Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2012, 12:59 PM

18 posts, read 73,675 times

Advertisements

hi All,
i am a family man with a 17month old kid. we are looking buy our 1st house at society hill/droyers point jersey city
i want to get a general feel for the place.
1. how is the commute going to nyc midtown and downtown. what are all the possible options.
2. how safe is this community
3. i prefer to be in a quite family based community, is this more of a residential place? or a place where college going kids and bunch of bachelors live in shared rooms etc..
4. what is the difference between society hill phase I, II and droyers point? which one should i go for?
5. Pros and cons of living here
6. Anything else you think i should know to help me make my decision.

Last edited by Titan007; 10-15-2012 at 01:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2012, 09:02 PM

3,021 posts, read 5,848,287 times
http://www.state.nj.us/dep/dsr/chrom...nty_phase1.pdf

Re: Society Hill & chromium waste sites.

Old 10-16-2012, 07:26 AM

68 posts, read 226,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan007 View Post
hi All,
i am a family man with a 17month old kid. we are looking buy our 1st house at society hill/droyers point jersey city
i want to get a general feel for the place.
1. how is the commute going to nyc midtown and downtown. what are all the possible options.
2. how safe is this community
3. i prefer to be in a quite family based community, is this more of a residential place? or a place where college going kids and bunch of bachelors live in shared rooms etc..
4. what is the difference between society hill phase I, II and droyers point? which one should i go for?
5. Pros and cons of living here
6. Anything else you think i should know to help me make my decision.
1. drive and park, take bus or take shuttle to jsq
2. very safe as far as jersey city goes
3. i'm most familiar with droyers point, but there are many young families there. it's definitely not a college type community

there is a huge and growing indian population in the community. not saying it's good or bad, but just something to be aware of. what are your plans for schools in 3 years?

Old 10-16-2012, 07:56 AM

18 posts, read 73,675 times
hi turtleroger
currently i rent in newport and pay too much on rent, and want to stop it asap.
buying in society hill is kind of a stop gap thing for me so that i stop bleeding on rent and atleast get some tax break being a home owner. later when the kid is school ready i plan to put this place out to rent, since it would be too soon to sell.

i know schools in jc suck, mcnair is good but i think its only a high school and they do not have elementary/middle school.
i want to get out of here by the time my kid is ready for elementary (which gives me abt 3yrs or so) or worst case put him in pvt school for an year or 2.

Old 10-16-2012, 01:33 PM

3,021 posts, read 5,848,287 times
Time passes quickly. I suggest researching now where you want to settle down during your child's school years.

Check if Society Hill allows owners to rent, some places forbid absentee owners to rent. Don't know what Society Hill's rules (if any) are on the subject. Just saying, don't assume anything.

Old 07-27-2019, 07:21 PM

119 posts, read 139,726 times
What is the difference of Droyers Point and Society Hill? I heard that Droyers Point is the more exclusive section of Society Hill and that the gated community has three pools but the pool located within the Droyers Point section is only used for those that live in the Droyers Point.
Interesting that there is a even more exclusive section of an already exclusive gated community of Society Hill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: