U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 10:04 AM

1,446 posts, read 4,413,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnbreze View Post
I'm so SICK OF HEARING PEOPLE SAY CRAP ABOUT CERTAIN TOWNS. Lets stay focused here. She at times is hurt by the changes also, but she can tell me stories of how cruel the affluent blacks in the town were treated back then. However, I don't call all whites bigots. Direct your anger where it belongs and not on a whole city.

PS... for all you other East Orange haters... go shove it. You've got drug spots, and welfare recipents in your own neighborhoods your just better at hiding it. I work in an excutive office for social service programs and we have programs for users, pushers, and low income people throughout the state. Even in Hackettstown New Jersey we got a clinic. It's set up as a doctors office. ~Autumn
Dude, give it up.
Isn't there a law against race impersonation?

Old 10-14-2007, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Agreed. NJ is one of the states with the highest illegal alien population. It is horrible what our politicians have allowed to happen not only in NJ but the entire country. If you take away all the illegal aliens and send them home, there would be so much less crime, etc. These are people who should not be here! It is an outright lie that they do the jobs that Americans refuse to do-lies!. Greedy employers hire illegals under the table without benefits and pay them supressed wages instead of providing qualified Americans a livable wage. They are disrespectful because our government does nothing they laugh at us while they ruin our towns and bleed American and legal immigrants of their last dime to pay for ESL, hospitals and other freebies. They are not "hardworkers trying to feed their familes".

I know illegals come from all countries, but just to make a point, Mexico's 1st biggest industy is tourism. The second largest industy is $$ wired back to Mexico from the USA. So they get welfare and other freebies and cry poverty-yet they send all types of money back there that should remain in the American economy. People need to wake up and demand current immigration laws be enforced. We do not need new laws. People need to stop buying into the lie that ILLEGAL aliens are needed and also stop buying into the "If you are against illegals you are a racist" nonsense. I am refering to Illegal aliens, not legal immigrants who came the right way.
This thread was started about East Orange where the majority are not immigrants at all. But as far as buying into the lie that illegals are "needed"- this is a major belief held by countless people. Those "greedy employers" can often be next door neighbors. They don't think they are doing anything wrong. When you pay the baby sitter- do you report it? People look at much of this in that manner. There are no consequences for Americans who hire people under the table (unless they do it on a large scale and are caught). Do you turn people in when you know they are doing that? I would guess not.

Some of these people are in fact super hard workers and that makes them harder to resist. Domestics are often treated like they are not really working (something I have witnessed firsthand) because they are "around your house". Meanwhile they are doing much more work than the householder would ever dream of doing. People still tend to believe those jobs are not "real jobs" and that there is no harm done in hiring someone with questionable status. Consequences need to reach the people who do the hiring before anything will change on this issue. This is such an intense issue these days but we tend not to look at our own responsiblity here.

Old 10-25-2007, 05:15 PM

1 posts, read 5,350 times
Default Prospect Towers

I lived in East Orange in the late 60's and early 70's at the Prospect Towers on Prospect street across from Upsala college. the crescent shaped building was magnificent with the doormen dressed like admiral's . Althea Gibson lived there so did Eddie Rabbit the country singer. Trump owned the building and more than once I saw the Rolls Royce with NY plates parked in the circular drive while he inspected his investment. the apts. were large and luxurious with most people having domestic's and with one elderly lady having a driver ( Miss Daisy style ) . I moved to Las Vegas and hadn't been in the Orange's for nearly 35 year's . God it's like an Atom bomb went off , Upsala college closed and torn down , Main street abandoned , everything closed . My heart bleed's for Essex county and East Orange. Bill Las Vegas Nevada

Old 10-27-2007, 01:11 PM

10 posts, read 41,386 times
Default It will be OK Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Bohaboy View Post
I moved to Las Vegas and hadn't been in the Orange's for nearly 35 year's . God it's like an Atom bomb went off , Upsala college closed and torn down , Main street abandoned , everything closed . My heart bleed's for Essex county and East Orange. Bill Las Vegas Nevada
Well Sir since you haven't been here in 35 years, you'll be happy know that Upsala College wasn't completely torn down, part of it was saved and is now part of the High School. A gated luxery community now sits on the rest of the land. Woodlands At Upsala
The downtown has a ways to go, sbut i'm sure it will get there, make sure you come and visit once it does.

Old 10-31-2007, 06:18 AM

1 posts, read 5,300 times
I am a 41 year old man that has moved away going on 20 yrs born and raised in E.O. I vist friends and family atleast twice a month. The problem I notice is the same problem in some of the Churches where I have relocated, the elders have passed on and the churches are not being and or playing an active part in there community. I have been through that thug stuff and Thanks Be To God I found my way out of it. The schools play a very important part also, I am not sure what is going on with in that sector how ever when I Came to visit mant years ag and I noticed the College on Sprigdale Ave closed, that blew my mind, what kind of city would let that kind of revenue up and leave a community. I could go on and on but work calls this was a goo idea.

Old 10-31-2007, 06:25 AM

42 posts, read 45,063 times
In simple terms, the good hardworking honest people moved away and the lazy criminals, low life dirt bags moved in.

Old 10-31-2007, 09:37 AM

438 posts, read 857,077 times
before my wife and I found our new place in Montague (a LONG way from East Orange) her friend/realtor sent over pictures of very large and nice condos. they were stunning, the area and complex were brand new and then I saw "East Orange" and said "no thanks."
I don't care how big, nice and new the buildings were, I was not settling down in East Orange. I'm not willing to risk having my car or anything else broken into, stolen or robbed because some punk wants a new stereo and figures he can just steal it.

Old 12-23-2007, 12:25 AM

4 posts, read 18,537 times
You are incredibly ignorant..wow...you blow me away.........

Old 12-23-2007, 01:05 AM

Oh, please. It's not like someone looking in Montague would also just happen to be looking in East Orange.
I have to go for the ignore button at this point. Thanks for reminding me it's there.

Old 03-26-2008, 06:32 PM

1 posts, read 5,053 times
Default East Orange

I Was Born And Raised In Eo Never Thought I Would Leave, But The Town Is A Garbage Dump It Stinks Garbage Everywhere,crime Is Crazy And The Police Are Lazy The Mayor How Grew Up In Eo Should Be Ashamed. We Had Clean-up Week When I Was A Kid We Took Pride In Our Neighborhoods We Looked Out For Our Children. School Was Aplace To Learn. Its A Shame!!!! I Live In South Jersey Now And There Is Crime Here Too But People Care About Their Homes And Each Other. I Have A Daughter Still In Eo And My Granddaughter Asked Me To Please Get A Bigger House So She Doesn't Have To Go To School There. Its Soo Sad To See The Place I Call Home A Garbage Dump. And Yes 75% Don't Pay Rent And Don't Care How They Live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or