U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2009, 12:24 PM

15 posts, read 44,412 times

Advertisements

Man I passed by Sonic las night on 46, I thought they were giving away free food it was so packed. They had multiple cops on hand too.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2009, 01:50 PM

1 posts, read 1,663 times
Dnt ha8 on the new chain thats about to blow the other compettitors out the water w/their evryday values....there hasnt been a good slushie around for quite some time now n 2 all the ha8ers pppuulleezzzzeeee! Keep it up then maybe i wouldnt hav to drive so far just to get it! Keep up the good work ppl n bring them chilli cheese tots n multi-fruit slushies to my immediate nyc area.

Old 07-15-2009, 03:49 PM

12,931 posts, read 19,824,518 times
Sonic is all over GA, and it sucks. I went once, and won't return. Fast food is fast food. Nothing upscale about the experience or the ingredients.

Old 07-16-2009, 12:32 AM

272 posts, read 1,035,366 times
We were just in Tennessee this past weekend and ate in a Sonic on Sunday afternoon. Only three cars in the parking lot including us. I told the girl who brought us our food the insanity going on here in North Jersey at our Sonic's and she was in complete disbelief that people would react so ridiculously to the opening of a fast food restaurant. While we enjoy the food we wouldn't go out of our way to eat there. Cracker Barrel or Bob Evans is much better.

Old 07-16-2009, 01:16 PM

4,085 posts, read 7,454,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KewlGuy View Post
We were just in Tennessee this past weekend and ate in a Sonic on Sunday afternoon. Only three cars in the parking lot including us. I told the girl who brought us our food the insanity going on here in North Jersey at our Sonic's and she was in complete disbelief that people would react so ridiculously to the opening of a fast food restaurant. While we enjoy the food we wouldn't go out of our way to eat there. Cracker Barrel or Bob Evans is much better.
Chart House in Weehawken is much better than Cracker Barrel or Bob Evans. So is Ruth's Chris steak house. Peter Luger's in Brooklyn is much better than Cracker Barrel and Bob Evans, also.

Old 07-16-2009, 01:24 PM

53 posts, read 277,262 times
I sense sarcasm, but if not, you can't compare high end restaurants like Ruth's Chris Steakhouse or Peter Luger's to Sonic or Cracker Barrel. Cracker Barrel is very good. I actually don't love their breakfast foods, but I do like some of their dinner stuff. However, it's meant to be similar to traditional southern food, not something they would serve up in a high end place in New York City.

As far as Sonic goes, I agree that it's ridiculous to wait in line for fast food that is no better than other places without a line. I think it's largely the novelty of a drive in, and some items that are not found at other fast food places (like the drinks).

Old 10-22-2009, 07:21 PM

10 posts, read 15,738 times
Last time i had Sonics was in Texas. I'm glad that when i visit my family out there i can get a good route 66 combo.

Old 10-22-2009, 11:59 PM

1,057 posts, read 1,431,356 times
The SONIC in Stafford Twp. off Rt. 72 is now open for business as of last week. Also, I had to go to Howell Twp. for business the other day and noticed there was one open on Rt. 9 South there as well.

Old 10-23-2009, 12:03 AM

6,159 posts, read 10,905,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeradoDan View Post
The SONIC in Stafford Twp. off Rt. 72 is now open for business as of last week. Also, I had to go to Howell Twp. for business the other day and noticed there was one open on Rt. 9 South there as well.
There's been a "SONIC Coming Soon" sign posted on an empty lot on Rt 22 in Green Brook for months now. They still haven't even broken ground on the building though.

Old 10-23-2009, 11:50 AM

228 posts, read 1,008,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeradoDan View Post
Went there on a Tuesday with the g/f and had to wait a few minutes for an empty stall. They actually had a couple of young kids directing traffic in the parking lot. The place was jamming. If the popularity is more than novelty they should be able to turn over a pretty penny.

I imagine they're stealing a good deal of business from the location in Waretown.

I think Sonic has the best fast food burgers around here, followed by Wendy's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or