Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 03:48 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshflakes757 View Post
Andrew Dice Clay. Bar none.

A classy NJ stereotype: Danny Aiello.
Yes, he used to live in Ramsey. His granddaughter was born five minutes before my daughter at Valley Hospital in Ridgewood. Both of us were having C-Sections. I only know this because my sister was sitting in the waiting room with his son's in-laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2012, 04:55 PM

402 posts, read 751,870 times
Joe Pesci.

Old 08-19-2012, 05:05 PM

171 posts, read 416,257 times
Bruce Springsteen? He's certainly written enough songs bitching about how rough it was being a working-class New Jerseyan in the 1970s and 80s.

Old 08-19-2012, 05:45 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,522,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Yes, he used to live in Ramsey. His granddaughter was born five minutes before my daughter at Valley Hospital in Ridgewood. Both of us were having C-Sections. I only know this because my sister was sitting in the waiting room with his son's in-laws.
Met Aiello once at Tutta Pasta in Hoboken. He actually owns that restaurant. Got an autograph from him at the restaurant for my Grandmother who was also eating with us. He's a real nice guy. Loves his track suits!

Old 08-19-2012, 08:21 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkwolf131 View Post
Bruce Springsteen? He's certainly written enough songs bitching about how rough it was being a working-class New Jerseyan in the 1970s and 80s.
LOL. And then there's Jon Bon Jovi. He doesn't live far from where I am, but a very different neighborhood from mine!

Oh, and there was Whitney Houston...she will always love youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Old 08-20-2012, 08:00 AM

3,984 posts, read 7,073,485 times
Jack Nicholson (one of my favorite all-time actors) grew up in Neptune. Not sure where he got that accent from.

Springsteen grew up in Freehold which was solidly middle class. Not sure if writing about the area he grew up in should be called "bitching", but a lot of right-wingers don't like Bruce's politics because he often speaks truth to power. They can't handle it.

Old 08-20-2012, 08:19 AM

2,098 posts, read 3,522,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
Jack Nicholson (one of my favorite all-time actors) grew up in Neptune. Not sure where he got that accent from.

Springsteen grew up in Freehold which was solidly middle class. Not sure if writing about the area he grew up in should be called "bitching", but a lot of right-wingers don't like Bruce's politics because he often speaks truth to power. They can't handle it.
I think Bon Jovi and Bruce Springsteen are regarded are "head in the clouds" liberal. They are both pretty hard to take seriously at least politically.

Old 08-20-2012, 08:22 AM

3,984 posts, read 7,073,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshflakes757 View Post
I think Bon Jovi and Bruce Springsteen are regarded are "head in the clouds" liberal. They are both pretty hard to take seriously at least politically.
Most rock stars have no opinion or don't articulate it so you're comparing them to a small sample size.

OTOH Ted Nugent is batsh*t crazy.

Old 08-20-2012, 08:36 AM

171 posts, read 416,257 times
I wasn't saying that from a political standpoint, just pointing out that most of his music is pretty similar-sounding and it's all centered on this downtrodden, introspective character he's created. "tramps like us, baby we were born to runnnnnn!!!" and "I got debts no honest man can pay so meet me tonight in Atlantic city" and complaining about getting a union card for his birthday at one point or another. And then on The Rising, "My City in Ruins" bitching about how Asbury Park looks crappy.

I know he's liberal, but I never paid much attention to his actual views too closely. My conservative aunt doesn't like him. I know he doesn't like Chris Christie. But yeah, politics aside, I've spent my life subjected to Springsteen music and it seemed like a huge, days-long guitar riff and nostalgic lyrics about how tough he had it.

Old 08-20-2012, 11:37 AM

198 posts, read 276,360 times
It has to be Shaq.

He was born in Newark, NJ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey