U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 02:04 PM

118 posts, read 551,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahsmom412 View Post
We are coming for a visit to NJ in 2 DAYS!!! I may just have to get a burger from White Rose or a Tastee sub with all this talk about it.
Although my kids are strongly voting for Rain Forest Cafe LOL!!!
So glad your getting a chance to come back. I will be waiting to hear about your trip here and how glad you were to get back home once you see how it changed here. LOL I think it will take longer than 2 days tho. HAVE FUN
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2007, 05:33 PM

47 posts, read 139,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debaroo View Post
So glad your getting a chance to come back. I will be waiting to hear about your trip here and how glad you were to get back home once you see how it changed here. LOL I think it will take longer than 2 days tho. HAVE FUN
Thanks!! We are coming back in 2 days but staying for 5 or 6. We are actually gonna look at a few houses just to 'see' if we really might want to come back.

Old 10-18-2007, 12:52 AM

6 posts, read 63,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
I never had one but always heard Barnacle Bill's in Rumson was great.
I couldn't agree more! I've been going to that place for ages, and my parents go there every week.

Old 10-18-2007, 08:08 AM

7,962 posts, read 16,769,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newjerseybt View Post
I am amazed that I have eaten at most of the restaurants listed above but none have come close to the Jackson Hole in Englewood, NJ. They are not cheap but you get high quality small meat loaf size burger. Maybe equal in size to to 4 double burgers at Wendys. They taste like a high quality steak ground up. The pickles are super fresh with a built-in "snap" .... just like the ones you can purchase at the Meadowlands fleamarket just off Route 3 West. Many varieties of burger are available. As I write this my friend was looking over my shoulder and reminded me that she couldn't finish her burger.
Good call on the Hole. They actually have about 5 other locations, all in Manhattan. I would also put the White House Sub Shop in Atlantic City's offering against the best of anything NJ has to offer. Anyone who has been to this establishment will swear by the fact it's probably one of the very best restaurants not only in NJ, but the entire country.

Old 10-18-2007, 08:11 AM

2,689 posts, read 2,846,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Good call on the Hole. They actually have about 5 other locations, all in Manhattan. I would also put the White House Sub Shop in Atlantic City's offering against the best of anything NJ has to offer. Anyone who has been to this establishment will swear by the fact it's probably one of the very best restaurants not only in NJ, but the entire country.
let's not get carried away, white house makes a good sub but it more about quantity than about quality there. There are better subs to be found.

Old 10-18-2007, 08:19 AM

Location: Lived Large in Parsippany NJ - Lived Larger in Livingston, NJ -- Now Living Huge in Bethlehem PA
460 posts, read 1,961,019 times
Default Tastee's Subs Rock

Oh yeah Tastee's subs in Edison is my favorite --- my job is about 10mins from the joint and I love me the tuna sub with everything on it....think am taking an early lunch now.

=============

Quote:
Originally Posted by coder ccs View Post
Oh my god White rose!!! freinds of mine use to live right behind it all you do is smell those delicuos burgers and don't for get the french fries in the wax paper bag YUM!!!!!. Greasy Tony's is long gone I use to go to the Corner Tavern back in the 80's and we use there. Not sure if any one remember's Little Teddy's they use to have the best subs along with Tastee's subs on I think Plainfield ave in Edison. I grew up in Highland Park

Old 10-18-2007, 01:44 PM

3,314 posts, read 12,255,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Have you been to M and P Biancamano's in Hoboken? If not you might want to rethink! If your ever in Hoboken give them a try. Between 12th and 11th on Washington. My favorite is very simple. Prosciutto Di Parma and hard provolone (not sliced) on Italian bread with a little sweet peppers, black pepper and a touch of oil and vinegar, obviously you don't need any salt.

Old 10-18-2007, 02:49 PM

51 posts, read 497,055 times
i'm partial to the burger at trap rock in berkeley heights. one of the best i've ever had.

Old 10-19-2007, 11:12 AM

2 posts, read 8,865 times
Sonnys Filling Station in the Burg/Trenton makes a nice thick burger and 1/4 lb or footlong Italian Hot Dogs.

Also Cheeseburger Cheeseburger in Mercer Mall RT 1 in Lawrenceville if you like BIG cheeseburgers. They have a 1/3, 1/2, 3/4 and then a 1.25 POUNDER. If you finish the big one you get your picture put on the wall. All the meat is Black Angus Beef.

Old 01-27-2008, 02:56 PM

1 posts, read 3,301 times
Smile White Diamond Linden Best Burgers

I gotta give White Diamond in Linden on St Georges Ave the vote for best burgers!! This is true diner food! Looks shabby on outside but thats the great suprise after getting your food.
Then a putt to the shore,,perfection
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or