U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2009, 01:55 PM

7,962 posts, read 16,769,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
i wanted to try In-and-Out when I was in Arizona last year, but didn't have the time. Honestly, the way it's hyped, I have a feeling I'd be really disappointed. Are they really all that?
The 100 x 100 In-N-Out, just lifted from the New Mexico Forum:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2009, 06:04 PM

119 posts, read 402,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
The 100 x 100 In-N-Out, just lifted from the New Mexico Forum:
Holy shiiiite.. How would anyone be capable of eating that?

Old 05-05-2009, 06:06 PM

119 posts, read 402,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeradoDan View Post

They were going to open a location in Brick Twp. but apparently the planning board squashed it. A nearby senior development complained that it would bring out too many noisy kids in the summer.
I hate that about most places in Ocean County. Seems like the seniors community always try to control and stop positive growth from happening. It's ridiculous.

Old 06-11-2009, 09:39 AM

1 posts, read 3,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lammius View Post
North Jersey people, I heard a rumor that a Sonic will be opening on Rt 17 in the Hasbrouck Heights area.
Confirmed. I saw it. Found this thread while looking for the date it will open. It looks mostly done, so probably a couple of weeks.

Old 06-12-2009, 07:41 PM

8 posts, read 37,633 times
I recently moved from Brick to East Rutherford and yes they are opening a Sonic in Hasbrouck Heights and I too fell upon this thread trying to find the date of their opening! I saw a sign saying they were hiring, and it looks just about complete, it HASSS to open soon, A) because I want it too, lol and B) because it looks like it's ready.

As for Brick and surrounding areas(Toms River, Point Pleasant, etc) yes the Senior communities do control everything and if they say no, then it means no and what ever they are saying no to goes. Unfortunately. The non-seniors in the area hate this but are outnumbered...

However they are building a new Sonic on Rt. 9 in Howell as well so people in that area won't have to drive all the way down to Waretown anymore.. what a pain in the ***** ride that was...

Old 06-12-2009, 10:05 PM

177 posts, read 624,309 times
Yep, I too saw the location in Hasbrouck Heights....almost finished....I cannot wait!

Old 06-12-2009, 10:31 PM

272 posts, read 1,034,471 times
I heard a rumor it was opening this Monday 6/15. There is also a Sonic opening in Totowa on Rt. 46.

Old 06-19-2009, 07:41 AM

272 posts, read 1,034,471 times
Default In Today's Bergen Record

For anyone who cares: The Hasbrouck Heights Sonic opens this Sunday 6/21 at 6:00 am. They also mention the Totowa Sonic opens in July. According to the article they have plans to open 14 Sonic Drive Inn's in Bergen and Ocean Counties.

NorthJersey.com: Sonic Drive-In debuts in North Jersey (http://www.northjersey.com/business/news/Sonic_Drive-In_to_arrive_in_.html - broken link)

Old 06-19-2009, 11:42 AM

228 posts, read 1,007,571 times
I think there is one in Manahawkin as well. Mmmmm Sonic.

Old 06-23-2009, 12:13 AM

500 posts, read 1,221,411 times
Just wondering. When's the best time to go to that crazy jam packed Sonic in Hasbrouck Heights? O.o I think it's a bit insane that they decide to open only one in Bergen County at this time. I'm not surprised by the crowd factor, but really... they could've thought a little into the future. >.< Or, I guess, I should just wait patiently for the other locations in Bergen County to open. *sighs*

I'm also still waiting for when Wawa decides to come back up here. We could use a good convenience store that utterly pawns 7-11 to smitherines.

(Three others in mind: Jack-in-the-Box, I use to have a fascination with that place because of all the commercials I'd see of it in California. But, I doubt they'd spread to the northeast/east coast. Cracker Barrel, nice food and comfy rocking chairs. All of them seem to be in southern Jersey Philly area. Shoney's.... Nah. A southern thing. Keep it there.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or