U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 06:20 PM

359 posts, read 344,675 times

Advertisements

is it just me ,but fios didnt cover nj sandy as much as it did ny.i wanted to hear about seaside,asbury,and the rest of the shore plus the rest of the state.nj news for nj i dont think so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2012, 06:33 PM

311 posts, read 472,470 times
Unplug FiOS from your TV. Attach a set of old fashioned rabbit ears to the coax connection. Navigate your TV's menu for signal type. Select antenna. Run a channel scan. Watch local broadcast station news. Easy!

Old 11-04-2012, 06:35 PM

2,696 posts, read 4,797,307 times
Stay away from anything Verizon.

Old 11-04-2012, 06:46 PM

18,713 posts, read 17,465,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfrisco View Post
Stay away from anything Verizon.
They just don't suck worse than others. I prefer FIOS over ATT UVerse

Old 11-04-2012, 06:51 PM

3,301 posts, read 3,112,227 times
Went through Sandy from beginning to end. FIOS never failed. Not even once. And even with a huge pine tree crashing on the pole outside of my house and ripping the fiber lines to the ground. Verizon is the best there is in the current market. Faster. More reliable. Best coverage by far. I really don't see how it's possible to make a rational argument for any of the other carriers.

And I'm not a fanboy. If AT&T or Sprint or Optimum or anyone else were close, I'd be happy to state that. But it's not true. Verizon simply blows the competition off the charts in every meaningful way.

Old 11-04-2012, 06:53 PM

353 posts, read 212,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Went through Sandy from beginning to end. FIOS never failed. Not even once. And even with a huge pine tree crashing on the pole outside of my house and ripping the fiber lines to the ground. Verizon is the best there is in the current market. Faster. More reliable. Best coverage by far. I really don't see how it's possible to make a rational argument for any of the other carriers.

And I'm not a fanboy. If AT&T or Sprint or Optimum or anyone else were close, I'd be happy to state that. But it's not true. Verizon simply blows the competition off the charts in every meaningful way.
Same here, I live here in CT and the power went out, around 10 PM and in the morning I powered up the generator and put the battery back up on the generator and rebooted the fios settop box and I was happy I still had tv service, I know a lot of cablevision people said they lost power.

Old 11-04-2012, 08:13 PM

2,696 posts, read 4,797,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubieB4 View Post
Same here, I live here in CT and the power went out, around 10 PM and in the morning I powered up the generator and put the battery back up on the generator and rebooted the fios settop box and I was happy I still had tv service, I know a lot of cablevision people said they lost power.
Thanks for your personal anecdotes, but it doesn't change the fact that Verizon sucks.

Old 11-04-2012, 08:21 PM

1,188 posts, read 1,340,577 times
I must agree. While we did not lose service at all during the storm, it's pretty awful in general. We used to have Optimum, but when we moved, had to choose between FiOS and Comcast. So we chose FiOS. We've found ourselves to have significantly less channels, some random Chicago based network, slow channel guides (SD and HD set top boxes), constantly interrupted signal and freezing images and mediocre internet speeds. Tie that all in with the absolutely worst, soul crushingly awful customer service on earth. It's a joke, I hate it.

I'd give anything (ok almost) to have Optimum back.

Old 11-04-2012, 08:27 PM

18,713 posts, read 17,465,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfrisco View Post
Thanks for your personal anecdotes, but it doesn't change the fact that Verizon sucks.
I have found dealing with Verizon sucks not FIOS. It's the 45 minute waits, screwed up billing, etc. The product is good not the back office.

Old 11-04-2012, 08:34 PM

843 posts, read 1,084,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donald cherry View Post
is it just me ,but fios didnt cover nj sandy as much as it did ny.i wanted to hear about seaside,asbury,and the rest of the shore plus the rest of the state.nj news for nj i dont think so.
are you talking about news coverage? What does this have to do with fios?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey