Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2009, 11:19 AM

53 posts, read 312,471 times

Advertisements

I also passed by the Sonic on Route 17 on Friday night and it looked absolutely packed. I always thought that Sonic looked pretty small as it was being constructed. I am sure that some of the attention is because the Hasbrouck Heights location just opened - not to mention school just let out and teenagers are sure to flock there to try it at least once.

I am not sure if it's the closest to Manhattan, but it is very likely. From the Lincoln Tunnel, this Sonic is probably about 20-25 minutes without traffic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2009, 11:38 AM

1,471 posts, read 3,460,465 times
The HH location is indeed the closest to Manhattan right now. That's part of the problem too. Since this new Sonic is the only one in the area, and there are no others remotely close to this area, people from NYC, Rockland and Westchester Counties, and even Connecticut are joining the northern half of NJ in flocking to this place. The Totowa location opening will help a little, but it's still going to be a zoo at both locations for quite a while based on what I've seen. Too few Sonics and too many people in this area.

Old 06-29-2009, 11:41 AM

9,375 posts, read 20,795,594 times
Maybe this is why competitors such as Burger King have to resort to such provacative advertising:

You don't have to be Frederico Felini to figure out the intent behind this ad.

Old 06-29-2009, 01:39 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,373,791 times
I used to think this thread was so funny (and that you were all a little weird to be excited over Sonic's mediocre food) I guess because I couldn't drive 2 feet without passing a Sonic but then I got a text from a friend in FL telling me that a BoJangles is being built across the street from the supermarket. LOL we've seen those commercials for years but never actually saw a BoJangles - a tiny part of me is wishing I could go home just to see what the food is like.

Old 06-29-2009, 01:45 PM

9,375 posts, read 20,795,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I used to think this thread was so funny (and that you were all a little weird to be excited over Sonic's mediocre food) I guess because I couldn't drive 2 feet without passing a Sonic but then I got a text from a friend in FL telling me that a BoJangles is being built across the street from the supermarket. LOL we've seen those commercials for years but never actually saw a BoJangles - a tiny part of me is wishing I could go home just to see what the food is like.
I ate a BoJangles once in Gulfport Mississippi. Not very appetizing, and that was several years ago, when my palate was more used to digesting such crap.

Old 06-29-2009, 02:51 PM

14 posts, read 47,456 times
thanks for the info. what is it like so far on a Friday early afteroon?
crowded at that time as well?
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhelder View Post
The HH location is indeed the closest to Manhattan right now. That's part of the problem too. Since this new Sonic is the only one in the area, and there are no others remotely close to this area, people from NYC, Rockland and Westchester Counties, and even Connecticut are joining the northern half of NJ in flocking to this place. The Totowa location opening will help a little, but it's still going to be a zoo at both locations for quite a while based on what I've seen. Too few Sonics and too many people in this area.

Old 06-29-2009, 03:03 PM

1,542 posts, read 6,040,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazydavy View Post
is this the closest one to manhattan in NJ?
thanks
yes it is - about 10 miles from midtown (less than 20 minutes without traffic) and about 8 miles from upper manhattan (15 minutes without traffic).

Old 06-30-2009, 08:35 AM

821 posts, read 2,038,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I ate at BoJangles as well not that great I would much rather hit a Popeye's...

Old 06-30-2009, 08:37 AM

821 posts, read 2,038,080 times
SONICS...
well in case if anyone's interested a sonics opened up on RT 46... I saw it yesterday I couldnt believe how long the line was it wrapped around another restruant... they had people standing at the entrance of the highway waving people in their cars to the right direction... My husband said they better be giving away free food for people to be so dumb to wait in such a line for a burger LOL

Old 06-30-2009, 08:51 AM

53 posts, read 312,471 times
JC JC Mom,

I assume you're referring to the Totowa location. I guess that answers whether it's open or not! I do think the craziness will die down, but I am still pretty surprised it is THAT packed. If these two Sonic's keep up the intense business, it would give Sonic incentive to build more in the area.

Also, I am guessing that Sonic's business will be less busy in the winter, as the allure of a drive in type of place is less during the colder months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey