U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 09:45 PM

24,759 posts, read 30,521,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
Puuuuhlease.

Come to my town...you have Sierra Leone nationals petitioning for and getting the permits to shut down main street to celebrate their independence day, so they could ride floats and dance down the street - to celebrate the independence ANOTHER COUNTRY gave to the country THEY LEFT.

Have a BBQ. In your back yard. Or go celebrate it in Sierra Leone.
Do you complain about St. Patrick's Day, Oktoberfest or Columbus Day in the same manner?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2012, 10:06 PM

7,327 posts, read 6,024,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Do you complain about St. Patrick's Day, Oktoberfest or Columbus Day in the same manner?
Why would I?

My Main street doesn't get shut down for those other insignificant celebrations.

That's why I suggested you come to my town if you're looking for special treatment.

Old 11-09-2012, 10:23 PM

7,327 posts, read 6,024,129 times
Quote:
It was near there at 2 a.m. Police did not connect the shooting to the restaurant or its patrons.
I was "near there" at 2am also. A good portion on Franklin Township was "near there".

Something "happened" inside De Island Breeze that spilled out on to the street and someone started shooting a gun at people because of it.

So you tell me how that wasn't connected to the patrons?

Connected to the restaurant?

The restaurant knows who it serves at 2am. It's not a hungry drunk college crowd. It's a gang-banger/drugged up/drunk as hell with a HUGE attitude and loving it kind of crowd....that probably walked on in from one of the subsidized housing complexes in the very immediate area. Especially those who live in and "run" the apt. building across from Buster Soires' church, on Rt. 27, that is a well known drug den.

I own a business in the immediate area. I know what goes on, where it comes from and why.

Do you?

Last edited by Informed Info; 11-09-2012 at 10:36 PM..

Old 11-10-2012, 05:59 AM

11,643 posts, read 13,474,131 times
If the OP is looking for an African restaurant in Central NJ, then there is no need to go to Newark or other areas that are further away for a Central NJ resident.
In fact, one of the best places to check out is Makeda, a well-reputed Ethiopian restaurant in New Brunswick.

One of my former co-workers, who came from Sierra Leone, used to rave about the food at Makeda.

Take a look at:
Untitled Document

Old 11-10-2012, 02:26 PM

71 posts, read 110,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
Don't.

Couple of folks got shot up there a few months ago.

Old 11-12-2012, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
If the OP is looking for an African restaurant in Central NJ, then there is no need to go to Newark or other areas that are further away for a Central NJ resident.
In fact, one of the best places to check out is Makeda, a well-reputed Ethiopian restaurant in New Brunswick.

One of my former co-workers, who came from Sierra Leone, used to rave about the food at Makeda.

Take a look at:
Untitled Document
Yes, Makeda is pretty good.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:54 AM

26,582 posts, read 49,362,012 times
Quote:
It was near there at 2 a.m. Police did not connect the shooting to the restaurant or its patrons.
Agreed. Somerset is not what I would consider dangerous during normal operating hours of a typical restaurant.

Old 11-14-2012, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Agreed. Somerset is not what I would consider dangerous during normal operating hours of a typical restaurant.
I've been there many, many times. Never the hint of a problem.

Old 06-02-2016, 06:56 AM

1 posts, read 212 times
this is really laye, but I am Haitian and you can go on mean [url=http://minkoze.com/]Where Zompa and Zouk Runs Wild......[/url] all the Haitian Caribbean parties. They do have African parties in In East Orange. The Haitian parties In Elizabeth, @ First republic, coco bongos, So many spots they play Nigerian Ghanaian music.. pan African. DJ Stakz on Facebook. If you ever need a need up partner I can tell you if I m going and I will meat up with you. If I go out I usually and our with slot of my cousins.

Old 06-02-2016, 08:32 AM

2,233 posts, read 1,087,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post

Take a look at:
Untitled Document
I believe Makeda closed a little while ago?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey