Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 07:50 AM

3,984 posts, read 7,075,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofagunk View Post
My kid's arm is partially falling off, and I learnedit in my high school health class and on the interweb that I do not have to do nothing right away. He was a bit of a surprised because I drank coke and had sex standing up learnedit in my health class (well my friend sent me a note in class) that I couldn't get pregnant that way. I guess they cancelled each other out.

looking for a doctor ok with that. Also looking for an insurance company that is ok with paying for all of the extra visits, but it shouldn't cost me anything
You're right, science is overrated. I heard the man who planned and executed our moon landing only finished the 8th grade and built the rocket in his back yard from the spare parts of a '57 Chevy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2012, 08:02 AM

103 posts, read 395,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
Do you have any friends who recommend their pediatricians? I would get those names, call the office, ask to speak to a nurse (maybe you'll get a doc to call you back) and ask if there is a doc on staff who works with parents who want to space out/delay.

Good luck!

Thank you, I did start by asking friends and came up with some in Ridgewood, Wyckoff, Oradell and Hackensack.

And thank you for whoever mentioned Riverside Pediatrics, they are listed on Dr Sears site as well. Also Dr Baker received many rewards.

Old 10-19-2012, 02:01 PM

5,439 posts, read 16,862,267 times
Bri... The whole child center in Oradell will be very accommodating.

Dr. Howard C. Schlachter, MD, Essex Fells, NJ - Pediatrics is much further away, but he leans more towards anti vaccine unless he feels it is truly necessary.

Old 10-20-2012, 08:14 PM

516 posts, read 1,616,855 times
You can spread out the vaccines, particularly if you have a premature child. However, I would strongly recommend vaccinating your child, if not for his well-being, then for the well-being of the immunocompromised.

You would quickly understand the protection and mitigation from suffering vaccinations offer if you would just be able to see the devastating effects of polio, small pox and other debilitating diseases.

Forget the fringe idiot scientist who makes a case against vaccination. You must look to the preponderance of the research evidence and understand that guidelines are established to protect the public (your newborn child) and there is no conspiracy surrounding such guidelines.

Old 10-20-2012, 09:07 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,210,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
You're right, science is overrated. I heard the man who planned and executed our moon landing only finished the 8th grade and built the rocket in his back yard from the spare parts of a '57 Chevy.
Naa, you're thinking of Robert Goddard. Werner Von Braun used a Benz.

Old 10-21-2012, 08:36 AM

3,984 posts, read 7,075,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Species 8472 View Post
You can spread out the vaccines, particularly if you have a premature child. However, I would strongly recommend vaccinating your child, if not for his well-being, then for the well-being of the immunocompromised.

You would quickly understand the protection and mitigation from suffering vaccinations offer if you would just be able to see the devastating effects of polio, small pox and other debilitating diseases.

Forget the fringe idiot scientist who makes a case against vaccination. You must look to the preponderance of the research evidence and understand that guidelines are established to protect the public (your newborn child) and there is no conspiracy surrounding such guidelines.
Yes, the infamous idiot British researcher who studied like 12 kids and declared that vaccines caused autism set back vaccinations 60 years.

Old 10-21-2012, 10:53 AM

2,210 posts, read 7,026,649 times
Most doctors will be OK with spacing vaccines out.
I am aware that there is a feeling out there that babies immune systems are "overwhelmed" if they get too much at once. There is no evidence to support this and in fact, research does seem to support the theory that many illnesses and allergies are in fact caused by human infants not being exposed to ENOUGH pathogens early in life.
Kids immune systems need to be exposed, whether to diseases or just plain dirt, in order to map themselves accurately to their environments. Even the "good bacteria" we know help with digestion comes from outside the infant.

Old 10-21-2012, 11:03 AM

328 posts, read 1,049,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
Yes, the infamous idiot British researcher who studied like 12 kids and declared that vaccines caused autism set back vaccinations 60 years.
Did you actually read the study? Or are you just making things up? He NEVER declared that vaccines cause autism. He found that a vaccine strain of measles caused an inflammatory process in the intestines of autistic kids (which was not present in their non-autistic siblings). There is a big difference in finding a correlation and making a sweeping statement that vaccines cause autism.

There are plenty of families getting money after their kids were declared harmed by vaccines: Family to Receive $1.5M+ in First-Ever Vaccine-Autism Court Award - CBS News Investigates - CBS News

If you still don't believe that vaccines can ever cause harm (not related to autism), you can check out a government site for reporting adverse events related to the administration of vaccines: Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System

Old 10-21-2012, 11:08 AM

I think this piece put together by the NZ Immunization Advisory Board is really helpful. It covers the immunizations, how infants immune systems work and the effects of both the immunizations and the diseases themselves.

http://www.mncdgp.org.au/system/file...munisation.pdf

Old 10-21-2012, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by digi21 View Post
Did you actually read the study? Or are you just making things up? He NEVER declared that vaccines cause autism. He found that a vaccine strain of measles caused an inflammatory process in the intestines of autistic kids (which was not present in their non-autistic siblings). There is a big difference in finding a correlation and making a sweeping statement that vaccines cause autism.
That practitioner has been both discredited and stripped of his medical license.

"http://www.cnn.com/2011/HEALTH/01/05/autism.vaccines/index.html"

"An investigation published by the British medical journal BMJ concludes the study's author, Dr. Andrew Wakefield, misrepresented or altered the medical histories of all 12 of the patients whose cases formed the basis of the 1998 study -- and that there was "no doubt" Wakefield was responsible.
"It's one thing to have a bad study, a study full of error, and for the authors then to admit that they made errors," Fiona Godlee, BMJ's editor-in-chief, told CNN. "But in this case, we have a very different picture of what seems to be a deliberate attempt to create an impression that there was a link by falsifying the data."
Britain stripped Wakefield of his medical license in May. '
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey