U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 07:38 PM

970 posts, read 3,104,429 times

Advertisements

The area of East Orange that has the GSP running through it has potential IMO.

Old 03-26-2008, 10:14 PM

2,010 posts, read 3,197,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Illegal Aliens are overruning many of our cities-pushing Americans to move further away for safety reasons. People who have lived in towns for decades are run out for safety reasons and the tax burden illegals put on the schools, hospitals, etc. Especially in states like NJ which is really a sanctuary state, even if it is not "official. This is not just happening in cities but towns and very rural areas all over the country.

They broke the law to get in. They do not care about laws and doing things the right way and they also do not upkeep the neighborhoods that they take over.

I couldn't agree more, i wish they would just all go, someone, somehow needs to get them all out of here.

Old 03-26-2008, 10:29 PM

272 posts, read 1,034,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sues1 View Post
I couldn't agree more, i wish they would just all go, someone, somehow needs to get them all out of here.
You've got to realize the politicians want them here. Why else would we have bilingual election ballots? And if you don't think they're voting I've got news for you, they are. And we know who they're voting for.

Old 03-26-2008, 10:58 PM

13,460 posts, read 14,445,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KewlGuy View Post
You've got to realize the politicians want them here. Why else would we have bilingual election ballots? And if you don't think they're voting I've got news for you, they are. And we know who they're voting for.
Somehow I can't help but think that those looking for a "sanctuary city" aren't going to do much with respect to keeping the real estate market healthy. Not unless we lower our home prices to Detroit's level.

Old 03-26-2008, 11:01 PM

272 posts, read 1,034,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Somehow I can't help but think that those looking for a "sanctuary city" aren't going to do much with respect to keeping the real estate market healthy. Not unless we lower our home prices to Detroit's level.
As far as I'm concerned this is a sanctuary state.

Old 03-27-2008, 02:00 AM

13,460 posts, read 14,445,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KewlGuy View Post
As far as I'm concerned this is a sanctuary state.
I think you're right and that sux real bad.

Old 03-31-2008, 03:39 PM

786 posts, read 2,268,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnbreze View Post
I'm so SICK OF HEARING PEOPLE SAY CRAP ABOUT CERTAIN TOWNS. Lets stay focused here. Not everyone in East Orange is on welfare, section 8, or gang bang for a living. I live in East Orange and have so since I was 11yrs old. We own a house and guess what, I go to work for a living and I own a small business. Watch out now I even attended Rutgers Univ.

Get a grip on yourself and your memories. No place will ever be the same as you left it and that's a fact. It is unfortunate that you had a group of teenagers smack your minivan but hey..... last time I checked teenagers are weird regardless of where they live or their race. Be honest the real reason you have this fear is that your old neighborhood went black while you were gone. East Orange has law abiding citizens here--I and my family are honest people. We mow our lawn, sweep our sidewalk, and pay taxes ($11,000 to be exact). Sure not all citizens are honest, but I know Hackettstown has criminals who are polite and won't smack your minivan because their busy rippin you off on a higher level (identity thieft, cocaine sales, etc.).

IMO I think you should ride through and take a look at your old neighborhood or stop remarking that folks in a particular city are all criminals or welfare folks. My mother (well into her 60's) moved into East Orange in the 50's when blacks were not welcomed and she comments on the changes she remembers back when she was a teenager. She at times is hurt by the changes also, but she can tell me stories of how cruel the affluent blacks in the town were treated back then. However, I don't call all whites bigots. Direct your anger where it belongs and not on a whole city.

PS... for all you other East Orange haters... go shove it. You've got drug spots, and welfare recipents in your own neighborhoods your just better at hiding it. I work in an excutive office for social service programs and we have programs for users, pushers, and low income people throughout the state. Even in Hackettstown New Jersey we got a clinic. It's set up as a doctors office. ~Autumn
+1

It's kinda funny how people here continually lump entire cities and towns into one big heap. I've never seen a general mainstream forum with so much hidden hatred exposed.

It's pretty obvious that towns and cities with less wealth would in general have more crime and poverty , but that does not mean it is all bad. I've enjoyed long stays in both central LA and North Plainfield (near Plainfield), met nice people there, just as everywhere else.

Old 03-31-2008, 05:23 PM

2,689 posts, read 2,846,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalim2008 View Post
+1

It's kinda funny how people here continually lump entire cities and towns into one big heap. I've never seen a general mainstream forum with so much hidden hatred exposed.

It's pretty obvious that towns and cities with less wealth would in general have more crime and poverty , but that does not mean it is all bad. I've enjoyed long stays in both central LA and North Plainfield (near Plainfield), met nice people there, just as everywhere else.
I noticed you said visited, how would you like to live in places like that permanently? or raise a family in places like that. what you dismiss as hate is really people who care more about their families than they do about saying the PC stuff, and most people who are concerned about family issues would not make a choice to live in an impoverished area

Old 03-31-2008, 05:39 PM

253 posts, read 1,138,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo1st View Post
Big shocker. Twenty seven years in Jersey City and the now residence think they own the city. The territorial rate has spread throughout most parts of the states from the north to south. I, presently, live in Bradley Beach and although it has it's prosperous areas, most of them are surrounded by ... make your own decision. I am surrounded by disrespectful illegal alliens that criticized the American people directly to my face. They jumped the border...guess which? and as God as my witness, shouted to me while drunk as a skunk,.... "Hey, you Americans are stuuupppid....we come here make a lot of money. have everything and own houses in ......M ...... Yeah, you are stupid Americans...we use you and become rich in our country.

It has gotten so bad here...that these illegal alliens blast their country's music and drink for hours throughout the night all the way to the early morning hours...five am....etc. then, wake up at seven and blast their music again.... I have not gotten one night of peaceful sleep for an entire year. I wake up to broken beer bottles all over the parking area, the stench of human urine, litter all over and this morning, I stepped in vomit right near the trunk of my car, absolute slobs but we dear not say anything because we would be labeled as predujice.

Police can only do so much. Something has to be done and not just talk. Sad how disrespectful some of these alliens are to us Americans and we have to be the ones walking on eggshells. If we visited or lived in their country and were as disrespectful...we,definetly, would not get a slap on the hand!

Move...ha, yep, as if, I can afford it. But why should I have to move and give these inconsiderate low lives the last apartment rented to an American.
Why should they always get their ways? My landlord is a American and does not give a damn, he says... hey, as long as they pay the rent, I do not care how many live in the apartment. It is so sad how these land owners do not give a damn for others, only their mighty dollar.
When you speak of illegal aliens, I'm wondering how do you know they're illegal and what ethnicity they are? I don't think this is an issue because Irvington is flooded with illegal aliens, mostly Haitians, West Africans, Jamaicans and they have lots of gangs. On the other hand, in Newark they have the bloods, crips, latin kings. - - nothing "illegal" about them, but still have managed to bring down the ciity. Then, you have a town like Somers Point which is also flooded with illegal alians, mostly Mexicans, who don't bother anybody, many are day laborers, out at 5/6am looking for day work - trying to make a living.

I don't think illegal aliens have anything to do with an area declining . . . look at Edison and the extremely large Indian population - who by far cannot all be legal - I think it's the mentality of the people.

Old 03-31-2008, 08:32 PM

970 posts, read 3,104,429 times
Can any of you name a town in NJ that has been "deteriorated" by illegal immigrants? All of the places they seem to move to are the urban areas that already had problems. Such a claim can be said in California. In New Jersey, not so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or