U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 09:22 PM

8,671 posts, read 11,931,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
I hear pretty regularly how people in Bergen County love this because there is not much traffic on Sunday. Where exactly is everyone driving to?
Short Hills Mall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2012, 09:32 PM

7,327 posts, read 6,024,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunnor View Post

Hurricane Sandy is over, and everything is back to normal now, including blue laws are in effect.
God Bless all of us, and thank you for your opinion/thoughts (Even though I disagreed with many here).
Hurricane Sandy is OVER? How old ARE you?

Not every one has power back as of TODAY and guess what, sunshine? PEOPLE LOST THEIR HOMES - literally. People have nowhere to go. People have nothing. The boardwalk is gone in many shore towns, businesses are gone. Normal? For you? Maybe. That's how shallow and disconnected you are to anything that doesn't directly affect you for more than a few days.

Sandy is FAR from over.

Quote:
Keep this in mind:Life is very short, and not everything is about money. Quality of life is not worth "extra" unnecessary cash going to already wealthy corporate (business owners) who don't care about their workers, but themselves. We have turned into an evil and selfish society, which has harmed everybody.
It's all about money. Anyone who says differently doesn't have any.

Yes, the selfish part comes from those who want someone else to "do", so they can have the same.

One of those 3 countries you love? Money pays the bills so those who have nothing can live like their next door neighbor who works 7 days a week. Who does that money come from? Not the ones sitting on their rear-ends and complaining about working more hours than they feel they should or WANT to. Who WANTS to work? Really, who?

On what planet does money NOT make the world go round? Money comes in from somewhere, even in those 3 countries of yours, to pay for the "happy people with blue laws" to be so happy. They just print money? They don't. Someone has to earn it so it can be taxed and be handed out to the lazy arses and dregs of society who see living off of others as some sort of "quality of life".

Old 11-12-2012, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nybbler View Post
Short Hills Mall.
From which direction? It's a major hwy in and out, no matter which direction you come from.

I have never seen SH packed on a Saturday. Ever.

Old 11-12-2012, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Sunday is an incredibly important holy day. Many people are driving to the stadium or bars to observe the holy kickoff.
LMAO!!!

Good one!

But only to bars/liquor stores NOT in BC. It's evil to serve alcohol on a Sunday. Everyone should be at church or reading bible verses....surrounding towns should ask for proof of address and deny BC'ers, on Sundays. BC'ers, well, they should be spending time relaxing, hanging out with the family, going to services, playing a board game....not bringing unnecessary traffic in to other towns for crap they couldn't have bought the other 6 days of the week in their own towns.

Old 11-12-2012, 11:08 PM

605 posts, read 1,614,999 times
Best thing to do when you want a thread to go silent is to stop posting. It is obvious that most people are against your ideology and the more you talk about Sunday being a necessary day of rest, the more people are going to o after you. So, just stop posting, and you should quickly see this thread get bumped down.

Old 11-13-2012, 07:18 AM

13,324 posts, read 11,994,298 times
Conform!! How dare people in one town want to do things differently than every other town! Conform, conform! The fact the residents and business owners may want the blue laws, we, who live outside your town don't, so conform! (Note I am not talking about the emergency exception, but the blue laws in general which most people here seem unreasonably P.O.'d about)

Old 11-13-2012, 07:45 AM

12,290 posts, read 22,246,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunnor View Post
There are some people who live in Bergen County that do shop or visit malls on Sundays for any reason, especially those who live few miles from the border. Malls that are open on Sundays do love Bergen C. blue laws because it brings more money in to them, otherwise they would lose.

I would LOVE if all of the U.S. & Canada had blue laws. When I go to other counties and states seeing things being open on Sundays, my heart hurts for the poor employees
Hmm you get every Sunday off..does your heart hurt for the poor employees being forced to work Thanksgiving night for stupid Black Friday sales

Old 11-13-2012, 08:17 AM

13,324 posts, read 11,994,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Hmm you get every Sunday off..does your heart hurt for the poor employees being forced to work Thanksgiving night for stupid Black Friday sales
It does mine, I think it's a terrible trend, personally.

Old 11-13-2012, 08:27 AM

12,290 posts, read 22,246,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Me too

Old 11-13-2012, 08:32 AM

14,721 posts, read 31,438,872 times
Quote:
Conform!! How dare people in one town want to do things differently than every other town! Conform, conform! The fact the residents and business owners may want the blue laws, we, who live outside your town don't, so conform! (Note I am not talking about the emergency exception, but the blue laws in general which most people here seem unreasonably P.O.'d about)
lol, how true. I totally don't get the vitriol spewed against these if it is what the people of Bergen County want. I think a lot of people are just railing because of whom the OP was, but is this really that big of a deal? I'm still waiting for someone, anyone, to post anything that proves this impacts anyone else in the state negatively.

Quote:
Totally agree again. I think the whole Black Friday trend in general is getting completely ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey