U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 04:24 AM

9,124 posts, read 32,098,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busch Boy View Post
Can any of you name a town in NJ that has been "deteriorated" by illegal immigrants? All of the places they seem to move to are the urban areas that already had problems. Such a claim can be said in California. In New Jersey, not so much.
Can you name one that's been improved by their presence???

Old 04-01-2008, 09:47 AM

970 posts, read 3,104,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
Can you name one that's been improved by their presence???
I didn't say they improved any places either. I said they didn't ruin any towns because the towns they move to are, for the most part, already ruined. You know, the towns that are usually bashed on city-data.

I don't like talking about illegal immigration. I have so many beliefs that support both sides, I confuse myself, LOL. I posted a detailed comment about this on one of the immigrantion threads.

Old 04-01-2008, 01:25 PM

45 posts, read 138,357 times
can you all imagine how the American Indians felt ....!! fact is America has always had an illegal immigration problems ...ask the Indians

I am not an advocate for illegal immigrants but I am seeing a lot of ignorant posts ...

Sad ...No wonder the country is in the state it is ...and no I am not a bleeding heart liberal either

Old 04-01-2008, 01:36 PM

857 posts, read 1,765,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah07080 View Post
can you all imagine how the American Indians felt ....!! fact is America has always had an illegal immigration problems ...ask the Indians

I am not an advocate for illegal immigrants but I am seeing a lot of ignorant posts ...

Sad ...No wonder the country is in the state it is ...and no I am not a bleeding heart liberal either
+10000!!!!!!!!

and new jersey is a LIBERAL state. Still seems like it's full of rednecks to me. Can you imagine what texas is like????

Old 04-01-2008, 01:44 PM

253 posts, read 1,139,002 times
Quote:
I didn't say they improved any places either. I said they didn't ruin any towns because the towns they move to are, for the most part, already ruined. You know, the towns that are usually bashed on city-data.

I don't like talking about illegal immigration. I have so many beliefs that support both sides, I confuse myself, LOL. I posted a detailed comment about this on one of the immigrantion threads.
Well, unfortunately most illegal immigrants can't afford to come to the US and buy a home in Saddle River or Warren County with the rest of you "rich" folks. They come to this country as a starting point - and being illegal - where are they likely to go? Where they and/or their families can afford to. Places like Newark, Perth Amboy, Elizabeth, South River - usually where the're are ample agencies they can go to to apply for assistance - - ample public transportation - - childcare programs (Newark, Elizabeth, East Orange) which doesn't mean that people should automatically say the immigrants are what brought down the down. I don't believe it.

Should they be allowed in the country . .. well that's another subject, but Immigrants didn't happen to East Orange - Ignorance did.

Old 04-01-2008, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl-973-908-732 View Post
Well, unfortunately most illegal immigrants can't afford to come to the US and buy a home in Saddle River or Warren County with the rest of you "rich" folks. They come to this country as a starting point - and being illegal - where are they likely to go? Where they and/or their families can afford to. Places like Newark, Perth Amboy, Elizabeth, South River - usually where the're are ample agencies they can go to to apply for assistance - - ample public transportation - - childcare programs (Newark, Elizabeth, East Orange) which doesn't mean that people should automatically say the immigrants are what brought down the down. I don't believe it.

Should they be allowed in the country . .. well that's another subject, but Immigrants didn't happen to East Orange - Ignorance did.
Why are you attacking me? I NEVER said that I was against illegal immigration nor that they ruined towns! I actually defended them and said that they haven't ruined any towns. As for illegal immigration, I said I haven't picked a stance yet. I am FAR from having an upbringing in Saddle River! I grew up in both Passaic (probably the epicenter of illegal immigrants in NJ) and Paterson, LOL.

Last edited by Busch Boy; 04-01-2008 at 02:11 PM..

Old 04-01-2008, 01:59 PM

525 posts, read 1,786,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by girl-973-908-732 View Post

You’re right, immigrants did not bring down East Orange … but they absolutely brought down Elizabeth (along with the incompetent Mayor Bollwage, who helped open the floodgates).

And I wouldn’t be so quick to lump in Perth Amboy and South River … both of those towns are significantly better than the other places you mentioned.

Old 04-01-2008, 02:03 PM

253 posts, read 1,139,002 times
Quote:
Why are you attacking me? I NEVER said that I was against illegal immigration nor that they ruined towns! I actually defended them and said that they haven't ruined any towns. As for illegal immigration, I said I haven't picked a stance yet. I am FAR from having an upbringing in Saddle River! I grew up in Passaic and Paterson, LOL. Towns you would probably dismiss as ghetto dumps in another thread, hypocrite! I could say so much more but you are not worth my time.
can you comperehend, I was agreeing with you. obviously you can't. sad. lol lol lmao!.

Old 04-01-2008, 02:13 PM

Well it sounded like an antagonistic remark to mine! Read your comment again. Sorry for the confusion.

Old 04-02-2008, 05:49 AM

342 posts, read 1,592,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyecho View Post
Whoa, chill out with the hyperbole. I'm certainly not "pro" illegal immigration but these overgeneralized comments get under my skin a little bit...

Name one time in our history when one or more nationalities were NOT demonized similar to the way our society demonizes Mexicans today. Name just one period when hate towards an entire ethnic group was not "normal." Remember when the Irish and Italians came to this country en masse? How about Asians, especially Chinese and Japanese? Think about the way in which Africans were forced here, only to be treated the way they were for centuries.

America is a nation of, guess what, IMMIGRANTS! If you disagree, go argue your point with a Native American. Look how much respect the "early" European explorers showed the people who were here before them. Look how badly their communities got torn up and formed into what you see today.

And believe it or not, there are some illegal immigrants who are honest, hardworking, human beings! Some of them even, oh gosh, RESPECT others!!! And don't litter or make a mess of the town they live in! AND not all of them get any sort of free checks, money, government subsidies, or anything! I know this is a little hard to believe, because god forbid they crossed a border even though our mighty government said no, in so many words. We've come a long, long way from "give us your poor, your tired, your huddled masses trying to be free."

I have lit a candle and am singing Kumbaya.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or