U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 09:43 AM

185 posts, read 527,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
Rapture got it. Definitely Barnicle Bills. Great Burger with the sides.
YES! Of course, everything taste better when your dining waterfront! lol
Not to mention the mess you can make with the peanut shells !
now i feel homesick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2007, 12:17 PM

7 posts, read 23,421 times
I'd have to go with Bogey's in Whippany, NJ. I have lived in NJ for the better part of my life and have eaten ALOT of burgers! Get the Bomber Burger!

Old 10-08-2007, 08:19 AM

72 posts, read 282,787 times
Been to White Diamond and Barnacle Bills. I always heard great things about Bills, but I have to go with Clark White Diamond. My brother and I used to get them for breakfast before driving down the shore.

ahhh the greasy memories.

Old 10-08-2007, 08:44 AM

1,363 posts, read 5,341,204 times
Arthur's Tavern in North Brunswick. I despise the burgers from anyplace with "white" in the title-white rose, white castle....blugh.

Old 10-08-2007, 09:51 AM

132 posts, read 447,970 times
There is actually another White Diamond in Linden that is great also. The grill must have had about a million hamburgers cooked on it so it's "aged" to perfection.

Old 10-13-2007, 05:19 PM

118 posts, read 551,993 times
I used to go to White Rose in Highland Park ALOT back in the early 80's ...those were the days my friend..Can't pull in there after a few drinks at 3 AM now. Have you also been to Greasy Tony's in New Brunswick? The "Trash Can" subs were the best!!!!!

Old 10-13-2007, 05:59 PM

47 posts, read 139,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debaroo View Post
I used to go to White Rose in Highland Park ALOT back in the early 80's ...those were the days my friend..Can't pull in there after a few drinks at 3 AM now. Have you also been to Greasy Tony's in New Brunswick? The "Trash Can" subs were the best!!!!!

That's when we used to go, back in 84, 85....those were the days is right!!!!
Is it gone? Never been to Greasy Tony's.

Old 10-13-2007, 09:09 PM

964 posts, read 2,561,355 times
I consider myself very lucky to have been to most of the places mentioned on this thread. There are a lot of very good burgers there.

It seems like Northern NJ has been overlooked a bit here. No, I am not talking about White Manna in Hackensack. JD's Steak Pit in Fort Lee has burgers, but they are off the menu and I think they are for lunch only or at the bar only for dinner. You wouldn't be going there and ordering them for dinner if you were in the dinning room.

Another place is the Bicycle Club in Englewood, a long time staple in the Northern part of Bergen County. Also, Davey's Locker in Park Ridge. I haven't been there in a few years, but I remember the burgers very well. Not too far in Westwood is the Iron Horse. Not sure if they still do it, but they used to have their burgers "stuffed" with cheese.

White Rose in Highland Park was back in the high school days for me. I have no idea if it's still there. Greasy Tony's was one of those classic spots, also brings me back to my high school days.

I also remember liking the burgers at Stuff Yer Face, but too often I was itching for a "boli" -- the memories, LOL.

Old 10-14-2007, 11:08 AM

467 posts, read 1,323,980 times
Jersey Man, white mana...boy what memories that brings back..It's still there, I presume
they were good, like you said, at 2 a.M. and their chocolate shakes too....It's amazing
that place has lasted so long....They used to have car hops. I guess I'm dating myself
LOL The burgers at Arthurs's in Hoboken are pretty good too.

Old 10-14-2007, 12:28 PM

316 posts, read 800,932 times
White Rose in Highland Park is still there! yup. great burgers!

another nominees:

Arthurs - hoboken, morristown, north brunswick
Fuddruckers

although i still haven't had a better burger IN MY LIFE than boston blackie's in chicago
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or