Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 12:54 AM

4 posts, read 9,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
where is the dump? do you know the area? the back of fox chase is on shafto road, opposite the dump, thanks for playing, please do come back when you can supply accurate info
APVGUY, you think your so smart , tell me where the original dump was .Tell me the name of the two buldings that were on Shafto Rd . One was built in the 1800's and I will give you a small clue for the other building , the other building was a hotel .What was that section of town know as ????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2011, 12:31 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,503,303 times
Did the Hot Dog ever answer you??

Old 04-01-2011, 10:39 AM

of course he didnt answer because,he like 99% of the people who live in TF now, know nothing about the place and the rich history . When I was a kid , TF was so cool . It was a sleepy little town , One of those places where pretty much everyone knew each other .The south end of town was basically woods where we played hunted and fished .Once the land developers found out about TF the mayor sold out and the town changed for ever . People who "wanted to live in the country" started moving in .The next thing you know . you started hearing things like . Ooohhh they are shooting in the woods , ooohhh they are parking along the road and fishing , ohhh they have old cars parked in their yards , ohhh they have trucks in their yard ,ohhh they dont have play grounds ,oohhh there are dirt roads .I could not wait to get out of TF and soon I will be out of this country .If anyone has any questions about TF I would be happy to try and answer them .

Old 04-01-2011, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnewell26 View Post
And looked at the new construction this weekend. Great houses and great value. Does anyone know how long the commute is from Fox Chase to Midtown Manhattan? Thank you.
Great construction, your kidding me right ??? I watched those tinder boxes being built from the very start , I also watched them fall down ,and sink in the quick sand .What a joke

Old 04-01-2011, 01:49 PM

88,546 posts, read 84,738,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrnj View Post
of course he didnt answer because,he like 99% of the people who live in TF now, know nothing about the place and the rich history . When I was a kid , TF was so cool . It was a sleepy little town , One of those places where pretty much everyone knew each other .The south end of town was basically woods where we played hunted and fished .Once the land developers found out about TF the mayor sold out and the town changed for ever . People who "wanted to live in the country" started moving in .The next thing you know . you started hearing things like . Ooohhh they are shooting in the woods , ooohhh they are parking along the road and fishing , ohhh they have old cars parked in their yards , ohhh they have trucks in their yard ,ohhh they dont have play grounds ,oohhh there are dirt roads .I could not wait to get out of TF and soon I will be out of this country .If anyone has any questions about TF I would be happy to try and answer them .
The same thing happened to the town I grew up in up in Bergen County. It's probably a common story in many parts of New Jersey.

Now I live right next to Tinton Falls, but...the taxes are a lot cheaper in Monmouth County, and there's an ocean nearby.

Old 10-11-2013, 07:57 PM

2 posts, read 4,457 times
I live in a Fox a Chase in Tinton Falls and when I moved here I didn't know anything about the dump and i wasn't told about it by the realtor of course. There's no doubt that more people in this area should be more concerned about the stench that emanates from the landfill located on Shafto Road just on the other side of Asbury Ave, just about in your backyard. The people around here are in denial about it and don't care that it may pose health issues along with water contamination. this is a great area, close to all major highways, convenient shopping and very near the beaches and great restaurants. I wish that more people would take a stand about this issue. They are more concerned about the 23 acre Motorcross track and stadium they want to build near the dump. That's something else you should consider. Why don't you people out there tell it like it is......good luck to you.

Old 10-11-2013, 10:03 PM

88,546 posts, read 84,738,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grave cackle View Post
I live in a Fox a Chase in Tinton Falls and when I moved here I didn't know anything about the dump and i wasn't told about it by the realtor of course. There's no doubt that more people in this area should be more concerned about the stench that emanates from the landfill located on Shafto Road just on the other side of Asbury Ave, just about in your backyard. The people around here are in denial about it and don't care that it may pose health issues along with water contamination. this is a great area, close to all major highways, convenient shopping and very near the beaches and great restaurants. I wish that more people would take a stand about this issue. They are more concerned about the 23 acre Motorcross track and stadium they want to build near the dump. That's something else you should consider. Why don't you people out there tell it like it is......good luck to you.
Exactly what people are you talking to?

Old 03-07-2015, 10:49 PM

1 posts, read 1,495 times
What impact does the landfill have on property values? Is there demand for residential properties in the nearby developments? Are there alot of foreclosures in the developments near the landfill? Does it smell? Are there any health impacts? Is it safe? Do realtors disclose this when they are selling properties?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey