Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2012, 12:15 PM

103 posts, read 395,078 times

Advertisements

Anyone use the doctors from here. I heard good things from one person but she moved and no longer uses them. So I was hoping to get inside info and see how they work.

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2012, 09:05 AM

1 posts, read 2,688 times
Default Whole Child Center in Oradell NJ

Hi, i have been using this office for the past year. I have had some problems with them and am leaving to go to a different doctor
1. I brought my 5 month old in with a on and off fever/rash and crying when eating. The doctor said that he thinks its teething without checking him out too much. 2 days after i brought him in, my throat started to hurt a lot and it hurt to swallow, I'm confident my little one had the same problem. The doctor did not check his throat when we were in the office which i think should just be part of sick visit
2. My husband took my two kids to the office. My 5 month old was supposed to get a vaccine (it was what i made the appoitment for and should have been obvious based on my kids ages and the fact that my older one already finished his vaccines). Instread of giving it to the 5 month old, they gave it to my 2 1/2 year old.
3. They sold me some teething drops in sept. that had expired a month earlier. I am now in the process of getting my records to go to a differnet doctor and they called me to say i owed them for the teething drops. I exlpained that they sold me an expired medicine, the office manager said they only do exchanges (this is after they gave the wrong kid a vaccine).

i would not recommend them

Old 11-21-2012, 07:27 AM

777 posts, read 2,380,735 times
I go to Whole Child Center for my autistic son and his doctor is Dr. Rosen, who specializes in special needs children. Dr. Rosen is widely respected in his field and appears on television regularly. I believe there is a long waiting list for him though or he might not be even accepting new patients.

Old 01-01-2013, 10:06 AM

1 posts, read 2,563 times
I take my son there. Had more negative experiences than positive.
1) not very flexible when it comes to appt. specially with dr. Rosen
2) since its hard to get dr R we went with dr Jeney but she's not very thorough with examinations; dr Linwood is much more thorough so we prefer to schedule appts with her now.
3) most of the time I've been there, the front desk staff is not very friendly...
4) disappointed that they don't have any doctors on call for Holidays; the answering service pushes you to the ER.
We are moving to a different area of bergen and plan on giving them one more opportunity, otherwise I'll be switching doctors.
So bottom line, don't believe all the hype and keep looking because this practice is just so so.

Old 01-01-2013, 10:52 AM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
If you have cut-rate or no insurance, do you have to use the Half-Child Center?

Old 01-01-2013, 12:41 PM

777 posts, read 2,380,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
If you have cut-rate or no insurance, do you have to use the Half-Child Center?

Cricket's Chirping - YouTube

Old 01-01-2013, 01:07 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin1975 View Post

LOL. OK, it WAS a lame joke.

Old 01-01-2013, 03:39 PM

513 posts, read 1,167,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
LOL. OK, it WAS a lame joke.
I thought it was hilarious. No crickets here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey