Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 04:00 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,586,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic78 View Post
I know that there is a large orthodox community in Bergen county. I don't get why they live in an area where they can't shop on their biggest shopping day of the week.
I know lots of Christians and Muslims who lives in Israel and want to shop on Saturdays, which happens to be their biggest shopping day of the week.

Your post is nonsense. Orthodox Jews are minority in Bergen County, and concentrated only in Teaneck and Bergenfield.

America is NOT a Jewish county... so it does not matter who could shop or not. Most Jews are for them so they could travel around without traffic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2012, 04:03 PM

Marc Paolella

Do NOT post anything in my topics, discussions & forums anymore. I cannot believe that people like you do even exists in the 21st century unfortunately. Like I said, please stay away from this as much as possible.

You do not live in Bergen County and have no right to take away our freedoms and opinion. You don't pay our property taxes, so stay away. Thanks.

Old 11-08-2012, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
The slaves were "used to it" too. You can cherry pick responses that agree with your position until the cows come home. I could do the same 10 fold, but that would be incorrect. The position is wrong. Rationally, logically, and morally. Regardless of the number of citizens who agree with it. Your argument bottom lines too "we want it this way". Curtailing freedom can never be left to the capricious and arbitrary whims of citizens who "just want it that way".

Majority DOES NOT rule.
Majority DOES RULE. So majority voting for president and electives in politics do not count?

Like I said, stay away from this.

Old 11-08-2012, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
This is a problem between you and the management. Not the government.
No, it's an issue with every retail employee. Stop treating as like slaves. Retail managers would treat employees like slaves if they got away from it.

Old 11-08-2012, 04:14 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,848,855 times
I wouldn't mind getting rid of the blue laws if they improved the county and regional transit system. 50,000 already use buses to go to malls mainly from NYC and Urban Jersey... If the following projects were completed below I would be on board with lifting the laws , some towns already have lifted them.

Route 4 Widing in Teaneck
Route 4 Busway - Paterson - Fort Lee
Route 17 Widing in Hasbrouk Heights

Bergen - Passaic Light Rail or Northwest Rail Link - Butler - Ridgefield Park
West Shore line - Hoboken - West Haverstraw / Bear Mountain
Northern Light Rail - North Bergen - Teanfly / Norwood
Hackensack Rail Expansion

Old 11-08-2012, 04:23 PM

1,037 posts, read 3,162,014 times
Blue balls laws

Old 11-08-2012, 04:28 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,134,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunnor View Post
No, it's an issue with every retail employee. Stop treating as like slaves. Retail managers would treat employees like slaves if they got away from it.
1. This is a state of an emergency and a temporary situation.
2. There are people who are completely displaced and cannot attend college, work, church, or even family dinner because of it. You're issues during this state of an emergency are real petty in comparison.
3. You chose your profession and you chose your employer. You can choose a new profession or employer if you wish. You can discuss your concerns with your employer. You are not being treated as a slave.
4. Your opinion about retail managers is just that, an opinion.

Old 11-08-2012, 04:30 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,037,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunnor View Post
Marc Paolella

Do NOT post anything in my topics, discussions & forums anymore. I cannot believe that people like you do even exists in the 21st century unfortunately. Like I said, please stay away from this as much as possible.

You do not live in Bergen County and have no right to take away our freedoms and opinion. You don't pay our property taxes, so stay away. Thanks.
I am not aware that you own any part of this forum and have no right to exercise control over the postings of others. I will continue to post in any thread I wish, as long as the owners of this forum allow it. Obviously freedom of speech means little to you, since you appear to be fine with trampling on the rights of your fellow citizens to conduct business.

The blue laws are a threat to all citizens, and I will contine to work for their abolition in every way that is open to me. In fact, if any candidate in Paramus campaigns on a plank of eliminating the blue laws, I will make a significant campaign contribution.

As is evident, many citizens of Paramus are very much against the blue laws, and recognize them as an outrageous threat on the freedom of the citizenry.

They will be defeated at some point. And rightfully so.

Old 11-08-2012, 04:33 PM

570 posts, read 1,001,845 times
Sooner or later the younger generation will get rid of those pesky blue laws. Hated them when I lived there. Who knows, maybe people will actually like being able to shop on Sunday. Besides which, if Bergen County ever eliminated blue laws on a permanent basis, you would probably see the individual cities and towns with their own rules anyway. I know the laws in Paramus are way more restrictive than Bergen County as a whole.

Old 11-08-2012, 04:37 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,134,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
I am not aware that you own any part of this forum and have no right to exercise control over the postings of others. I will continue to post in any thread I wish, as long as the owners of this forum allow it.
Marc Paolella, you have been warned. This is Nunnor territory. You're rights to post on Nunnor territory have been provoked. There are no equal rights on Nunnor territory. You are a second-class citizen. A slave. You must lurk from now on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey