U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2008, 05:41 PM

415 posts, read 1,744,341 times

Advertisements

Sonic will be opening in Howell, nj. It will be across from the Kmart and the Southard fire station. Just figured some of you here would like to know that
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2008, 06:15 PM

1,043 posts, read 2,325,540 times
On the Record's Second Helpings food blog, an article was posted a few days ago stating that Sonic wants to build a restaurant in Hasbrouck Heights on Rt. 17. How great would that be? I've been waiting years to try a Sonic. We do have a few in South Jersey finally, but that's a long haul for me for a burger.

As for Cracker Barrel, it is absolutely one of my favorite chain restaurants. I so wish they'd build some restaurants in the Bergen/Passaic county area. I guess they go for more rural locales, and there ain't no such beast in Bergen/Passaic. But how 'bout somewhere in Wayne around the Hamburg Turnpike or maybe even in Oakland? Those areas at least have a touch of a rural feel to them! Fat chance, but I can dream!

Old 11-27-2008, 08:31 PM

4,334 posts, read 11,936,465 times
I saw those commercials years ago in Jersey but there were none to be found.....no big deal. The ones down here are always dead....lousy food.

Old 11-29-2008, 02:19 PM

38 posts, read 140,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
It's amazing how devoid of franchised food the northeast is (New Jersey especially) relative to the rest of the country. That said, I am not so sure this is a bad characteristic. I'd rather dine occasionally at a fine restaurant than frequent these places that serve re-processed crap.
you gotta admit though, we have our fair share of diners

Old 03-02-2009, 09:50 PM

1 posts, read 10,857 times
i can't wait for sonic to open up in howell nj this one guy that i am friends with doesn't believe me that there is a sonic in waretown i i am going to take him there one day so always believe your girlfriend!

Old 03-03-2009, 02:17 PM

992 posts, read 3,169,234 times
I finally had a chance to try Sonic.. the friggin food is terrible.

Old 03-03-2009, 02:18 PM

326 posts, read 1,146,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMissSunshine View Post
Has anyone else spent several years tortured by Sonic commercials??

Finally our very first NJ Sonic, opening sometime this month on Route 9 in Waretown ( near Barnaget ).

I had Sonic once in the sticks in PA and looovvveddd it. This is gonna be great to have one near our own shore during the summer!!

And rumor has it there is a 2nd coming too, but the location has not been revealed.
LOL... I'm glad I wasn't the only one tortured by Sonic Commercials. I hated see those commercials when I lived in Jersey. A couple of months ago I moved to FL though. Plenty of them down here.

Old 03-03-2009, 07:47 PM

67 posts, read 188,955 times
I love Sonic, but it really all depends on where you go. I have found the best Sonic restaurants down South, especially KY. I went to the Sonic in Waretown, and it's not quite the same.

That being said, there is a Sonic opening up in Hainesport, NJ (near Mt. Holly) before the end of the year.

Old 04-01-2009, 01:26 PM

1 posts, read 10,564 times
Smile sonic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj chutzpah View Post
they need to open one in bergen county near me

they are opening a sonic on rt 17north in hasbrouck heights!!!!

Old 04-09-2009, 11:01 AM

53 posts, read 277,129 times
You are correct. I just saw the Sonic sign saying they are looking for employees a few days ago. For those of you specifically interested, the sign (and presumably, the location of the future store) is just beyond the Sleepy's on Route 17 N in Hasbrouck Heights.

According to a website I found online (a MySpace page), the Howell and Hasbrouck Heights locations are opening in June 2008. Considering that the Route 17 location has no construction underway, it would have to go up pretty quickly. That said, a Sonic isn't terribly complex to build, so it's certainly possible. It would make sense from a business perspective to open for the summer, when kids are out of school and most likely to patronize the place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or