U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-06-2007, 07:19 AM
 
Location: Rochester, NY
13 posts, read 26,747 times
Reputation: 12

Advertisements

My wife and I will be relocating next spring to NJ (from Rochester, NY - hello cost of living difference).

I will be working in Woodbridge, my wife will be working in Piscataway; we are a young couple looking to start a family. We are looking in the $300k or less area, saw some nice townhomes for $270k.

After doing some browsing, Sayreville looks like a good option with the large number of town homes and condos. The catch is we own a dog and need a dog friendly (and pitbull friendly) association. If not Sayreville, any other suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-06-2007, 07:59 AM
 
9,124 posts, read 32,116,454 times
Reputation: 3519
"Dog friendly" should be easy- most associations have no restrictions on dogs. "Pit bull friendly" may be a different story, though....

Bob
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-06-2007, 08:18 AM
 
687 posts, read 2,912,429 times
Reputation: 142
Check out La Mer, Main Street, and Colony Club in Sayreville. IMO, Colony Club is the best of the three. Each of those places will have options in your range. And dogs won't be a problem. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-07-2007, 05:14 AM
 
Location: Rahway N.J
2,093 posts, read 4,872,731 times
Reputation: 3353
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwinroc View Post
My wife and I will be relocating next spring to NJ (from Rochester, NY - hello cost of living difference).

I will be working in Woodbridge, my wife will be working in Piscataway; we are a young couple looking to start a family. We are looking in the $300k or less area, saw some nice townhomes for $270k.

After doing some browsing, Sayreville looks like a good option with the large number of town homes and condos. The catch is we own a dog and need a dog friendly (and pitbull friendly) association. If not Sayreville, any other suggestions?
Just a thought
But in today's market why limit your searchs just to a townhouse or condo ?
You could find a nice little house for the same money

If not in woodbridge ,maybe in one of the surrounding area's
I came across a guy on here that was selling his home in south amboy
(no i am not his agent) If i can find it again i will send it to you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-07-2007, 07:03 PM
 
Location: Rochester, NY
13 posts, read 26,747 times
Reputation: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianG View Post
Just a thought
But in today's market why limit your searchs just to a townhouse or condo ?
You could find a nice little house for the same money

If not in woodbridge ,maybe in one of the surrounding area's
I came across a guy on here that was selling his home in south amboy
(no i am not his agent) If i can find it again i will send it to you
I am not completely tied to getting a townhome/condo. In general though, from my limited searching so far, it seems that I can chose from a smaller, older ranch style house or a newer, updated Townhome/condo. But when I actually start stepping up my search I will better be able to sort out what we want and what we can afford.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2007, 02:43 AM
 
Location: Rahway N.J
2,093 posts, read 4,872,731 times
Reputation: 3353
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwinroc View Post
I am not completely tied to getting a townhome/condo. In general though, from my limited searching so far, it seems that I can chose from a smaller, older ranch style house or a newer, updated Townhome/condo. But when I actually start stepping up my search I will better be able to sort out what we want and what we can afford.
If you decide to go with the newer condos/townhouses
make sure you do a little research on the Builder to make sure he does not have a lot of complaints about his product
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2007, 06:07 AM
 
Location: NJ for now
1,225 posts, read 2,543,927 times
Reputation: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianG View Post
Just a thought
But in today's market why limit your searchs just to a townhouse or condo ?
You could find a nice little house for the same money

If not in woodbridge ,maybe in one of the surrounding area's
I came across a guy on here that was selling his home in south amboy
(no i am not his agent) If i can find it again i will send it to you
Hey there Im the guy that has the house up for sale in South Amboy. I'll DM you the info. And Brian is not my agent. I am my own agent...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top