U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 06:54 AM

1,920 posts, read 2,880,463 times

Advertisements

Fat Fat Fat!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2009, 10:34 AM

636 posts, read 1,219,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bababua View Post
Fat Fat Fat!
Really? I thought Sonic was healthy. Thanks for that.

Old 07-15-2009, 12:19 AM

4,334 posts, read 11,929,221 times
They are all over down here in Florida but do not do well. I went once and never went back. Did not like their food at all. While all the other fast foods do well here and are always busy, Sonic is empty.
They may do better up north.

Old 07-15-2009, 12:27 AM

4,334 posts, read 11,929,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
They're definitely good- we had several locations in Las Vegas. Would I drive out of my way for one? Nope, but if it was even close to lunch or dinner time and I was nearby, I'd definitely make the time to stop. On the fast-food rating scale, I'd say you've got a few levels:

Tops: In-n-Out, Fatburger, Del Taco, Arby's, Chick-Fil-A
Middle: JITB, Sonic, Carl's Jr, Hardees
Bottom of the Barrel: McDonalds, Burger King

One you've probably never heard of is Zaxby's, since it's a franchise that started here in GA- it's got to be the best chicken out there. Even better than Chick-Fil-A, which is a lot for me to say, considering I place Chick-Fil-A pretty high up on the fast food totem pole.....
I pass by a Zaxby's here in Florida, never see a car in the place so have never stopped.

Old 07-15-2009, 05:36 AM

Location: When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic
1,060 posts, read 1,795,166 times
Default What's wrong with you people?

NorthJersey.com: BREAKING NEWS: Traffic cop injured at Sonic drive-in

Old 07-15-2009, 09:46 AM

1,538 posts, read 5,129,177 times
HASBROUCK HEIGHTS — A borough police officer directing traffic outside the wildly popular Sonic drive-in was injured last night when he was struck by a car, police said.

The officer, whose name was not immediately released, was in serious condition at Hackensack University Medical Center, police said. They still were interviewing witnesses late tonight, and released few details.

Several teenagers in their cars at the drive-in heard the crash and ran to the scene, on Route 17 north. They saw a Honda Civic with its front end smashed, facing north, and up against an Acura SUV facing south, both vehicle pinned against the center median in the northbound lane.

They said they saw the officer pinned between the two cars. “The officer wasn’t moving … his eyes were closed,” said Ryan Conlon, 17, of Allendale.

that stretch of route 17 in HH has always been very congested due to the combination of traffic lights, cars entering/exiting the numerous retail parking lots, and heavy volume in general. and now to add to all of that, a drive-in eatery with a limited automobile capacity has been built on the narrow strip of land between the highway and the railroad tracks? talk about an awful setup and an accident waiting to happen.

while recognizing that aggressive driving was the most likely cause of this accident, i have to believe that the restaurant's location and setup were factor as well. the eatery was shoehorned into a very tight space, which has made ingress/egress far too complicated and difficult. friends and family have told me that driving past the HH sonic has been a nightmare from day 1. it would've been much better if the restaurant had been built on the south side of route 17 instead, where there's a lot more lateral space - perhaps on the old callahan's lot?

here's hoping that the injured officer comes out of this ok and makes a full recovery.

Last edited by pbergen; 07-15-2009 at 10:08 AM..

Old 07-15-2009, 09:50 AM

2,256 posts, read 5,901,941 times
I hope the cop makes a full recovery....

How is the SONIC there on Rt17? Its going to be a while before I go there because I can't stand the crowd I see there everytime I pass. I remember seeing a cop with its lights on before you get to the entrance.

Old 07-15-2009, 10:05 AM

821 posts, read 1,757,146 times
I went by the on one Rt 46 and it was still jammed packed with a waiting line down the highway its crazy all of that for a burger.. I do want to try the place but not that bad...

Old 07-15-2009, 11:02 AM

8,141 posts, read 12,502,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
I was talking to my son tonight, and he had a talk with the manager of Sonic and they are supposed to be opening a lot more in NJ. I think he said close to 200 in the tri-State Area.

Diane
Is this including NY? We still don't have any.

Old 07-15-2009, 11:07 AM

8,141 posts, read 12,502,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
yES, we have Publix also, but for supermarket subs I prefer Harris Teiter which makes a mean Philly Cheesesteak. On Wednesdays you can get it for $2.49 for a half one.

Diane G
haha I went to a Harris Tweeter in NC- I wasn't impressed, sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or