U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2007, 08:18 PM

47 posts, read 227,838 times

Advertisements

Heading there for the weekend...looking for some good seafood! I'm not talking Joe's Crab Shack/Red Lobster.

What are your some of your favorite places?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2007, 08:33 PM

3,858 posts, read 8,050,291 times
Try the Ugly Mug on Washington Avenue, The Blue Pig Tavern (located in the Congress Hall hotel), or Carney's on Beach Avenue. Make sure you walk around the grounds/inside Congress Hall too. It's one of the oldest hotels in the United States and is a rare example of 19th century class and elegance. Really cool place.

Old 10-05-2007, 06:19 AM

3,314 posts, read 12,255,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetcheekssia View Post
Heading there for the weekend...looking for some good seafood! I'm not talking Joe's Crab Shack/Red Lobster.

What are your some of your favorite places?

Thanks!
When in Cape may we always go to the Lobster House and never had a bad meal. I've heard pro's and con's about the place but can only speak from my own experience. Duffinettis Restaurant in Wildwood is real good as well, I heard that it may be closed, so check first.

Old 10-05-2007, 06:32 AM

12,925 posts, read 24,048,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exhdo1 View Post
When in Cape may we always go to the Lobster House and never had a bad meal. I've heard pro's and con's about the place but can only speak from my own experience. Duffinettis Restaurant in Wildwood is real good as well, I heard that it may be closed, so check first.
I've always had good food & service @the Lobster House and always go there when I'm in Wildwood short drive from there

Did I read a few months ago they had a fire?

Old 10-05-2007, 08:06 AM

27 posts, read 98,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exhdo1 View Post
Not a big fan of the Lobster House - service was slow, average age was about 65+ (not that there's anything wrong with that). However, we always had a good experience at Congress Hall. Excellent food and great service. Ask for a patio table if the weather is nice. Another seafood favorite is Oyster Bay, located across from the ACME supermarket (I believe that is Lafayette Str.). Been there several times, both the food and service were consistent and high quality. Lastly, check out this link: Cape May New Jersey Best Bets! A Guide to Cape May NJ. There is info on everything there is to do in the area.

Old 10-05-2007, 08:41 AM

1,508 posts, read 5,382,823 times
Default My Favs

Washington Inn, Lobster House, Mad Batter and Ugly Mug (lunch-Seafood; crab or shrimp on top of burger w/ melted cheese) When we returned home I ran to the grocery store to duplicate that crab burger !!

Old 10-09-2007, 06:26 PM

47 posts, read 227,838 times
Thanks to all for your suggestions...Lobster House was so good, we ate there twice! Next time we'll try some of the others...Cape May was beautiful and the Wine Festival was a blast
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey