Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 08:53 PM

120 posts, read 131,436 times

Advertisements

Oh, what memories! Had my first apt. in highland park and we were always going to White Rose and Tastee Subs. Great news that White Rose is still there. Being it was so long ago, what street was it on? We had tastee subs awhile back and I think they were just as good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2007, 10:21 PM

1,215 posts, read 3,290,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newjerseybt View Post
I am amazed that I have eaten at most of the restaurants listed above but none have come close to the Jackson Hole in Englewood, NJ. They are not cheap but you get high quality small meat loaf size burger. Maybe equal in size to to 4 double burgers at Wendys. They taste like a high quality steak ground up. The pickles are super fresh with a built-in "snap" .... just like the ones you can purchase at the Meadowlands fleamarket just off Route 3 West. Many varieties of burger are available. As I write this my friend was looking over my shoulder and reminded me that she couldn't finish her burger.
Yes, your right, I forgot about JH -- a good burger. Had one last week, LOL. For my tastes, I enjoy a few of the others I mentioned more, but like I've always said, chocolate and vanilla, no right and wrong on tastes. Don't get me wrong, I certainly wouldn't turn down a burger from JH. It's better than most.

Old 10-16-2007, 05:40 AM

33 posts, read 137,973 times
Default white rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecup View Post
Oh, what memories! Had my first apt. in highland park and we were always going to White Rose and Tastee Subs. Great news that White Rose is still there. Being it was so long ago, what street was it on? We had tastee subs awhile back and I think they were just as good.

It is located on Woodbridge and corner of Karsey st. friends of mine lived right next to it.

Old 10-16-2007, 06:54 AM

47 posts, read 156,709 times
We are coming for a visit to NJ in 2 DAYS!!! I may just have to get a burger from White Rose or a Tastee sub with all this talk about it.
Although my kids are strongly voting for Rain Forest Cafe LOL!!!

Old 10-16-2007, 09:06 AM

33 posts, read 137,973 times
Hey while your here try the Cheese cake factory

Old 10-16-2007, 10:31 AM

120 posts, read 131,436 times
Default Thanks Coder

Can't wait to go back to the old stomping grounds.

Old 10-16-2007, 10:34 AM

47 posts, read 156,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coder ccs View Post
Hey while your here try the Cheese cake factory

We have a Cheesecake factory here in Indiana.

Old 10-16-2007, 12:21 PM

7,055 posts, read 19,307,243 times
Ahhh White Rose System in Highland Park. The BEST drunk food there is. Mmmm, a Cali burger and fries at 3AM? It doesn't get any better. I also used to stop there on weekend mornings before heading out to the shore to get a porkroll egg and cheese. Talk about starting your day off right! LOL It was open 6 months ago, the last time I was in HP. I'm due for a trip back!

I'm a big pub burger fan, so I'm enjoying seeing some of those venues mentioned and look forward to seeing more suggestions. I've been to a few good places but haven't had anything that stands out as spectacular in awhile.

Old 10-16-2007, 02:00 PM

118 posts, read 623,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecup View Post
I had an apartment in Highland Park on Crowell's Rd by So. 11th, back in 1980..Everything in NJ looked better then didn't it...so did I ...LOL LOL

Old 10-16-2007, 02:02 PM

118 posts, read 623,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lammius View Post
Ahhh White Rose System in Highland Park. The BEST drunk food there is. Mmmm, a Cali burger and fries at 3AM? It doesn't get any better. I also used to stop there on weekend mornings before heading out to the shore to get a porkroll egg and cheese. Talk about starting your day off right! LOL It was open 6 months ago, the last time I was in HP. I'm due for a trip back!

I'm a big pub burger fan, so I'm enjoying seeing some of those venues mentioned and look forward to seeing more suggestions. I've been to a few good places but haven't had anything that stands out as spectacular in awhile.
LMAO So true..I LOVE pub burgers too. Real good ones at Tiger's Tale(also the prime rib) on Rt. 206/Rt. 518 intersection, Montgomery(borderline Princeton)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey