U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-06-2007, 09:06 PM
 
299 posts, read 1,195,964 times
Reputation: 121

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahsmom412 View Post
We moved out of NJ a year ago and yes, like everyone, the financial reasons are a plus but our hearts are in NJ(born and raised) and are seriously trying to decide if we should go back or not.
I'm getting home sick just reading these posts. We'll be moving back in a few years ( I hope). Jersey Devil, here I come
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-07-2007, 01:07 AM
 
25,503 posts, read 24,235,975 times
Reputation: 23959
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappy View Post
I'm getting home sick just reading these posts. We'll be moving back in a few years ( I hope). Jersey Devil, here I come
Where are you moving from, Kappy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-07-2007, 05:52 AM
 
146 posts, read 449,488 times
Reputation: 46
JerZ - I see you have a trip coming up soon - welcome back.


Kappy - What part of Jersey will you be looking to move to? Welcome home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-07-2007, 05:11 PM
 
25,503 posts, read 24,235,975 times
Reputation: 23959
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampy123 View Post
JerZ - I see you have a trip coming up soon - welcome back.


Kappy - What part of Jersey will you be looking to move to? Welcome home.
Thanks, Sampy! This Friday. I can't wait. I've been on the phone and sending e-mails non-stop to get people together on my trip back...my brother, oldest son, a few cousins, some friends...we're gonna have a blast AND I get to see trees.

I too am wondering where Kappy is moving from...or had previously moved to...I'm thinking I'll probably be able to relate. Am also very curious, Kappy, as to how you're managing a move back...I'm taking notes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2007, 06:15 PM
 
299 posts, read 1,195,964 times
Reputation: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Where are you moving from, Kappy?
I'm now in Florida - Kissimmee area In about three years I'll be able to say I've been to hell & back. I'm used to the south Jersey area, about 40 minutes from Philly. I understand it has gotten even more expensive the past few years so I don't know how realistic my expectations are. If I didn't miss Jersey so much I probably wouldn't be reading or posting on the board. Thanks all for the Jersey news & opinions - good, bad or indifferent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2007, 07:25 PM
 
Location: NJ
12,284 posts, read 30,993,701 times
Reputation: 5190
Quote:
Originally Posted by happysmom View Post
Oops, almost forgot. If I never have to live through another Nor'easter again I will be thrilled. Either it's 4 feet of snow or 4" of rain.
when did we have 4' of snow?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2007, 07:51 PM
 
299 posts, read 1,195,964 times
Reputation: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
when did we have 4' of snow?
Never did have 4 feet of snow. I think it was 1996 when we had over 2 feet depending where in Jersey you lived. Ah, the good old days - we never got plowed out from that storm; not enough township plows. I lived on a cul de sac and had to shovel our way out to the street Lots of fun
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2007, 08:24 PM
 
Location: NJ
12,284 posts, read 30,993,701 times
Reputation: 5190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappy View Post
Never did have 4 feet of snow. I think it was 1996 when we had over 2 feet depending where in Jersey you lived. Ah, the good old days - we never got plowed out from that storm; not enough township plows. I lived on a cul de sac and had to shovel our way out to the street Lots of fun

that's what i thought. i remember 1996, 2*2 footers, but other than that, not even close. gotta love exaggerations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2007, 08:27 PM
 
Location: NJ
12,284 posts, read 30,993,701 times
Reputation: 5190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappy View Post
I'm now in Florida - Kissimmee area In about three years I'll be able to say I've been to hell & back. I'm used to the south Jersey area, about 40 minutes from Philly. I understand it has gotten even more expensive the past few years so I don't know how realistic my expectations are. If I didn't miss Jersey so much I probably wouldn't be reading or posting on the board. Thanks all for the Jersey news & opinions - good, bad or indifferent.
kappy, parts of south jersey are still reasonable. the orlando area up until recently was as or more expensive than south jersey in the area you were. florida's suffering from the whole real estate fiasco right now, but i kinda think if you can afford down there, you can afford south jersey. am i off base?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2007, 08:28 PM
 
Location: NJ
12,284 posts, read 30,993,701 times
Reputation: 5190
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Thanks, Sampy! This Friday. I can't wait. I've been on the phone and sending e-mails non-stop to get people together on my trip back...my brother, oldest son, a few cousins, some friends...we're gonna have a blast AND I get to see trees.

I too am wondering where Kappy is moving from...or had previously moved to...I'm thinking I'll probably be able to relate. Am also very curious, Kappy, as to how you're managing a move back...I'm taking notes.

your excitement is infectious!!! i'm so happy for you - sounds like you're going to have the best time!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top