Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 03:19 PM

3,984 posts, read 7,073,485 times

Advertisements

This guy brought back the witch doctor picture of Obama from the Tea Party rallies..but that's not racist. Stay classy, Monmouth Co.

The display includes an image of President Barack Obama’s head superimposed on the body of a witch doctor above the word “ObamaCare.” It also contains a hat with the letters “F.Y.B.O.”, an acronym for an explicative phrase against Barack Obama, and an Obama doll wearing a long-sleeve shirt that reads “Hoax.” The sign is on display in the left storefront window of Skuby & Co. Lifestyle Clothing at 1210 Third Ave.

http://www.app.com/article/20121008/...nclick_check=1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2012, 04:13 PM

11,339 posts, read 16,691,416 times
Nothing racist about the display.

People need to stop seeing racism with everything associated with Obama.

Old 10-09-2012, 09:19 PM

1,184 posts, read 4,043,082 times
Really? You're really going to try this?

Get over yourself and your hang up about race. Most intelligent people look at ideas and concepts, not the color of a person's skin.

Old 10-10-2012, 06:18 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUNYYfan View Post
Really? You're really going to try this?

Get over yourself and your hang up about race. Most intelligent people look at ideas and concepts, not the color of a person's skin.
Who's got the hangup? The display was racist, pure and simple.

Old 10-10-2012, 06:40 AM

23,534 posts, read 17,208,400 times
Default "ooh eee ooh ahh ahh, ting tang wadda wadda bing bang

Thought you have to get a FID(firearms id card) and a 'permit to spew' to discharge your racism allegations as a weapon in NJ ?

True followers of Trumpka who charge anyone opposing Obama is a racist.

Embrace the journalists whose emails revealed a conspiracy to charge anyone opposing obama with racism.

How many words are on your list that are claimed to be diagnostic of racism?
Daily updates?

Tired of our shrinking vocabulary as words getting hijacked daily....there should be daily broadcasts from our comrade masters to alert us to word of the day. Maybe lighten up and use the retired duck Groucho Marx used to drop from the ceiling with the 'magic word'.

"ooh eee ooh ahh ahh, ting tang wadda wadda bing bang...I told the Witch docotor I was in love with you...." racist song from the 60s

If you were to send a cookie recipe to a freind that included black walnuts...is that racist?

Old 10-10-2012, 06:43 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Thought you have to get a FID(firearms id card) and a 'permit to spew' to discharge your racism allegations as a weapon in NJ ?

Embrace the journalists whose emails revealed a conspiracy to charge anyone opposing obama with racism.

Daily updates?

Tired of our shrinking vocabulary as words getting hijacked daily....there should be daily broadcasts from our comrade masters to alert us to word of the day. Maybe lighten up and use the retired duck Groucho Marx used to drop from the ceiling with the 'magic word'.

"ooh eee ooh ahh ahh, ting tang wadda wadda bing bang...I told the Witch docotor I was in love with you...." racist song from the 60s

If you were to send a cookie recipe to a freind that included black walnuts...is that racist?
I wish I could understand this post...............

Old 10-10-2012, 07:08 AM

116 posts, read 238,756 times
You are a complete moron if you think that is racist. Every Halloween when there is a election this garbage happens. I remember in Hollywood in 2008 there were Sarah Palin dolls hanging from trees everywhere. I didn't scream that was sexist though because I'm not a doofus.

Old 10-10-2012, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUskoolie View Post
You are a complete moron if you think that is racist. Every Halloween when there is a election this garbage happens. I remember in Hollywood in 2008 there were Sarah Palin dolls hanging from trees everywhere. I didn't scream that was sexist though because I'm not a doofus.
The picture of the 1st black president as a witch doctor with a bone through his nose IS racist. It was shown at Teabagger rallies too.

I'm sure the Spring Lake leaders are nervous that this will affect tourism in the town. Free speech doesn't trump tourism down the shore...

Old 10-10-2012, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post

Daily updates?

Thanks, Kracker. You added nothing to the conversation

Old 10-10-2012, 08:18 AM

289 posts, read 607,991 times
Since Mr Bill Skuby is so opposed of Govt role in health care, I am guessing he is not using Medicare services.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey