U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 12:27 PM

2,736 posts, read 9,342,393 times

Advertisements

To add to what Cucullin said, many apt complexes have onsite managers that can take an application and show apts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2007, 11:13 AM

145 posts, read 403,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Hello all I've decided to move to the south Jersey area in May of 2008. Hopefully I will be teaching high school in the area next fall.
Hi looks like we're both Floridians jumping ship...have you already gotten certified to teach? I was trying to find some info on that but I can't locate the salary schedules anywhere? Can you direct me to the right place?

Thanks in advance!

Julie

Old 10-11-2007, 11:56 AM

9,182 posts, read 20,208,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingTheSunshine View Post
Hi looks like we're both Floridians jumping ship...have you already gotten certified to teach? I was trying to find some info on that but I can't locate the salary schedules anywhere? Can you direct me to the right place?

Thanks in advance!

Julie
Try going to the schools main website, usually there is a link for employment.

Old 10-11-2007, 12:17 PM

145 posts, read 403,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Try going to the schools main website, usually there is a link for employment.
I don't really have schools in mind at this point. I was just browsing. Most states have a website that gives general salary information; here it's done by the county but each county is listed in the same place so you can compare them...maybe I need to link up with some teachers here.

Old 10-13-2007, 10:36 AM

1 posts, read 2,174 times
look ing for studio in union city or around union city 1person seniore

Old 10-13-2007, 10:57 AM

2,212 posts, read 6,174,764 times
I live in Somerset/Franklin. Welcome to our school district!

The town has tons of apartment complexes no more than 15 minutes from the high school. In apartment guides the town is known as Somerset. Large 1 bedroom apartments usually go for around $900 a month. Look on apartments.com or rent.com I think.
Reasonable complexes would be - Somerset Mews, Carriage Run, Green Hill Manor, Franklin Greens, Tov Manor, Harrison Towers. Or you could look at Barret in South Brunswick or Hidden Lakes or Colony Oaks in North Brunswick. All of them are really convenient. Most complexes are situated along Route 27 which forms the southern border of Franklin and runs between New Brunswick and Princeton. If you wanted more urban with nightlife, there are a couple of brand new luxury apartment towers going up in New Brunswick. The town is rough around the edges but the center is lively and safe with the State Theatre and a high concentration of some of the best bars and restaurants in New Jersey. It is the seat of Rutgers University so if you are single, it would offer you a good social life. New Brunswick also has a train station with easy access to Manhattan so you could enjoy weekend trips out without having to rely on a car.

The area is much cheaper than areas further north so I wouldn't look there. If your budget is tight you should look more south.

I would ditto the advice someone else offered -that you should look around. A couple of the New Brunswick places offer monthly rents of furnished apartments (used frequently by business travellers as J&J is based there). You could stay there and travel around looking for a place that really suits your needs.

Good Luck.

Old 10-16-2007, 04:35 PM

12,256 posts, read 15,791,470 times
Thanks everyone for the helpful tips...I started browsing through the courier online and I see that a lot of people have mother-in-law apartments or add-ons that they are renting for reasonable rates, so I'm going to keep checking those out and when I get closer to move I think that's where I'll start. I guess soon we'll be neighbors - well not real soon since next summer is 8 months away, but when I think of all the stuff I have to do between now and then 8 months seems like tomorrow

Old 10-16-2007, 05:17 PM

Just make sure it is a legal apartment if you are going that route. There have been a few posts here about illegal apartments

Old 10-17-2007, 06:09 AM

12,256 posts, read 15,791,470 times
Not to be dumb, but an illegal apartment would be what...like a renovated garage or something?

Old 10-17-2007, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Not to be dumb, but an illegal apartment would be what...like a renovated garage or something?
Could be anything. If the house is not zoned to be seperate spaces to rent, it's not legal.

One house was divided into 3 or 4 sections to rent, it was zoned for two, another IIRC was the basement. You would have to do a search here. There was someone with the name of JCparalegal or something along the lines of that, that posted to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or