U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2013, 04:28 PM

3,314 posts, read 12,257,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletKnightJet View Post
The most recent one was posted here a few months ago. Boro was lowest.
Couldn't find it on Citi-Data so I did some digging. I think your confusing Freehold Borough High with Freehold Township High. These are the 2012 rankings for the FRHSD.

1) Marlboro - 1680
2) Colts Neck - 1627
3) Freehold Borough - 1608
4) Manalapan - 1589
5) Freehold Township - 1543

I've lived in Freehold Township for quite a few years. I know all about the politics that goes on in the FRHSD. My three children all went to the Borough high school because that's where we are district for. Couldn't be more happy with the experience and the results. The Boro high school has had a cloud over it for quite some time. Many friends of ours wouldn't send their children there because "THOSE KIDS" go there. It couldn't be further from the truth.

Interactive Map: High School SAT scores - NJ Spotlight
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2013, 04:37 PM

3,314 posts, read 12,257,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Sporano View Post
Freehold Boro is fine and so is the HS.
Thank you. Some people have to try to knock it down because of the large hispanic population that lives there. Yes, many are illegals but that don't make them bad people and I will be the first to agree that they shouldn't be here illegally, buts that's a different conversation. Lots of made up B.S. about the borough. I'm not saying it's New Jerseys safest city but it certainly isn't the danger zone that many make it out to be, and yes, there are certain parts of town that most people shouldn't go wandering around at night. Many of the incidents that occur in the Borough is crime on crime. We are in town 2-3 times a week and never feel uncomfortable.

Old 06-07-2013, 10:46 AM

386 posts, read 695,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exhdo1 View Post
Thank you. Some people have to try to knock it down because of the large hispanic population that lives there. Yes, many are illegals but that don't make them bad people and I will be the first to agree that they shouldn't be here illegally, buts that's a different conversation. Lots of made up B.S. about the borough. I'm not saying it's New Jerseys safest city but it certainly isn't the danger zone that many make it out to be, and yes, there are certain parts of town that most people shouldn't go wandering around at night. Many of the incidents that occur in the Borough is crime on crime. We are in town 2-3 times a week and never feel uncomfortable.
Heck, it's safer than most "white" towns I can think of. Including my own town, which has grossly underreported crimes for years and has de facto segregation. But that's another story for another day.

Old 06-07-2013, 11:21 AM

256 posts, read 447,719 times
I went to a FRHSD.

Old 04-14-2014, 07:36 AM

312 posts, read 201,503 times
What about the elementary schools? We're looking at a great home in Freehold borough, but according to Zillow (and the data mined) its seems like the elementary and intermediate schools are really poor. Since we're just starting out that's a big deal. Has anything been changing recently? (so in 5 years it could improve?)

Old 04-14-2014, 11:59 AM

1,248 posts, read 2,402,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranredd View Post
What about the elementary schools? We're looking at a great home in Freehold borough, but according to Zillow (and the data mined) its seems like the elementary and intermediate schools are really poor. Since we're just starting out that's a big deal. Has anything been changing recently? (so in 5 years it could improve?)
Freehold Borough has been on a steady downward path for years. Back in the day it was a multi-generation lower working class neighborhood. Now it's essentially a sanctuary city full of illegals. I really do not see how it could improve in that sense unless they go in all and physically remove those elements.

Old 04-02-2017, 04:25 AM

1 posts, read 358 times
Freehold Borough has been going downhill over the last 5-7 years. To many illegals driving the cost of wages low and mouching off of welfare and food stamps.
Putting 18 year old illegals in schools with our kids.
I hope ICE comes soon to clean up this sanctuary city.

Old 04-02-2017, 07:47 AM

13,563 posts, read 16,066,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trump Cares View Post
To many illegals driving the cost of wages low and mouching off of welfare and food stamps.
Yes, "mouching" is terrible...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey