U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 10:13 PM

299 posts, read 1,196,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
kappy, parts of south jersey are still reasonable. the orlando area up until recently was as or more expensive than south jersey in the area you were. florida's suffering from the whole real estate fiasco right now, but i kinda think if you can afford down there, you can afford south jersey. am i off base?
It was pretty much of an even swap for us but real estate has taken more of a dive in my area which ( a bit south of Kissimmee). Over building is the main problem - new home communities are advertising either a new car give away or 30,000 in upgrades. I am hoping to go back to Turnersville, Washington Township (shhhhhhhh don't tell anyone - I don't want the competition) but that's the unrealistic part of my plan. I may have to think a bit further south maybe look for a nice shack anything to get back to Jersey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2007, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Thanks, Sampy! This Friday. I can't wait. I've been on the phone and sending e-mails non-stop to get people together on my trip back...my brother, oldest son, a few cousins, some friends...we're gonna have a blast AND I get to see trees.

I too am wondering where Kappy is moving from...or had previously moved to...I'm thinking I'll probably be able to relate. Am also very curious, Kappy, as to how you're managing a move back...I'm taking notes.
JerZ - You lucky dog Where are you from & what part of Jersey are you going back to visit? I can relate to TREES - you know those things that actually give shade - hardly remember them. Have a blast & when you get back post the fun you had.

Old 10-08-2007, 11:53 PM

25,533 posts, read 24,254,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappy View Post
JerZ - You lucky dog Where are you from & what part of Jersey are you going back to visit? I can relate to TREES - you know those things that actually give shade - hardly remember them. Have a blast & when you get back post the fun you had.
Hey again, Kappy! I live in southern California now. It's a long story so I won't bore you with it. I'll be visiting Bergen County. I can't wait. Four more days!!! I'm even looking forward to the plane trip. Isn't that sick? So, do you ever get back to the east coast at all? I mean for visits? My last "visit" home was for a funeral. This one is for a much happier occasion.

I hope you get to move back very soon! I'd swap with you...you can have my vacation, and I'll take your surety of moving back within three years.

Old 10-09-2007, 05:19 AM

47 posts, read 139,803 times
Kappy and JerZ....I am visiting next week. My kids are on fall break so we are heading east for the week. Not looking forward to the 11 hour drive but I AM looking forward to some good food and seeing family!!! Have a good time with your visit!

Old 10-09-2007, 05:46 AM

9,124 posts, read 32,155,216 times
Quote:
Hey again, Kappy! So, do you ever get back to the east coast at all?
Ummm.....Florida is on the East Coast, Jerz- not a part anyone likes to talk about, but still a part. Have you forgotten your geography since moving out to the land of fruits and nuts???? lol

Bob

Old 10-09-2007, 06:05 AM

204 posts, read 698,082 times
We moved a little over 2 years ago-to Minnesota (no cold jokes pls!). Financially a great move-we are retired and have more spendable cash than ever. No mortgage, debt,etc.

Believe it or not we have a deli that carries Taylor Pork Roll, Italian bread from NJ, Boars Head, great pasta, cheeses-so foodwise I'm okay.

Miss the kids and grandkids tho but we make a yearly trip back and they come out and really enjoy our many lakes in town and bearable traffic and laid back lifestyle. We are a block from a huge lake and great beach.

Weather? Well being retired affords us the luxury of not going out if it's bad but seriously we have not had it bad-no humidity makes a difference-haven't worn a coat in 2 winters.

Old 10-09-2007, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahsmom412 View Post
Kappy and JerZ....I am visiting next week. My kids are on fall break so we are heading east for the week. Not looking forward to the 11 hour drive but I AM looking forward to some good food and seeing family!!! Have a good time with your visit!
How fun!

Eleven hours of driving, though...eeshhhhhhhh. You're going for the whole week? That should be awesome. Where are you living now? Have a great time!

Last edited by JerZ; 10-09-2007 at 11:22 AM..

Old 10-09-2007, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
Ummm.....Florida is on the East Coast, Jerz- not a part anyone likes to talk about, but still a part. Have you forgotten your geography since moving out to the land of fruits and nuts???? lol

Bob
Um, Bob... I pretty much figured people here would be bright enough to figure out that I meant the northeast and simply made a typo, based on the frequent use of either one phrase or the other here.

I seem to have been wrong, so for anyone who is wondering, obviously I meant the northeast. Hope that helps!

Old 10-09-2007, 01:00 PM

47 posts, read 139,803 times
Quote:
How fun!

Eleven hours of driving, though...eeshhhhhhhh. You're going for the whole week? That should be awesome. Where are you living now? Have a great time!

Yeah, blah to the driving part but once we are there it will be worth it!!! We are in Indiana now. You have a great time too!!!!!

Wendy

Old 10-09-2007, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahsmom412 View Post

11 hours ugh but that beats the 18+ I would have to do. The weather should be perfect - Enjoy!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or