U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 03:00 PM

33 posts, read 129,281 times

Advertisements

Oh my god White rose!!! freinds of mine use to live right behind it all you do is smell those delicuos burgers and don't for get the french fries in the wax paper bag YUM!!!!!. Greasy Tony's is long gone I use to go to the Corner Tavern back in the 80's and we use there. Not sure if any one remember's Little Teddy's they use to have the best subs along with Tastee's subs on I think Plainfield ave in Edison. I grew up in Highland Park
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2007, 03:05 PM

47 posts, read 139,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coder ccs View Post
Oh my god White rose!!! freinds of mine use to live right behind it all you do is smell those delicuos burgers and don't for get the french fries in the wax paper bag YUM!!!!!. Greasy Tony's is long gone I use to go to the Corner Tavern back in the 80's and we use there. Not sure if any one remember's Little Teddy's they use to have the best subs along with Tastee's subs on I think Plainfield ave in Edison. I grew up in Highland Park

OHHH YUMMY!!!! Tastee's!!!!!! We used to walk there for lunch when I was younger. Oh I miss NJ!!!!! LOL

Wendy

Old 10-14-2007, 03:09 PM

Which sub did you like the best? Mine was tuna with everything

Old 10-14-2007, 03:12 PM

I know this thread was suppose to be the best burger in NJ SORRY

Old 10-14-2007, 08:26 PM

47 posts, read 139,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coder ccs View Post
I know this thread was suppose to be the best burger in NJ SORRY
I am gonna answer anyway I love their tuna subs but I also like their roast beef. MMmmm, now I am hungry LOL!

Wendy

Old 10-15-2007, 12:38 PM

Location: When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic
1,060 posts, read 1,795,773 times
Default Arthur's Tavern - Hands down

Arthur's Tavern in Morris Plains on Speedwell Ave got the best burgers.
We are going usually on Fridays with the boys from the office just before lunch time to beat the crowd, each table got a plate with Pickles and Cabbage (YUMMM) , however french fries are extra.

Old 10-15-2007, 12:49 PM

118 posts, read 552,231 times
White Rose is till there but I haven't had one in over 20 years. Is there a chance that they still are that good? I'll have to check it out and report back!!!!

Old 10-15-2007, 12:56 PM

118 posts, read 552,231 times
Must have seen you at the Corner Tavern, same era!!!!! We knew Teddy from Little Teddy's. Tastee Sub used to be good, now just so-so. None was better than Greasy Tony's at 3 AM!!!

Old 10-15-2007, 02:33 PM
qix

1 posts, read 2,595 times
The Mooseburger at Nip and Tuck in Long Branch. Don't let the name fool you. Its a 8oz patty on a toasted hogie roll topped with tomato slices, hot cherry pepper slices onion, with American cheese.

Old 10-15-2007, 08:26 PM

142 posts, read 487,411 times
I am amazed that I have eaten at most of the restaurants listed above but none have come close to the Jackson Hole in Englewood, NJ. They are not cheap but you get high quality small meat loaf size burger. Maybe equal in size to to 4 double burgers at Wendys. They taste like a high quality steak ground up. The pickles are super fresh with a built-in "snap" .... just like the ones you can purchase at the Meadowlands fleamarket just off Route 3 West. Many varieties of burger are available. As I write this my friend was looking over my shoulder and reminded me that she couldn't finish her burger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or