Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 01:54 PM

3 posts, read 13,213 times

Advertisements

Hi,
My husband and I are looking for a house in the Freehold area and need some insight. I fell in love with the older homes and the beautiful blocks in Freehold Boro but I'm now concerned because of the postings that I have read. It's obvious that the Boro has a very diverse ethnic poopulation. We are fine with that and being we are coming from Brooklyn almost prefer it that way but are we being naive? We really don't care about the ethnicity of the people as long as they are family oriented and good neighbors. To me the fact that the homes are so well kept it's a sign they will be good neighbors. I have been driving through the Boro going on 4 years now and I feel like the area is getting nicer in terms of rennovations and new restaurants & stores. Is that the case?

Does anyone take the Academy bus to Wall Street? Is it reliable?
Sorry for th e 20 questions. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2007, 02:13 PM

10 posts, read 79,840 times
Default neighborhoods

The problem with mixed neighborhoods is that the neighborhood determines how much your home will appreciate/depreciate. Check the local listings and trends to see how your neighborhood is viewed. Brooklyn NY is close to New York City /manhattan so there is no problem with home prices going down if the neighborhood is "spotty". In other places that is not the case. Most families look over the neighborhood before buying a home and according to what they see and research either buy or not buy. The idea is to put yourself in the best possible price range so you can maintain your investment.

Old 10-11-2007, 07:51 PM

3 posts, read 13,213 times
I understand what you are saying regarding the neighborhood depriciating the value of your home but being the houses are so well priced I didn't think we could lose. Where else in NJ are you going to find a really nice house on a beautiful street for $350K.

Old 10-11-2007, 08:30 PM

5,815 posts, read 12,573,624 times
If you like to live closely to several thousand illegal aliens go for it.

Old 10-12-2007, 07:16 AM

33 posts, read 137,832 times
I hear ya Jerseyman.!!!!! I live very near to Freehold boro and although they do have very nice older homes the town itself is to me going downhill instead of uphill. Now, if you like some doing #1 or #2 on your lawn and I don't mean dogs or cats then go for it. That's all I have to say

Old 04-19-2008, 01:29 PM

8 posts, read 34,192 times
I grew up in Freehold Boro, and LOVED it. It is a wonderful little town. Youre right about the old houses- they are so charming and well maintained. Yes, it is diverse, and there is a large Mexican population, but I never felt scared or unsafe at all. Some of the nicest parts of the Boro would be Brinkerhoff Ave, the neighborhoods by the courthouse/high school, Lincoln Place...
Freehold Twp is even nicer, much bigger but also much more expensive.

We are actually leaving NJ because the cost of living is ridiculous, but I will miss Freehold most of all.

Old 06-11-2008, 04:03 PM

1 posts, read 4,737 times
I have lived on Brinckerhoff Ave in Freehold Borough for almost 6 years. I think most of the neighborhoods are filled with good people. Some streets are a little rough, but builders have been buying run down homes, knocking them down and building new homes in it's place. It's a great town for a "real" neighborhood feel. The schools may be filled with kids with different nationalities but doesn't every town now a days? I have spoken to young kids that are in the Borough Schools, and they don't even notice the difference in color. A good kid is a good kid, no matter what town he/she lives in. What's wrong with living in a neighborhood where everyone is the same, we are all hard working, middle class US citizens. Weren't we all at some point immigrants?

Old 06-11-2008, 04:06 PM

9,331 posts, read 20,670,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
If you like to live closely to several thousand illegal aliens go for it.
I heard this was going to be named the official song for Freehold Boro:
YouTube - Genesis - Illegal Alien

Old 06-11-2008, 04:11 PM

2,689 posts, read 3,936,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdangelo1024 View Post
I have lived on Brinckerhoff Ave in Freehold Borough for almost 6 years. I think most of the neighborhoods are filled with good people. Some streets are a little rough, but builders have been buying run down homes, knocking them down and building new homes in it's place. It's a great town for a "real" neighborhood feel. The schools may be filled with kids with different nationalities but doesn't every town now a days? I have spoken to young kids that are in the Borough Schools, and they don't even notice the difference in color. A good kid is a good kid, no matter what town he/she lives in. What's wrong with living in a neighborhood where everyone is the same, we are all hard working, middle class US citizens. Weren't we all at some point immigrants?
when my family came here they weren't considered to be illegal, and they didn't have to live by breaking the laws in order to survive, they learned english and assimilated into their new home country. what part of that story can these new illegals share?

Old 06-11-2008, 06:37 PM

646 posts, read 2,660,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdangelo1024 View Post

Immigrints yes,Illegal immirgints NO.

Calling an illegal immirgrint an undocumented worker is like calling a drug dealer an unlicense pharmacist!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: