Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 11:11 PM

3,085 posts, read 7,246,109 times

Advertisements

Wow, I feel stupid. When did this open? I've been going to the ones in New York all this time.

Anyone visit it? how is it?

I'll be going there soon.

That whole Main Street area doesnt seem like theres any life in W.O. so I didnt expect there to be any new stores there. But I guess deep in W.O. theres some good quality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2009, 06:38 AM

587 posts, read 2,177,912 times
its been there for about 2 years. there is newer one on springfield ave in union vaxhaul area

Old 07-31-2009, 06:48 AM

2,791 posts, read 10,805,155 times
It's on Prospect and Eagle Rock, near Pal's Cabin. There's a smaller one in Montclair.

Old 07-31-2009, 09:48 AM

55 posts, read 288,524 times
we love the whole foods in west orange...in fact, we tend to do most of our shopping there (we are selective about what we buy and tend to buy on sale). the shoprite in town is too much of a zoo. the newer one is vauxhall is nice too.

Old 07-31-2009, 09:49 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,514,252 times
I hear its a great whole food, always has the inventory~~~

Old 07-31-2009, 11:10 AM

3,085 posts, read 7,246,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doerayme View Post
we love the whole foods in west orange...in fact, we tend to do most of our shopping there (we are selective about what we buy and tend to buy on sale). the shoprite in town is too much of a zoo. the newer one is vauxhall is nice too.

Last time I was at a Whole Foods store in Manhattan I saw Orange Juice for 7 dollars. A lot of the items were expensive. So i'm not sure which sale you mean.

And yeah, I used to go to the Shoprite at Essex Green. What was wrong with it? What do you mean a zoo?

Old 07-31-2009, 11:53 AM

2,160 posts, read 4,963,074 times
Haha--the Shoprite in Livingston is a zoo too...even worse than the one in Essex Green. I live in Livingston, and I've chosen to go to the Essex Green Shoprite over the one in my own town...that's how zoorific ours is. Plus, at least you're not risking totalling your car going in & out of the parking lot at Essex Green.

Most of the time, I just go to the Pathmark in my town, though, because I just don't have the emotional fortitude to deal with the zoo. I think Shoprite is always zoo-y because the aisles are narrower...not only are there more aisles, but the aisles have more stuff. This, of course, means there is a much wider (and better) selection at Shoprite than at Pathmark. That's just my personal opinion. I'm not even 100% about my aisle theory...it just seems that way to me.

I LOOOVE Whole Foods but right now I have to stick to buying red tag, generic and super saver advantage card items at Pathmark. But don't worry, Whole Foods. When I find a job, I'll be back in your fancy hippy digs buying delicious pricey treats.

Old 07-31-2009, 12:18 PM

2,771 posts, read 6,273,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
Wow, I feel stupid. When did this open? I've been going to the ones in New York all this time.

Anyone visit it? how is it?

I'll be going there soon.

That whole Main Street area doesnt seem like theres any life in W.O. so I didnt expect there to be any new stores there. But I guess deep in W.O. theres some good quality.
Also one in Montclair, but I think the W.O. one is bigger.

Old 07-31-2009, 12:58 PM

55 posts, read 288,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
Last time I was at a Whole Foods store in Manhattan I saw Orange Juice for 7 dollars. A lot of the items were expensive. So i'm not sure which sale you mean.

And yeah, I used to go to the Shoprite at Essex Green. What was wrong with it? What do you mean a zoo?

Moving to WO from NYC, we too had the idea that Whole Foods was too expensive for our blood but over time we found that we could find basic food items that were comparable in price to Shoprite - bread, milk, eggs, etc. especially if we bought their brand. We still go to Shoprite at least once a month but to stock up on certain sale items. We buy most of our produce at a fruit/veg place in Orange though.

Shoprite is just always too packed, and as someone mentioned below, the aisles are too small for the number of people that frequent it. I always feel so overwhelmed in that store.

Old 07-31-2009, 04:36 PM

366 posts, read 1,212,524 times
By zoo Id say there are a bunch of monkeys in there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey