U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2007, 01:40 PM

3,269 posts, read 8,721,264 times

Advertisements

Nice pics, thanks for sharing. Love the star on the roof!
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2007, 10:24 PM

15 posts, read 77,229 times
Default Glad to see everyone is enjoying the pics...

Glad to see everyone is enjoying the pics of the house. Please remeber that this was from last year... This years display will be somewhat if not completely different... We always try to keep it fresh and entertaining. I went ahead and bought a second music/light synchronizer today so I can now have the front bushes and 3 big trees "dancing to the music" just like the roof will be. Out of 75,000 lights, about 15,000 will be synchronized to Christmas music. I'm passing out room darkening curtains to the neighbors pretty soon... As soon as I get the lights finished, tested, and running at 100% - I will be posting the 2007 display on:
Tacky Christmas Lights | Holiday Decorations | Tacky Light Tour and hopefully this web site as well. Remember to cast your vote every 24 hours for the house in the "Griswold Award" section. Its something I have been shooting for ever since I found the site a couple of months ago. We enjoy doing the lights and display so much each year, its just a blast to watch everyone and how the kids react to seeing everything. Well, till next time...

Old 10-21-2007, 01:38 PM

Default One more month till the lights go on...

One more month till we turn on the lights.... We turn them on Thanksgiving night and they will go on every night thereafter from 5pm till 10pm. They stay on later, on weekends as Christmas approaches. Well the roof is done, the big trees are done, and the weather is still soooo hot out. Takes the fun out of doing christmas lights when its 80 degrees out. Now onto the sides of the house, the windows, fences, and then the day after the Halloween deco comes down; we start on the yard deco. Thats when it all comes together...
Its a blast now turning on the lights each night to see what was accomplished that day and watch the cars go by, stop and try to catch a sneak peak.... Again, if your interested in seeing the house check out Tacky Christmas Lights | Holiday Decorations | Tacky Light Tour.... Its a site that I found a couple of months ago. It has alot of houses across the country, locations, pictures, videos, and all kinds of fun Christmas stuff about decorating the house for Christmas. When you get onto the site, sign up and then if you would like to; please vote for my house for the "Griswold Award". Its just one of those things that we enjoy when decorating a house in this fashion. Everyone always asks why... Simple answer is - we just love to do it for everyone to enjoy. But to win the "Griswold Award" would be so cool.... So thanks for enjoying the thread so far and thanks for your votes... More pics to come and more lights to put up... Till the next time...

Old 10-27-2007, 04:24 PM

685 posts, read 82,708 times
Awesome decorations! All in good spirits

Old 10-27-2007, 05:08 PM

16 posts, read 78,043 times
Awesome display..It's nice to see people get into the spirit of things..I sent you a DM..Check your mail...

Old 11-01-2007, 09:32 PM

Well Halloween is now officially over and its full speed ahead to get the lights and displays finished before Thanksgiving. With some nice weather (and I mean a lil chill in the air - not 80 degrees), the yard should start to take shape within the week or so. So may new things to put up this year compared to last year. Three new inflatables, a mini tree garden that will be synchronized to match the flow of the roof, ohhh and more to come.... 21 days and counting..... 5pm on Thanksgiving day.... Some of you might catch a sneak peak every now and again as I am testing what I put up each day... And please don't forget to vote on Tacky Christmas Lights | Holiday Decorations | Tacky Light Tour under the Griswold Award. I heard that I am starting to receive a few votes from a brother of someone I work with and his fellow service men in Iraq. They got wind of the website and started checking it out on the web.Isn't that cool... Thanks guys and stay safe!!

Till next time...

Old 11-06-2007, 09:14 AM

The yard is starting to take shape with a few inflatables up... Always start with the cartoon chartacters because the kids can spot them from 10 miles away.... I started to line the property line with lighted candy canes (new from last year) and I also finished a 21 mini-bush garden where they will be synchronized to the music along with the roof. It was a beautiful weekend as far as weather went, nice chill in the air - not 80 degrees. So many people came up to me over the weekend while I was outside and commented about the house over the last couple of years, and all I could say was "wait till the lights go on in a couple of weeks".... Well, off to work I go....

Old 11-13-2007, 10:27 PM

Well all is going well so far (knock on wood). Tested 50,000 lights and 10 inflatables yesterday and WOW!! Have another 25,000 to plug in, a few more inflatables, and then the finishing touches on yard lights, animals, and all that fun stuff you add at the last minute to finish it off. It will be ready by Thanksgiving night for the first "official" show. I had so many cars stopping last night, it was crazy. We are working on finalizing a charity deal for any donations we receive this year to be passed on to a couple of local charities; isn't that what Christmas is all about? Well till the next time...

Old 11-14-2007, 03:49 AM

522 posts, read 1,455,941 times
Looking forward to the final display! Great idea about the charity box.

Old 11-20-2007, 10:41 PM

Well only one more day left till the big show on Thanksgiving night.... I had alllll of the lights on the other night and it was definitley a sight to see. The yard is about 90% done with only a few animated figures/animals left to put up. The rain and weather has been so tough to work with. Sooo many cars were stopping to watch the light show that it felt like December already. I bought a few more things to go up in the yard, so hopefully on Wed and Thurs the weather will cooperate. I am hoping to get the pictures done on Wed or Thurs night and they will be posted that night on Tacky Christmas Lights | Holiday Decorations | Tacky Light Tour for all to see... I got permission again this year to also decorate my neighbors yard with a few inflatables and lights so as you'll see, the light show stretches into a couple of yards now. If you happen to see me out in the yard on any night, please stop by and say hello... Till the next time............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or