Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2012, 04:29 PM

5 posts, read 10,545 times

Advertisements

Moving to Eatontown from San Antonio, Tx (originally from NY) for my job at Medtronic. Looking for some good safe apartments close to the train station. My budget is about $1,000 -1,200 a month and I have a paid off car. I was checking out Long Branch and it looks nice. I saw an ad on Craigslist for an apartment complex called prospect terrace at 455 prospect street. Anyone know anything about those apartments or that area? It says it's less than a mile to the train station, is it a good area to walk to the station? I like to go up there and catch a game or see my friends. Also is there any good bars to go out? At least a good sports bar to watch my NY teams? Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2012, 05:46 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkeen View Post
Moving to Eatontown from San Antonio, Tx (originally from NY) for my job at Medtronic. Looking for some good safe apartments close to the train station. My budget is about $1,000 -1,200 a month and I have a paid off car. I was checking out Long Branch and it looks nice. I saw an ad on Craigslist for an apartment complex called prospect terrace at 455 prospect street. Anyone know anything about those apartments or that area? It says it's less than a mile to the train station, is it a good area to walk to the station? I like to go up there and catch a game or see my friends. Also is there any good bars to go out? At least a good sports bar to watch my NY teams? Thanks in advance.
What train station? There is no train station in Eatontown.

Long Branch has some good areas and some bad areas. Besides the newer and very expensive condos at Pier Village, the best part of town to live in is called West End. For no apparent reason, since it's the southern end of LB and west of nothing but the Atlantic Ocean.

I personally like Long Branch a lot. There are bars, don't know if they are "good" or not since I am past that stage, but there's one on Brighton Avenue called The Draft House that looks as if it would fit the bill. There's also another place called The Celtic.

Not familiar with those Prospect Street apartments or that area, but there is a complex on Westwood Avenue, not far from the train station, that looks pretty decent. Also check out the Glen Ellen Apartments on Cedar Avenue. They seem nice and are always offering move-in specials.

Edit: I Googled Medtronic to see where it was--it's on Corbett, off of Industrial Way. I don't see how a train station is possibly going to mean anything to you if that's where you will be working.

Old 08-24-2012, 05:47 PM

1,463 posts, read 4,691,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkeen View Post
There's a few sketchy areas in Long Branch. So you have to be careful. I lived in Long Branch when I went to school at Monmouth, but it felt like you went a few steps in one direction and you were in a bad situation.

If you want to watch teams, I'd recommend Jack's Goal Line Stand in Long Branch. They just re-did their entire place and it looks amazing.

Is there a reason you're so focused on Long Branch? There's also a train station in Red Bank and a lot of younger professionals live there.

If you want to stick around Long Branch, you want to stay CLOSER TO MONMOUTH'S CAMPUS. The closer you are to Monmouth's campus, the better.

Old 08-24-2012, 05:51 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweepTheLeg View Post
There's a few sketchy areas in Long Branch. So you have to be careful. I lived in Long Branch when I went to school at Monmouth, but it felt like you went a few steps in one direction and you were in a bad situation.

If you want to watch teams, I'd recommend Jack's Goal Line Stand in Long Branch. They just re-did their entire place and it looks amazing.

Is there a reason you're so focused on Long Branch? There's also a train station in Red Bank and a lot of younger professionals live there.

If you want to stick around Long Branch, you want to stay CLOSER TO MONMOUTH'S CAMPUS. The closer you are to Monmouth's campus, the better.
Which would be West End.

(MU is actually in W. Long Branch.)

Old 08-26-2012, 11:58 PM

390 posts, read 1,510,451 times
Those Prospect Ave apts are going to be a bit rundown. I agree with others that West End and the North area of Long Branch are better. At your price range you can check into Middlebrook, Continental or Twinbrook apts in Ocean Twp. There are a few complexes in Eatontown to consider. There is paid parking available at each train station so you don't need to be in walking distance.

Old 08-28-2012, 08:35 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,733,278 times
Prospect Ave apts are sort of run down and gross, also its getting into the seedy areas of LB.

Any particular reason you want to live in LB for the occasional train tip as opposed to Eatontown where you will actually be working everyday? If the issue is not wanting to drive home from the train station, just get a cab (they are ALWAYS available at LB) and save the fare by living closer to work.

There are nice apartments in Eatontown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey