U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 09:05 PM

3,223 posts, read 8,276,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzliteyear View Post
The 609 area code. Let's throw the 609'ers overboard!

Kidding.
that's quite a retarded joke to make
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2009, 06:26 AM

283 posts, read 318,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanu86 View Post
that's quite a retarded joke to make
Come on, it was a joke.

Old 02-04-2009, 07:44 AM

2,027 posts, read 4,020,619 times
I've often thought it would be nice if Southeastern PA (which is largely disdained by the rest of PA) would merge with South Jersey (largely disdained by the rest of NJ) and form a new state. Philadelphia and it's 4 PA suburban counties could merge with everything south of and including Burlington County.

South Jersey would get a marquee city, and PA would get a shoreline!

In all seriousness, though, the combined city-state would have a ton of great suburbs, a fair amount of farmland in Chester County PA, forests from South Jersey/the Pinelands, and a crapload of colleges, universities, and historical sites.

Old 02-05-2009, 12:36 PM

124 posts, read 335,239 times
I think Jersey City should just annex all of hudson county, newark and the surrounding area and lower bergen county! Then Jersey City would be big and maybe get some respect as a cool place!

Old 02-05-2009, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrugglingMusician91 View Post
I think Jersey City should just annex all of hudson county, newark and the surrounding area and lower bergen county! Then Jersey City would be big and maybe get some respect as a cool place!
Yea and build more bridges between them to unite it as a city, i live in newark and it's really a pain in the ass to get to j.c. given how close it is. If this area was more connected it could be 1 large dignified city but it'll require lots of renovations and rebuilding to revive Newark. This would market affordable houses in New Jersey and make homes less expensive in the suburbs which would keep a healthy growing population and economy for the state. but none of this is possible without pounding down on crime, integrating cultures and improving school systems

Old 02-05-2009, 01:42 PM

5,340 posts, read 12,379,907 times
I would break it down by wherever I am is one part and everything around me is the other. LOL

Old 02-06-2009, 12:48 PM

124 posts, read 335,239 times
Quote:
Yea and build more bridges between them to unite it as a city, i live in newark and it's really a pain in the ass to get to j.c. given how close it is. If this area was more connected it could be 1 large dignified city but it'll require lots of renovations and rebuilding to revive Newark. This would market affordable houses in New Jersey and make homes less expensive in the suburbs which would keep a healthy growing population and economy for the state. but none of this is possible without pounding down on crime, integrating cultures and improving school systems

I think that if Newark and Jersey city were combined into one Newark would see more crime prevention efforts just because of the improvements made in Jersey City. Sadly, it really is all in a name. And we would definitley need a to connect the hudson light rail and the newark subway some way. Still wondering why the don't extend MTA lines into New Jersey.

Old 02-06-2009, 01:22 PM

88 posts, read 309,924 times
if we split jersey into north and south.. South jersey would be so BROKE!.. south would depend on A.C/ tourism and farmland.. the north would thrive.. NYC.. Petrolium, Seaports/airports and other transportation.. farms in the west.. its more dense so it would make more off of tax$...

it would be a baad move for "South Jersey... GREAT for North Jersey... SJ can just be an extension of pensylvania lol

Old 02-06-2009, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doncorleyone View Post
if we split jersey into north and south.. South jersey would be so BROKE!.. south would depend on A.C/ tourism and farmland.. the north would thrive.. NYC.. Petrolium, Seaports/airports and other transportation.. farms in the west.. its more dense so it would make more off of tax$...

it would be a baad move for "South Jersey... GREAT for North Jersey... SJ can just be an extension of pensylvania lol
are u kidding? There is more tourism in south jersey than north jersey, who the heck goes to north jersey to unwind?? newark museum, jersey science center or whatever? yea right. and u can't count the giants stadium neither.

Old 02-06-2009, 01:28 PM

88 posts, read 309,924 times
Quote:
609/856 is one half, the rest is the other half.

jeez.. how many area codes do we need?!?!?!?!? greedy ass phone companies.. i remember in the 80's when it was just 201 and 609!!!!! lol i know technology today brings cell phone usage.. but damm... lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or