U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 11:00 PM

24,511 posts, read 31,086,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
Ridiculous.

Stores closed on Saturdays? So employees can go out on Friday nights? How OLD are you? Don't get a JOB at a business that is open on weekends if you can't handle the schedule.

Stores closed on Fed holidays? Get a job with the gov't if you want that. Even private schools don't follow that lame excuse for a day off schedule. And private school teachers make less than public...no union to ride them through 'til retirement.

Football players need to be home eating bird with their families too! Get rid of football on Turkey day! And don't they play on Sat and Sun? Baseball and basketball and hockey do too? The coaches? The people working the news desks? The cops and the FF? The HORROR!

This is why America is in the ****ter. Lazy whiners everywhere who want others to be just as lazy as they are, so they feel better about themselves.
Yes it is ridiculous that you took my post seriously given my posting trend in this thread. Did you just crawl out from under a rock?

America is the way America is because of folks of shallow intelligence and critical thinking skills. You still have opportunities so not all is lost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2012, 11:29 PM

7,327 posts, read 6,024,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Yes it is ridiculous that you took my post seriously given my posting trend in this thread. Did you just crawl out from under a rock?

America is the way America is because of folks of shallow intelligence and critical thinking skills. You still have opportunities so not all is lost.
You were being sarcastic?

Well, people change opinions more than the change their underwear around here and I didn't notice.

Sorry...I'm just giddy about my power being turned back on while some morons are (were) worried about blue laws being suspended for an entire day.

I don't have any rocks to crawl out from under. Was that an insult, after you explained I didn't understand your post? Good form. Way to win friends and influence people.

Old 11-14-2012, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
You were being sarcastic?

Well, people change opinions more than the change their underwear around here and I didn't notice.

Sorry...I'm just giddy about my power being turned back on while some morons are (were) worried about blue laws being suspended for an entire day.

I don't have any rocks to crawl out from under. Was that an insult, after you explained I didn't understand your post? Good form. Way to win friends and influence people.
Glad to hear you got your power back.

I think my stance on this topic is very clear in this thread as the first reply. Obviously it was sarcastic.

Why do you insist on reducing the quality of this discussion by throwing around terms like "lazy whiners" and "morons"?

Old 11-23-2014, 01:39 AM

Thinking back... it was great for NJ to pull together in such times. It was an excellent choice to open stores so those who suffered could get back on their feet. #JerseyStrong

Old 11-23-2014, 04:36 PM

527 posts, read 439,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Thinking back... it was great for NJ to pull together in such times. It was an excellent choice to open stores so those who suffered could get back on their feet. #JerseyStrong
Seriously you need to bring back a 2 year old thread that is irrelevant today?

Old 12-07-2014, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacationmacation View Post
Seriously you need to bring back a 2 year old thread that is irrelevant today?
I feel that it's important to reflect on what a great state NJ is... and how great the people are for taking the opportunity to open stores when people were in need. We mustn't forget the great thing that Chris Christie did (in this specific case).

Good day, Nunnor.

Last edited by NJBest; 12-07-2014 at 11:31 PM..

Old 12-23-2014, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
Get a life.
I couldn't have said it better. It was great for the state to see past these ridiculous blue laws in the time of need.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey