Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 09:06 PM

299 posts, read 1,328,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahsmom412 View Post
We moved out of NJ a year ago and yes, like everyone, the financial reasons are a plus but our hearts are in NJ(born and raised) and are seriously trying to decide if we should go back or not.
I'm getting home sick just reading these posts. We'll be moving back in a few years ( I hope). Jersey Devil, here I come
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2007, 01:07 AM

30,907 posts, read 32,832,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappy View Post
I'm getting home sick just reading these posts. We'll be moving back in a few years ( I hope). Jersey Devil, here I come
Where are you moving from, Kappy?

Old 10-07-2007, 05:52 AM

146 posts, read 504,795 times
JerZ - I see you have a trip coming up soon - welcome back.

Kappy - What part of Jersey will you be looking to move to? Welcome home.

Old 10-07-2007, 05:11 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,832,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampy123 View Post
JerZ - I see you have a trip coming up soon - welcome back.

Kappy - What part of Jersey will you be looking to move to? Welcome home.
Thanks, Sampy! This Friday. I can't wait. I've been on the phone and sending e-mails non-stop to get people together on my trip back...my brother, oldest son, a few cousins, some friends...we're gonna have a blast AND I get to see trees.

I too am wondering where Kappy is moving from...or had previously moved to...I'm thinking I'll probably be able to relate. Am also very curious, Kappy, as to how you're managing a move back...I'm taking notes.

Old 10-08-2007, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Where are you moving from, Kappy?
I'm now in Florida - Kissimmee area In about three years I'll be able to say I've been to hell & back. I'm used to the south Jersey area, about 40 minutes from Philly. I understand it has gotten even more expensive the past few years so I don't know how realistic my expectations are. If I didn't miss Jersey so much I probably wouldn't be reading or posting on the board. Thanks all for the Jersey news & opinions - good, bad or indifferent.

Old 10-08-2007, 07:25 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,575,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happysmom View Post
Oops, almost forgot. If I never have to live through another Nor'easter again I will be thrilled. Either it's 4 feet of snow or 4" of rain.
when did we have 4' of snow?

Old 10-08-2007, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
when did we have 4' of snow?
Never did have 4 feet of snow. I think it was 1996 when we had over 2 feet depending where in Jersey you lived. Ah, the good old days - we never got plowed out from that storm; not enough township plows. I lived on a cul de sac and had to shovel our way out to the street Lots of fun

Old 10-08-2007, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Never did have 4 feet of snow. I think it was 1996 when we had over 2 feet depending where in Jersey you lived. Ah, the good old days - we never got plowed out from that storm; not enough township plows. I lived on a cul de sac and had to shovel our way out to the street Lots of fun

that's what i thought. i remember 1996, 2*2 footers, but other than that, not even close. gotta love exaggerations.

Old 10-08-2007, 08:27 PM

Quote:
I'm now in Florida - Kissimmee area In about three years I'll be able to say I've been to hell & back. I'm used to the south Jersey area, about 40 minutes from Philly. I understand it has gotten even more expensive the past few years so I don't know how realistic my expectations are. If I didn't miss Jersey so much I probably wouldn't be reading or posting on the board. Thanks all for the Jersey news & opinions - good, bad or indifferent.
kappy, parts of south jersey are still reasonable. the orlando area up until recently was as or more expensive than south jersey in the area you were. florida's suffering from the whole real estate fiasco right now, but i kinda think if you can afford down there, you can afford south jersey. am i off base?

Old 10-08-2007, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Thanks, Sampy! This Friday. I can't wait. I've been on the phone and sending e-mails non-stop to get people together on my trip back...my brother, oldest son, a few cousins, some friends...we're gonna have a blast AND I get to see trees.

I too am wondering where Kappy is moving from...or had previously moved to...I'm thinking I'll probably be able to relate. Am also very curious, Kappy, as to how you're managing a move back...I'm taking notes.

your excitement is infectious!!! i'm so happy for you - sounds like you're going to have the best time!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey