U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 08-19-2012, 01:42 PM
 
5 posts, read 4,358 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

After alot of research, We need information on a Middle class neighborhood that is culturally diverse. We are deeply considering MORRIS COUNTY and have looked into, as well for a city to live in-- MORRISTOWN CITY. We are looking for some place where there is main street shopping area, where you can walk and not have to drive. We have a daughter in middle school so we also need info on a great school district in Morristown. As for housing we would be renting first just to get a feel of the neighborhood. our rent budget would be about $1,500.00P/M max.

All information is welcome!!!!
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-19-2012, 09:22 PM
 
Location: NJ & NV
5,327 posts, read 12,362,889 times
Reputation: 2047
Morristown is okay, but you don't need to live there to be in Morris County. There are other towns around. What type of town are you looking for, along with all the other questions?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-20-2012, 06:20 AM
 
140 posts, read 412,163 times
Reputation: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by BklynGirl46 View Post
After alot of research, We need information on a Middle class neighborhood that is culturally diverse. We are deeply considering MORRIS COUNTY and have looked into, as well for a city to live in-- MORRISTOWN CITY. We are looking for some place where there is main street shopping area, where you can walk and not have to drive. We have a daughter in middle school so we also need info on a great school district in Morristown. As for housing we would be renting first just to get a feel of the neighborhood. our rent budget would be about $1,500.00P/M max.

All information is welcome!!!!
Check out Somerville,
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-20-2012, 11:48 AM
 
1,428 posts, read 2,110,158 times
Reputation: 715
Quote:
Originally Posted by BklynGirl46 View Post
After alot of research, We need information on a Middle class neighborhood that is culturally diverse. We are deeply considering MORRIS COUNTY and have looked into, as well for a city to live in-- MORRISTOWN CITY. We are looking for some place where there is main street shopping area, where you can walk and not have to drive. We have a daughter in middle school so we also need info on a great school district in Morristown. As for housing we would be renting first just to get a feel of the neighborhood. our rent budget would be about $1,500.00P/M max.

All information is welcome!!!!
Morristown is awesome. I lived there for over three years in downtown. You can walk to everything and downtown continues to grow and mature. Madison also has a great downtown. I don't think Morristown has that great of schools, however. Madison and Chatham have good public schools...among the tops in the state.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2012, 11:53 PM
 
Location: Mechanicsburg
14 posts, read 32,632 times
Reputation: 15
You might need to rethink your rent budget if you want a private property. You should talk to a realtor or try craigslist. Most rentals in the area are listed by realtor and require the renter to pay one month's commission to the realtor Fyi. This was a surprise to me b/c this was not the case in other places I've lived. Hope that helps
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2012, 08:11 AM
 
Location: NJ
1,495 posts, read 4,441,143 times
Reputation: 951
Just out of curiosity, why are you moving to NJ? job? if so where is it located? I'm the opposite and wish I could relocate to FL.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2012, 09:23 AM
 
5 posts, read 4,358 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiLIFE View Post
Morristown is awesome. I lived there for over three years in downtown. You can walk to everything and downtown continues to grow and mature. Madison also has a great downtown. I don't think Morristown has that great of schools, however. Madison and Chatham have good public schools...among the tops in the state.

Thank you for that great info we will check out those areas as well. And we do want a GREAT school district.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2012, 09:24 AM
 
5 posts, read 4,358 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven1976 View Post
Just out of curiosity, why are you moving to NJ? job? if so where is it located? I'm the opposite and wish I could relocate to FL.
In search of a JOB first. Need a change in life.. FLA to boring...
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2012, 09:25 AM
 
5 posts, read 4,358 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by NovStar View Post
You might need to rethink your rent budget if you want a private property. You should talk to a realtor or try craigslist. Most rentals in the area are listed by realtor and require the renter to pay one month's commission to the realtor Fyi. This was a surprise to me b/c this was not the case in other places I've lived. Hope that helps

Yes it did Thank you
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2012, 10:46 AM
 
1,428 posts, read 2,110,158 times
Reputation: 715
Quote:
Originally Posted by BklynGirl46 View Post
In search of a JOB first. Need a change in life.. FLA to boring...

Chatham has lots of apts that are clean and relatively affordable. Check the web for the apartment listings in Chatham.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top