Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 01:05 PM

13,404 posts, read 28,726,919 times

Advertisements

Wow...the hostility is astounding!!
started out a good thread....Thanks Jersey man....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2007, 01:06 PM

2,689 posts, read 3,965,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
APV, I guess your one on busybodies becuase last time I checked you were posting on the forum also. Time to move on. Most of us don't care if you own a golf ball all the way up to a good year blimp. Most of the posters are very successful also. Take the deep breath one more time it might work this time.

there is big difference, I am not wailing over other people's lifestyle choices, i am commenting on the pettiness on display here.

Old 10-10-2007, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
and it is my opinion that people sticking their noses into other people's business is the worst kind of tackiness, and belies their insecurities.

just like sticking your nose into what cars people buy, you shouldn't be trying to decide for me what I can read or what or how I can respond.
I have not been insulting or profane, I am just adding my views
if that's ok with you!

like you noted this is an open forum for the sharing opinions, all I am doing is commenting on how I see things.

It is too bad you do not share my view of things but you certainly have no business telling me or anyone else what to read or respond to.

if you don't like my views on this subject, you too are free not to read or respond.
actually you should reread your posts...they are dripping with hostility
granted it's a forum so one does not have a way to actually *hear* the tone

Old 10-10-2007, 01:12 PM

2,736 posts, read 9,670,303 times
Quote:
but you are in no position to determine how others handle their finances their lives, people are still free to do as they please (keeping legal of course)
and if their acts affect your investments the only thing that you can do is to be adept enough to recognize the changes their acts cause and adjust your investments to minimize your exposure to things that other people's acts can effect your investments. Thinking that you can or should modify other people's behavior is just plain foolish demagoguery
Thinking I can help someone better manage their finances, or think that having an SUV for each member of the household, which never, ever, ever gets filled is wasteful, or saying that I know (from my experience as a firefighter) that SUV's are, in fact, not safer than a car is foolish demagoguery? I'm not forcing anyone to do anything, I'm voicing an opinion. Like many things, I would hope that when I do voice my opinion, others listen - I usually give it when its worthwhile, and do my best to avoid speaking up when its not.

But, I guess I should stop advocating designated drivers. And smoke alarms. And defensive driving techniques. And putting a carseat in the back, away from the airbag, like they belong. And promoting alternative fuels.

The list could go on for a while. Are you really telling me that doing such things are illogical?

Old 10-10-2007, 01:21 PM

1,800 posts, read 5,718,068 times
APV, will you PLEASE just go away and let this discussion continue in peace?
You too are guilty of being a "busy-body" (as you call it). You post here, on this forum, to let us know that we should mind our own business, but you're not taking your own advice! If "minding your own business" were the rule, no one would be posting anymore. Get a grip!
BTW, if you want a car that's safe for your kids, buy a Volvo XC.
I find it terribly irresponsible of people, who buy big gas-guzzling vehicles in a time when we need to go over to another country, put our youth in danger, so that we can have more FUEL! Just shows you how stupid some people are. The manufacturers of those rediculously huge SUVs should be slapped with fines! IMO

Old 10-10-2007, 01:30 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,380,037 times
Quote:
I don't know about the situation where you live but even in suburban areas a 1/4 of a mile walk for a young child can be full of dangers, many places are inhospitable to pedestrians, young kids walking on the side of busy roads is just unsafe on many different levels. it's not about lazy it's about safety.
When you have little ones I am sure your tune would change
I don have little ones, and there's nothing "inhospitable" about the route I'm talking about. Obviously, if there were major traffic issues, highways, etc., it would be a different story, but I'm talking literally about never leaving the sidewalk in the subdivision, continuing 100' down the sidewalk to the crossing guard, and being on the school's sidewalk on the other side of the street.

I'm not saying I'd subject my kids to what we did when we were kids- there's too many derelicts out there. But this is a no-brainer- especially if the parents were with them.

Bob

Old 10-10-2007, 01:43 PM

2,689 posts, read 3,965,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaarten View Post
APV, will you PLEASE just go away and let this discussion continue in peace?
why should I go away? because you can't deal with a differing view? I am not trying to silence anyone's views, I am just pointing out that nobody has a right to decide how others handle their lives, as long as what someone does is not illegal, it should be nobody's concern what kind of car they drive or how big their house is.

Quote:
You too are guilty of being a "busy-body" (as you call it). You post here, on this forum, to let us know that we should mind our own business, but you're not taking your own advice! If "minding your own business" were the rule, no one would be posting anymore. Get a grip!
It appears that the point I am making is whizzing right by you, voicing opinions is fine, ridiculing others for their lifestyle choices is wrong.

Quote:
BTW, if you want a car that's safe for your kids, buy a Volvo XC.
can't control yourself, eh? who are you to tell me what car I should buy?
MYOB!

Quote:
I find it terribly irresponsible of people, who buy big gas-guzzling vehicles in a time when we need to go over to another country, put our youth in danger, so that we can have more FUEL! Just shows you how stupid some people are. The manufacturers of those rediculously huge SUVs should be slapped with fines! IMO
the fact that you find it irresponsible is meaningless to anyone else, if you abhor the amount of fuel a big vehicle uses, don't buy a big vehicle, but you are in no position to dictate what others do. after people like you get everyone to drive an econobox are then going to tell me what church to worship in?

Old 10-10-2007, 01:48 PM

Apv,

Are you canadian?? Just wondering with all those "eh's" at the end of your sentences.

Old 10-10-2007, 01:49 PM

2,736 posts, read 9,670,303 times
Quote:
after people like you get everyone to drive an econobox are then going to tell me what church to worship in?
After people like you drive up gas prices by using up the available supplies, will you tell me that I shouldn't be mad about $10294710294810247/gallon prices, and that I should mind my own business?

Old 10-10-2007, 01:49 PM

1,800 posts, read 5,718,068 times
Quote:
why should I go away? because you can't deal with a differing view? I am not trying to silence anyone's views, I am just pointing out that nobody has a right to decide how others handle their lives, as long as what someone does is not illegal, it should be nobody's concern what kind of car they drive or how big their house is.

It appears that the point I am making is whizzing right by you, voicing opinions is fine, ridiculing others for their lifestyle choices is wrong.

can't control yourself, eh? who are you to tell me what car I should buy?
MYOB!

the fact that you find it irresponsible is meaningless to anyone else, if you abhor the amount of fuel a big vehicle uses, don't buy a big vehicle, but you are in no position to dictate what others do. after people like you get everyone to drive an econobox are then going to tell me what church to worship in?
That's right I just told you to go out and buy a Volvo and I'm about to tell you where to worship.
Time to get the Xanax refill, you bitter old coot!
You are in serious need of an attitude adjustment! Yes I did just write that, you needn't reiterate! Now go away! I for one will ignore your drivel from now on. You add nothing to this discussion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: