U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 08:12 PM

15 posts, read 77,229 times

Advertisements

Just wanted to pass on to everyone that we just finalized the deal with the Evesham Twp (Marlton, NJ) Fire and Rescue to collect donations that will go to buying much needed food and toys for the needy familys in the Marlton, NJ area. If you stop by, please donate what you can for this great charity... All monies collected will go directly to the squad. Christmas is the time for giving, whether it small or large..... And to all a joyous Christmas and holiday season... The lights will be going on bright on Thanksgiving Day!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2007, 07:13 PM

522 posts, read 1,455,775 times
Has anyone checked out Father CHristmas's display?

Old 12-02-2007, 01:37 PM

2 posts, read 39,426 times
I'd love to come by... but I can't seem to find Marlton on that site you suggested. Keeps showing me Virginia! LOL! Anyone know a site that lists great lighting displays in the South Jersey area? Thanks! Lisa

Old 12-04-2007, 10:42 PM

Check out the following sites:
PlanetChristmas! Go to the 2007 Showing off section, we are #19...
Christmasdisplays.net - The Original Christmas Lighting Directory Go to the "new jersey" section, you'll see 3 entries.
Tacky Christmas Lights | Crazy Holiday Decorations | Tacky Light Tour Search under zip code 08053 or New Jersey; Marlton, NJ
CBS3.com - Philadelphia's Source For Breaking News, Weather, Traffic and Sports Go under their "Holiday Lights", we were featured on Channel 3 in Philadelphia, PA on Friday 11/30/07, we have a couple of videos on their site.

Thanks for all your interest and support... The donations are doing better each day...

Old 12-05-2007, 05:17 AM

22,693 posts, read 21,741,083 times
Are you the folks that I saw on the news the other day? I caught the end of the piece and was waiting to find out your location, but they didn't repeat the information. I suppose that I could have just left the house after dark and driven toward the light.

Old 12-05-2007, 04:51 PM

I forgot to mention about the Holiday Light decorating contest that is now going on in the Courier Post newspaper in South Jersey... Even though the contest voting does not start until Dec 17th, there are pictures of houses now appearing on the site. Go to: CourierPostOnline :: South Jersey's Web Site then look for the holiday snowman called "Winter Wonderland". Once you click on that, it will bring you to the pictures and official rules. We put our house on Dec 1, 07. Click on the official rules as they are a lil bit confusing as far as dates and times go. We would appreciate any voting that anyone can do for us... You can vote as many as 10 times per hour once the voting starts. Guess where I will be?? All kidding aside, any votes are greatly appreciated by the two of us.... I just got back in the house after clearing off all of the inflatables with the snow/ice. It was starting to weigh them down, but it is beautiful out there with the snow and all of the lights....

Old 12-10-2007, 10:53 PM

Ohhh if only the rain would end... What happened to all of those great days and nights we had before.... It makes it so tough on the inflatables to be weighted down by water, let alone all of the extention cords on the ground...

Old 12-20-2007, 03:18 PM

Wow... Less then a week to go already until Christmas. We have done pretty well so far with donations and have also received a fully decorated tree to pass on to the charity as well.... I changed the yard around a little bit today just to keep it fresh and even added a few more things, like I didn;t have enough out there already for this year. Starting to get a few ideas for next year but need to talk to a good electrician first. thinking about doing the mini lights down the sides of the house and then synchronizing them to the music as well, (we'll see)... Still have 10 more months though... The contest with the Courier Post turned out to be a joke if you have been following it. I have heard from a few other contestants who are pretty peeved at how it was handled with the voting standards or lack thereof. But thats neither here nor there right now...
In case I do not get a chance to jump on again before Christmas Day, I want to take the time to wish everyone that has been reading this and all the new readers the best of holidays and heres to a "bright" New Year...

Old 01-19-2008, 09:57 PM

It was quite the holiday season for us at our house... We had thousands of people stop by and made alot of new friends. We had a wedding performed on our front lawn with all of the lights going (It was featured on Channel 3 CBS out of Phila, Pa), we even won 3rd place in the Atlantic City Press (we didn't even know it was a contest, we sent them a picture of the house just to show it), and to top it all off - we made it on CNN!!
Wow!! That one blew us away as we got the call on Christmas morning....

Well most of the lights are now down and packed away for the summer. I did say most... We went Christmas shopping today for next year already and have about an additional 6,000 lights ready to go. Our goal next year is about 90,000. But.... more electric is needed before that is going to happen. I think we topped out this year. Well till I start to post next season - I just want to thank everyone for the donations this year as it went great!! We couldn't have asked for a better turnout to see everything. We hope everyone that got a chance to see it, loved it. And as I always say each year --- "Wait till next year!!" Have a great and safe summer!!

Old 12-18-2011, 03:45 PM

1 posts, read 1,422 times
hello, I'd really love to bring my son to see your house. The only problem is, I'm not exactly sure where you guys are. Is your street literally off of rt. 73?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or