U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 10:03 PM

12,792 posts, read 13,420,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradykp View Post
we have less people unemployed and dependent on SNAP and TANF than those states. You want to bring back more than we send...start ruining the economy here like in those states.
Sounds like a well thought out plan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2012, 10:49 PM

3,827 posts, read 8,164,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradykp View Post
we have less people unemployed and dependent on SNAP and TANF than those states. You want to bring back more than we send...start ruining the economy here like in those states.

Move to Mississippi if you think it's so great that they get more federal tax dollars. I'll stay here!

Though - i'd love to have every state in the Union that takes more than it sends kicked out of our Union. I bet a lot of Republican politicians wouldn't like that though - they'd never hold national office again.
As pathetic as it is, we actually have significantly higher unemployment then "states like WV, MS, KY, etc"

Only 3 states in the union are worse then NJ in terms of unemployment

Old 11-10-2012, 11:03 AM

3,986 posts, read 5,309,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exhdo1 View Post
Agree, then he can practice his thievery on a national level.
VPs actually don't do that much although they've had more influence (see Darth Cheney) lately. They attend funerals and ribbon-cutting ceremonies.

Old 11-11-2012, 07:54 AM

12,029 posts, read 14,045,516 times
EBWick--A few days ago, I sent you a DM, but I suspect that you have not noticed this message waiting for you. Could you take a look at this message and send me a reply? I would be very appreciative!

Old 11-12-2012, 02:04 PM

12,542 posts, read 16,593,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersfan View Post
As pathetic as it is, we actually have significantly higher unemployment then "states like WV, MS, KY, etc"

Only 3 states in the union are worse then NJ in terms of unemployment
that may be true but we still don't have the same number of people dependent on gov't, in one way or another.

Old 11-12-2012, 02:07 PM

20,938 posts, read 26,039,226 times
the residents of new jersey's wonderful cities will always vote for the worst possible candidate.

Old 11-12-2012, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Sounds like a well thought out plan
i was just pointing out the conditions that make those states takers vs. us.

Old 11-13-2012, 08:11 AM

206 posts, read 400,432 times
Why are people debating about the personalities of these candidates. Senators vote in-line with their party 95%+ of the time. So all you're voting for when you vote for a senator is a party vote, the specific person occupying that seat is meaningless in today's Washington.

Old 11-13-2012, 11:05 AM

20,938 posts, read 26,039,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdavis44 View Post
Why are people debating about the personalities of these candidates. Senators vote in-line with their party 95%+ of the time. So all you're voting for when you vote for a senator is a party vote, the specific person occupying that seat is meaningless in today's Washington.
this is why i think the geniuses that pretend they are smarter than everyone else because they arent loyal to one party are fools (when it comes to legislators). you may think you are so smart by picking individual candidates and not only voting D or R, both those people you vote for will vote along the party line the vast majority of the times.

Old 11-13-2012, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
this is why i think the geniuses that pretend they are smarter than everyone else because they arent loyal to one party are fools (when it comes to legislators). you may think you are so smart by picking individual candidates and not only voting D or R, both those people you vote for will vote along the party line the vast majority of the times.
that may be true, but some senators do more to work with the other party to draft the legislation. those party line stats aren't always useful, as they don't reflect the work that went into drafting the law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey