Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 11:51 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,690,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Tahiti,

Since you know Hudson County, I am sure you've been to White Mana on Tonelle. In and Out Burger, on their best day, couldn't approach this masterpiece. The White Rose system as well, in Highland Park and other locations, these are true Jersey institutions, and are capable of making way better products than In N Out.

I've been to In N Out, a lot. Here is why they are popular and succeed: 1) they train their personnel to be extremely friendly, which is good and 2) every one of them is clean. These two factors can always mask a very mediocre product in the form of taste. In N Out has a great business model, but their product is slightly above mediocre. In fact, their french fries aren't really good at all.

That said, if you want a Jersey burger in a clean location with good service, go to Jackson Hole in Englewood. Their burgers blow the socks off of In N Out.

Actually, while I know exactly where White Manna is and drove by it on a daily basis, I've never eaten there! Now you've got my curiousity piqued!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2008, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billb7581 View Post
If we're going out for Burgers fries and shakes, I'll usually shoot over to Nifty Fifties. That place rules.
2) never heard of it

lol

Old 06-17-2008, 12:43 PM

2,689 posts, read 3,966,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
LOL - out of the 12 chains you mention, I have only been to 4 of them (Arby's, CFA and the 2 obvious). When I traveled for work, we ate much better than chain, since it was on the company dime.

And you're right, I've never heard of Zaxby's (so..my #2 answer from my post above, lol). My kids had Chick Fil A for the first time when we were driving back from Florida (we were someplace in MD) and they loved it. It is pretty darn good, but we don't have one within 40 miles (and it's not THAT good that's I'll spend $10 in gas to get there, lol). I'll remember Zaxby's the next time I'm "down south".
Zaxby's is a southern thing and they're pretty good, In NJ chick fil a can be found in the ocean twp mall and the woodbridge mall and someone said there's one at the monmout mall too, for breakfast you haven't live until you've been to a waffle house

Old 06-17-2008, 12:45 PM

2,689 posts, read 3,966,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
Yeah, I've never really understood the Quizno's thing- their sandwiches suck. And like you said, I've seen several of their stores open and subsequently close a short time thereafter- must be bad franchise support/location selection or something.

We just got a "Jersey Mike's" subshop down here a few miles from my house, and they've got a few other locations around the area. Everyone always says to me "wow- you must feel like you're back home now- you've got Jersey Mike's here". I hate to break it to them but Jersey Mike's is a) way overpriced for the size and quality of sandwich you get, and b) no where near as good as the typical mom-and-pop sub shops scattered all over NJ. My kids were bugging me to stop there last night to pick up dinner, and I think I paid over $21 for two "regular" subs (the size of a "half" in NJ) and two "minis" for the kids. For the same price in a local shop, I could have gotten three "wholes" (which we'll be doing when we're up there later this week )
i don't know if y'all have publix up there in GA but they can make a fairly decent sub

Old 06-17-2008, 12:52 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
LOL I think its so funny that you all are so excited about Sonics. I've been living within walking distance of a Sonics for 3 years and my boyfriend worked at one when he was in college and all I've ever had from there was a cherry-limeade slush thing and it was just okay. I don't want to rain on your excitement though so once its open and you've sampled the goodies tell me whats good so I celebrate with you in spirit

Old 06-17-2008, 01:01 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,382,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
i don't know if y'all have publix up there in GA but they can make a fairly decent sub
We've got Publix- in fact, it's pretty much only Publix or Kroger, unless you want to waste money at Whole Paycheck or Trader Joes. I've never tried their subs, but I do know that their fried chicken is excellent- better than KFC or Popeyes (not that that's really saying much.....).

Old 06-17-2008, 01:03 PM

173 posts, read 818,825 times
We got Five Guys Burgers and Fries now in NJ. (Started in DC, I think.)

I like that place. Too much.

Old 06-17-2008, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
LOL I think its so funny that you all are so excited about Sonics. I've been living within walking distance of a Sonics for 3 years and my boyfriend worked at one when he was in college and all I've ever had from there was a cherry-limeade slush thing and it was just okay. I don't want to rain on your excitement though so once its open and you've sampled the goodies tell me whats good so I celebrate with you in spirit
trust me, i personally am not excited, LOL.

Old 06-17-2008, 01:15 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,382,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravy Boat View Post
We got Five Guys Burgers and Fries now in NJ. (Started in DC, I think.)

I like that place. Too much.
We've got one down here too- I've seen the signs, but haven't tried them yet. I like a good burger, so I'll have to put them on the list of "places to eat while the wife and kids are in NJ for two weeks".....lol

Old 06-17-2008, 01:16 PM

330 posts, read 1,197,726 times
Default Chick-fil-A

Quote:
Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
Zaxby's is a southern thing and they're pretty good, In NJ chick fil a can be found in the ocean twp mall and the woodbridge mall and someone said there's one at the monmout mall too, for breakfast you haven't live until you've been to a waffle house
Also one in Paramus Park Shopping Center.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey