Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 06:31 AM

116 posts, read 238,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
The picture of the 1st black president as a witch doctor with a bone through his nose IS racist. It was shown at Teabagger rallies too.

I'm sure the Spring Lake leaders are nervous that this will affect tourism in the town. Free speech doesn't trump tourism down the shore...
Well you are an idiot then and it shows you are pretty biased since you call the Tea Party by a different name. Racist lol Google the word racism pal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2012, 06:48 AM

19,092 posts, read 25,256,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rscalzo View Post
From a business standpoint the guys an idiot for interjecting politics into his business. He will potentially cut off half of his clients.

On one level, I suppose that we should defend somebody who asserts his constitutional right to freedom of speech.
However, on a deeper level, I have to question the wisdom of doing it in this manner.

What was that old saying?
Something along the lines of...Just because you can do something, that does not mean that you should do it.

In business, it is all about attracting--and retaining--customers.
Nobody in this forum will be able to determine, from afar, the overall effect that this exercise of free speech will have on this guy's business, but I suspect that it will not be a positive one.

In my neck of the woods, there is a business that uses its highway frontage for signs promoting candidates whom I do not favor. Yes, the owner has the absolute right to do this, but...Is it a wise course of action? I believe that I am not the only person who votes with his feet in order to patronize his competitors who don't take a public stand on political issues.

Old 10-12-2012, 05:52 PM

3,984 posts, read 7,066,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUskoolie View Post
Well you are an idiot then and it shows you are pretty biased since you call the Tea Party by a different name. Racist lol Google the word racism pal.

They were called Teabaggers because they wore teabags on their hats. And they held racist signs. I bet this shop owner is a proud Teabagger.

Old 10-12-2012, 11:27 PM

2,734 posts, read 4,143,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ07035 View Post
And when they do, they get attacked as anti-black and worse (see Dash, Stacy)
I guess she's just "clueless"

Old 10-13-2012, 07:15 AM

2,499 posts, read 2,622,891 times
If the man is not racist he is stupid. Most people would think that is a racist act. Spin it any way you want that would be the perception.

Old 10-13-2012, 11:34 AM

3,984 posts, read 7,066,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom1944 View Post
If the man is not racist he is stupid. Most people would think that is a racist act. Spin it any way you want that would be the perception.
Can't you take a joke, white guy? If he had a picture of Mitt with 5 wives drinking a pot of coffee, that would also be...offensive to Mormons. Hmmm, maybe the people who think this store owner is a racist jackass have a point.

Old 10-13-2012, 05:17 PM

1,646 posts, read 2,774,786 times
Real racists are the ones who call others racist. True story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey