Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 12:35 PM

40 posts, read 140,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by firsttimer123 View Post
go hangout at tierneys on a friday night - plenty of people in their 20s there

Tierney's would be the main option. You also have just jakes, the office and egan and sons. I think the sports bar on park street is still open too. Montclair's nightlife is an interesting mix to say the least. There is plenty of night life around the downtown area. But it mostly revolves around restaurants, a theater and the wellmont. There isn't a whole lot in terms of bar hopping or going to clubs. Which is odd because you a have a large college in town as well as caldwell college right down the street.

I also would have to say try Hoboken or Morristown, those two towns are your best bets. You could also head down bloomfield ave into Caldwell and try either cloverleaf tavern or ringside pub, also o'neils in Verona. Same thing though, not really the barhopping, people meeting environment. My only other suggestion is blarney station in East Rutherford.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2012, 03:32 PM

513 posts, read 1,166,846 times
Volunteer for a political campaign.....lots of fun and great people are involved. Choose your party wisely.

Old 10-08-2012, 06:24 PM

78 posts, read 128,407 times
NYC is a work destination for people from all over the US and more.... so it's full of people who show up not really knowing anyone and wanting to get out and mingle. The social scene would be much better for you there for that reason. There are tons of organized events, happy hours, etc. to check out.

As you get further into NJ, you run into more people who grew up in the area and are still hanging with their high school crowds and not looking as much to make new friends. You'll run into that a lot at the local bars people are mentioning. You can still find some of what you want, but just not nearly as much.

Do what you can around the local area, but be willing to catch a bus or train into the big city to hang out. It might work out better for you and be cool until you decide to move elsewhere and live better for much less money.

Old 11-24-2012, 08:31 PM

1 posts, read 1,483 times
I always found meeting people to be an interesting topic. After all when you go out to the local stores or parks or just standing in front of your house you'll see people, yet people have a hard time meeting people. What ever happened to a smile and saying Hi? I don't know maybe I'm just old fashioned minded, so let's try a more modern approach. Have you ever tried going to a dating site like [url=http://www.nj-dates.com]NJ Dates is where to find singles online, speed dating, web chat.[/url] or seeing if your friend's are involved with anyone that has single friends to set you up? Those are just a few suggestions. I wish you luck and I hope I helped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey