U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2007, 06:56 AM

1 posts, read 2,812 times

Advertisements

Moving to Woodbury New Jersey from Philadelphia--deal not sealed yet--just trying to get some information on the town.

Thanks.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2007, 09:06 AM

42 posts, read 45,047 times
I worked at Woodbury JR/SR high school for 1.5 years and let me tell you half the students are very nice young adults while the other think they are living in a BET video. The new administration has no backbone and won't discipline the students who cause the trouble. The downtown area is ok but mostly you'll see riff raffs and gangsta wannabes if you look close enough. Some parts of the town are beautiful and other parts are down right trashy. Depends on what side of tracks you want to live in. Consider sending your kids to a private school but if you don't have any kids you might want to invest in a shotgun for home defense. It is considered a urban school district so they do get state and federal funding. That's all I can tell you now, you'll have to make up the rest for yourself. I'm glad I got out of that school because it is headed down the tubes.

Old 10-09-2007, 05:51 PM

3 posts, read 21,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilo81 View Post
I worked at Woodbury JR/SR high school for 1.5 years and let me tell you half the students are very nice young adults while the other think they are living in a BET video. The new administration has no backbone and won't discipline the students who cause the trouble. The downtown area is ok but mostly you'll see riff raffs and gangsta wannabes if you look close enough. Some parts of the town are beautiful and other parts are down right trashy. Depends on what side of tracks you want to live in. Consider sending your kids to a private school but if you don't have any kids you might want to invest in a shotgun for home defense. It is considered a urban school district so they do get state and federal funding. That's all I can tell you now, you'll have to make up the rest for yourself. I'm glad I got out of that school because it is headed down the tubes.
Well I could not of said it better
Clarksboro, Mickleton, area much better Swedesboro all go to Kingsway High school Much better school, Both my children graduated from Kingsway no problems. couple miles south of Woodbury.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or