Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2012, 09:39 PM

160 posts, read 198,202 times

Advertisements

Where are you coming from? NYC
Why are you moving? Can't afford rents anymore., and am getting crowd overload.
Where will you be working? From home for now; possibly NYC later.
If NYC, what part of NYC? Probably Manhattan; no clearer idea.

Will you buy or rent? Rent
What is your budget ? Need to keep it to not much more than $1000/mo. But am very willing to consider roommates/shares.
What kind of place are you looking for? Either a one-bedroom (studios give me massive claustrophobia) or a share in a larger apartment or house.

Will anyone (spouse, children, pets) be moving with you ? No.
Do you need/want good public schools? No.

Briefly describe the kind of neighborhood you'd like to live in
(examples: families with young children, young, mature, artsy, diverse, safe, close-knit, block parties, etc):

Probably the single most informative thing I can say there, is that I absolutely and completely love Maplewood. (Apartments.com lists no apartments there at all, though.)

List three things that are important to you in order of importance.(examples: nightlife, outdoor activities, rural/urban, safety, downtown area, charming, new construction, proximity to XYZ, family oriented, easy parking, short commute, etc).

can afford rent
safety
public-transportation commute of no more than an hour to NYC

(Fourth important thing -- I'd like to be not too far from Maplewood. The only people I will know in NJ live there; and, working from home, I am prone to "isolation insanity" if I let myself live somewhere I can't go over to friends' places occasionally and hang out.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey