police in general, and, having no VALID complaint, wanted to get in a bit of cop bashing. Got it. Carry on.

By the way, simply getting home before the police can catch up to you is NOT a valid way out of a ticket, and I doubt very much that any police officer would get in any trouble for delivering a speeding ticket to the speeder at home.

Old 08-18-2012, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
I have to admit, I was wondering why someone would come to a forum to complain about cops who had done nothing wrong or in any way harassing, while he got away with a clear violation. Now I understand. You don't like the police in general, and, having no VALID complaint, wanted to get in a bit of cop bashing. Got it. Carry on.

By the way, simply getting home before the police can catch up to you is NOT a valid way out of a ticket, and I doubt very much that any police officer would get in any trouble for delivering a speeding ticket to the speeder at home.
And how would you know this? Do you study the law in various NJ towns?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey